Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Still Winning Transfer Portal
Bookmark and Share
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
MAC Still Winning Transfer Portal
MAC transfers in and out, as I can count em-which this year isn't easy-separated into:
P6: ACC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, SEC, PAC12
High-mid major (multibid leagues AAC, A10, MW, WC which usually rank 7-10 in the nation)
MAC level (Intraconference MAC, CUSA, Missouri Valley usually rank 11-13, plus stronger/larger Mid Major programs in lesser leagues)
Low mid-major D1
D2-NAIA

P5 transfers out = 4, P5 transfers in = 7
High-mid major transfers out = 2 High mid-major transfers in = 9
MAC level transfers out = 5 MAC level transfers in = 5
Low-mid major transfers out = 10 Low-mid major transfers in = 9
D2-NAIA transfers out = 12 transfers in = 0
at least 12 MAC transfers out undecided or not on scholarship elsewhere

MAC adds 16 guys from stronger leagues and loses 6 to them. Other D1 gains-losses even out, although I'd add that a bunch of low-mid major guys coming in were really good at that level. Also that 5 of the 6 guys transferring out to bigger leagues were seniors using the extra covid yr of eligibility, while 14 of the 16 coming in from bigger leagues have multiple years of eligibility left.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2021 03:00 AM by pono.)
06-12-2021 02:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: MAC Still Winning Transfer Portal
Are the players transfering in equitable in talent and contribution to the players transfering out or just easy recruits?
06-12-2021 04:50 AM
Lester Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
I think you're probably right, pono, that the MAC did well this transfer reason. Still, your stats overlook an important factor, I think. The guys transferring from the MAC to P6 are high-level MAC players. The guys transferring from P6 to the MAC are guys who turned out not to be as good as recruiters initially thought. Some of those guys will contribute significantly to their new MAC teams, but you may not see the next Marreon Jackson transferring into the MAC.
06-12-2021 11:28 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-12-2021 11:28 AM)Lester Wrote:  I think you're probably right, pono, that the MAC did well this transfer reason. Still, your stats overlook an important factor, I think. The guys transferring from the MAC to P6 are high-level MAC players. The guys transferring from P6 to the MAC are guys who turned out not to be as good as recruiters initially thought. Some of those guys will contribute significantly to their new MAC teams, but you may not see the next Marreon Jackson transferring into the MAC.

True, the guys leaving for bigger lights are all good MAC players. The P5 guys coming in are mostly younger guys who haven't cracked the rotation for significant minutes. Usually, a few of these types of transfers flourish in the MAC and a few don't-were simply overrated out of HS. Where the MAC scored was getting a lot of starters or top reserves from A10, MWC, AAC programs with 9 guys in and only 2 out (El-Amin and Nuga). Of course, you never know how guys will play in a new league, but overall it looks beneficial to the MAC.
06-12-2021 03:06 PM
Advertisement

Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Will he come home where his roots are?

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state...=algorithm
09-22-2021 04:29 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
his mom is an amazing local educator who loves her son very much.

i'm sure she'll support him regardless, but would love to have him even closer to home.
09-23-2021 04:26 AM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

(09-23-2021 04:26 AM)pono Wrote:  his mom is an amazing local educator who loves her son very much.

i'm sure she'll support him regardless, but would love to have him even closer to home.

Split family, dad played at UT and uncle at BGSU. I think he will look at UC and ND also. Dallas never was really healthy at OSu missing spring practice time several years and time during the season also. His first couple years played behind three rookie linebackers in the NFL who all have played a lot of minutes for their teams.
09-24-2021 05:41 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

Could be a big boost for our OL. But also could hurt if he decides to go home to Akron

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame...172114194/
10-02-2021 06:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.