Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mitch Berg injury status
Bookmark and Share
IamN2daRockets! Online
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Mitch Berg injury status
Did he have a knee injury at beginning of 2020 season? I know he was injured but not how or to what extent.

Has he healed? I wonder how he is doing?

Any info is appreciated. I noticed he's not listed on "our lads" most recent depth chart. I have no idea if this service/web-site is at all accurate.
06-09-2021 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Online
All American

RE: Mitch Berg injury status
I apologize for misleading "click bait" thread title. I made it sound like I knew his status. I just wondered if he has recovered.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021 02:55 PM by IamN2daRockets!.)
06-09-2021 12:08 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

He had shoulder surgery, if I remember right. Don't know anything about his recovery either.

I would not trust anything on the ourlads site at this point in the year. My guess is what they have there now is from last season.
06-09-2021 04:53 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I hope Mitch and Lavel come back strong. Interestingly, Vitaliy Gurman received 2nd team OL recognition, not to mention Rosi and Harris. This could be a very deep OL. Doerger, Bisek, Long, and Ateman have a lot of experience. I wonder also how Sciury and Stoefen are progressing.

Could the OL be a strength? That would be great.
07-01-2021 09:38 AM
Advertisement

acrocket46 Offline
Water Engineer

Could the OL be a strength? That would be great.
[/quote]

If the OL is a strength in 2021 we are MAC Champs.
07-01-2021 10:13 AM
IamN2daRockets! Online
All American

We are deep I just don’t know how good the line really will be in 2021. Like AcRocket said it is key. I think we have very good proven players at all positions and we are DEEP.

Anyone want to take a shot at the OL two deep???????
07-01-2021 03:12 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

If the OL is a strength this year, I will be pleased, but also surprised.

Gurman, IMO, did not have an all-MAC type showing at all last year. Unknown whether Berg and Dumont are going to be 100%, especially at the start of the season. OG really suffered last year too when Rosi got moved to tackle. He played admirably there, but I think UT would be better with him back at OG. Also, Candle said the several of the linemen were dinged up during spring ball, so there had been little opportunity for a consistent group to play together for a period of time, which is critical to having a great line.

Since Manning left, UT's OL play has been on a downward trend, IMO. Had some decent years as long as some of his recruits were still on the teams, but we are finished with that now I think ... Oh wait, I think Harris was a Manning recruit from back in the late 90s. But, after he is gone?
07-01-2021 05:07 PM
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Online
All American

If my memory is correct didn’t Gurman have numerous “procedure” penalties at key points in games. That’s my recollection. Our 2000 line was awesome and we were OL U until 2017. It’s been downhill since 2016.
07-01-2021 06:11 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

(07-01-2021 03:12 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  We are deep I just don’t know how good the line really will be in 2021. Like AcRocket said it is key. I think we have very good proven players at all positions and we are DEEP.

I took a stab at your question on what the two deep looks like. I wanted to look at some more video, so I enjoyed watching the NIU game on YouTube. In the second half, the line looked solid. Here are my thoughts. Keep in mind I have no idea, just watched the video. One question I also have no idea about is the younger guys pushing some others down the depth chart. Also, how are prior injuries coming along?

LT: Berg and Gurman
LG: Rosi, Doerger
C: Harris, Bisek
RG: Long, Sciury
RT: Dumont, Ateman

A couple guys on the second could get bumped, but starters look solid.

Also, Boca was right regarding Bradley picking apart the MAC when he gets comfortable. He had some picks due to throwing into traffic, but man can he make some throws.

Also, is Micah UTs best back?

Go Rockets!
08-23-2021 10:14 AM
Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
(08-23-2021 10:14 AM)PTLROCK Wrote:  
(07-01-2021 03:12 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  We are deep I just don’t know how good the line really will be in 2021. Like AcRocket said it is key. I think we have very good proven players at all positions and we are DEEP.

I took a stab at your question on what the two deep looks like. I wanted to look at some more video, so I enjoyed watching the NIU game on YouTube. In the second half, the line looked solid. Here are my thoughts. Keep in mind I have no idea, just watched the video. One question I also have no idea about is the younger guys pushing some others down the depth chart. Also, how are prior injuries coming along?

Also, Boca was right regarding Bradley picking apart the MAC when he gets comfortable. He had some picks due to throwing into traffic, but man can he make some throws.

Go Rockets!

Koback would been over a 1,000 yds rushing in a 12+ game season. Also a receiving threat out of the backfield. That's pretty damn good. If the OL improves
the Rocket RBs will put up some eye popping numbers.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2021 10:48 AM by Boca Rocket.)
08-23-2021 10:46 AM
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Online
All American

Go Rockets!

This looks like the starting OL five to me as well. Bergen may well be on 2 deep.
08-23-2021 11:04 AM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

(08-23-2021 11:04 AM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  

Go Rockets!

This looks like the starting OL five to me as well. Bergen may well be on 2 deep.

I agree. I just don’t have much to go on with some of the younger guys. It will be interesting to see how it works out. It seems to me there is opportunity for some to move into the 2-deep.
08-23-2021 04:07 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

(08-23-2021 10:46 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  .

Go Rockets!

Koback would been over a 1,000 yds rushing in a 12+ game season. Also a receiving threat out of the backfield. That's pretty damn good. If the OL improves
the Rocket RBs will put up some eye popping numbers.

I agree Koback is a tough back. When he is fired up, he can make things happen. Bryant can expose a hole and then run downhill and be really tough to stop. He seems to be a patient runner, but at times it seems like that can result in tackle for loss. I would really like to see a more aggressive style. Just my thoughts.

Micah comes in and makes things happen. He does a nice job catching the ball out of the backfield, as well. We are fortunate to have talented and experienced backs. I am looking forward to seeing the new guys. Lots of talent there too.

I think Bradley is ready to break out. He has improved his footwork, and has shown he can run, pick up first downs, as well as avoid the rush. I think he will be picking secondaries apart. You mention RB numbers popping eyes. I think the pass yards will too. Toledo has some very experienced WRs.

Experience can equate to urgency to win. Gotta get a title. Only so much time left. Get after it fellas!
08-23-2021 04:23 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

Any knowledge or thoughts on the new enrollments if any will see significant playing time
08-23-2021 11:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.