Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lizzie Cheney Took an Axe
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: Lizzie Cheney Took an Axe

Anyone know if she ever responded to Wyoming GOP?
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021 05:46 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
05-04-2021 05:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(05-04-2021 05:44 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(05-04-2021 03:19 PM)Danforth Wrote:  You know the Republican Party has gone off the deep end when Liz Chaney isn't conservative enough.

She wouldn’t embrace the lie. I suppose that’s become the litmus test in today’s GOP.
The big tent Democratic Party is just going to keep taking on more & more people as the Pubes keep whittling down their voter pool as well as their gene pool.

https://twitter.com/nedryun/status/1388247035535523841

DON’T LOOK BACK SOMEONE MAY BE GAINING ON YOU
05-04-2021 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Menso the moron
05-04-2021 06:15 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:House GOP conference chairwoman Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) sent a document to the whole House GOP conference in February against Democrat President Joe Biden’s amnesty plan which lifted at least a dozen passages nearly word-for-word from the Biden White House’s public “Fact Sheet” promoting the legislation.

The revelations are significant for a number of reasons. First and foremost, Cheney was spreading material lifted directly from the Biden White House to the whole House GOP conference. Secondly, and perhaps even more importantly, Cheney was sending House Republicans what was supposed to be information to arm them to fight against Democrats’ and Biden’s amnesty plan that were in fact actually talking points first publicly published on the Biden White House website to promote the exact same plan.

When reached for comment on the matter Tuesday, Cheney’s office said to Breitbart News that the document was not plagiarized. “I would push back on idea that it was ‘plagiarism,’ for starters,” Jeremy Adler, a Cheney spokesperson, told Breitbart News. “If you’ve seen the email, it specifically says the points about the proposal came from the White House. We were not taking the information and passing it off as our own or anything like that.”

In a follow-up email, Adler added: “It says in the document those points came from reports out of the White House.”

But nowhere in the three-page document does it say this information came from the Biden White House. And Cheney’s email to the House Republican conference did in fact attempt to pass off the document as a House GOP conference product — and makes no reference to the White House fact sheet in question.

The email, from Cheney’s official House email address sent to House GOP members and staff on Feb. 19, 2021, at 7:57 a.m., was her “Trailblazer” email she regularly blasts out to the conference. In it, the top of the “Top Takeaways” section is a criticism of Biden’s amnesty agenda and legislation. “President Biden’s Immigration Plan Unveiled Yesterday Would Leave Our Border Less Secure And Hurt Law-Abiding Americans,” Cheney’s email says.

The email includes several other details on immigration, and then it states that a linked and embedded document which Cheney says was “put together by the House Republican Conference” exposes the Biden amnesty plan.

Cheney wrote to members and staff in the House GOP conference to “please see the below background document put together by the House Republican Conference that summarizes what’s included in Democrats’ legislation.”

The document, images of which are embedded here, is also branded with the House GOP conference logo and does not state anywhere that these passages came from the Biden White House fact sheet.

[Image: d0bf6305-ba02-4444-9e4b-3582acca3af2-1.png]

[Image: d144bed1-7df6-45b0-a7b2-10e824f61ade-1.png]

[Image: c25a7ceb-b613-4677-928a-3781aeb51118-2-e...488966.png]

When presented with this extra information about Cheney passing the document off as a conference product in the email, and about the GOP conference branding and lack of reference in the email or document to the Biden White House fact sheet, Adler issued a follow-up statement attacking this story. The statement included a link to the actual Cheney email from Feb. 19 published online, which again demonstrates that there is no reference to the Biden White House document from which the House GOP conference document lifts several passages.

“This is an absurd story,” Adler said. “Here’s the entire memo and please publish it. Conference staff outlined the accomplishments of the Trump Administration, detailed the dangerous policies the Biden Administration was pushing, and noted that the summary of the Biden proposal was based on reports from the White House.”

The document includes passages lifted from the Biden White House immigration plan fact sheet.

“The bill will allow undocumented individuals to apply for temporary legal status, with the ability to apply for green cards after five years if they pass criminal and national security background checks and pay their taxes,” Cheney’s document says halfway down the first of its three pages, for instance.

But nearly that exact language describes the Biden amnesty plan in a fact sheet released by the Biden White House a month earlier on January 20, 2021, the day Biden was inaugurated. “The bill allows undocumented individuals to apply for temporary legal status, with the ability to apply for green cards after five years if they pass criminal and national security background checks and pay their taxes,” the Biden White House fact sheet says.

The only change between the two is the Cheney document changed the term “allows” from the Biden White House fact sheet to “will allow.”

This is hardly the only passage lifted from the Biden White House talking points by Cheney, and then sent to the House GOP conference and passed off as a Republican document in response to the bill.

Another section of Cheney’s document about the part of Biden’s bill that deals with so-called “Dreamers” is lifted word-for-word from the Biden White House document.

“‘Dreamers’, TPS holders, and immigrant farmworkers who meet specific requirements are eligible for green cards immediately under the legislation,” Cheney’s document says.

The Biden White House document says the exact same thing: “Dreamers, TPS holders, and immigrant farmworkers who meet specific requirements are eligible for green cards immediately under the legislation.”

There are other examples, too, like one where Cheney’s document changes one word from the Biden White House document. “Workers who undergo labor violations and cooperate with worker protection agencies will be granted greater access to U visa relief,” Cheney’s document says about the Biden bill.

“Workers who suffer serious labor violations and cooperate with worker protection agencies will be granted greater access to U visa relief,” Biden’s White House document says about the bill.

The only difference is Cheney’s document changed the word “suffer” from Biden’s document to “undergo.”

Several more passages appear in the Cheney document after they had already appeared in the Biden White House document, including:

“After three years, all green card holders who pass additional background checks and demonstrate knowledge of English and U.S. civics can apply to become citizens.”
“Applicants must be physically present in the United States on or before January 1, 2021. The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) may waive the presence requirement for those deported on or after January 20, 2017 who were physically U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021”
“The bill includes the NO BAN Act, which prohibits discrimination based on religion and limits presidential authority to issue future bans. The bill also expands the Diversity Visa Lottery
program to 80,000 from 55,000 visas.”
“The bill provides new funding to state and local governments, private organizations, educational institutions, community-based organizations, and not-for-profit organizations to expand programs to promote integration”
“This bill clears employment-based visa backlogs, recaptures unused visas, reduces wait times, and eliminates per-country visa caps”
“The bill provides dependents of H-1B visa holders work authorization, and children are
prevented from ‘aging out’ of the system.”
“gives DHS the authority to adjust green cards based on macroeconomic conditions”
“The bill requires that DHS and the Department of Labor establish a commission involving labor, employer, and civil rights organizations to make recommendations for improving the employment verification process.”
“The bill protects workers who are victims of workplace retaliation from deportation in order to
allow labor agencies to interview these workers. It also protects migrant and seasonal workers, and increases penalties for employers who violate labor laws.”
This story comes as Cheney faces serious blowback from her House GOP colleagues and across the conference as members have grown frustrated with her to the point that there is serious consideration she may be removed as conference chairwoman in the next few weeks.

Link
05-04-2021 07:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I'm pretty sure that Liz knows her political career is over. Doubtful she can get elected again from Wyoming. If she changes parties, still won't.

Somebody needs to tell her that the GOP has moved on from her dad's days and her politics are not embraced by the current membership. She has acted in a manner that seems all about herself.
05-04-2021 08:19 PM
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
(05-04-2021 08:19 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that Liz knows her political career is over. Doubtful she can get elected again from Wyoming. If she changes parties, still won't.

Somebody needs to tell her that the GOP has moved on from her dad's days and her politics are not embraced by the current membership. She has acted in a manner that seems all about herself.

It’s definitely not the same party.
05-04-2021 08:54 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(05-04-2021 08:54 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(05-04-2021 08:19 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that Liz knows her political career is over. Doubtful she can get elected again from Wyoming. If she changes parties, still won't.

The rinos are the new democrats. The democrats are now unabashed authoritarian Marxist prog filth.
05-04-2021 09:01 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(05-04-2021 09:01 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(05-04-2021 08:54 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

The rinos are the new democrats. The democrats are now unabashed authoritarian Marxist prog filth.

They wear their stupidity like badges of honor and expect rational people to exalt them for it.
05-04-2021 09:47 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
She's pushing back against the big lie which is hurting our country.
05-05-2021 01:10 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
What’s hurting our country is wussified blue scum like swag
05-05-2021 06:17 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Lizzie Cheney Took an Axe
Kinda weird that a woman who votes the line would be removed because she won't toe the line about election fraud.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
05-05-2021 06:24 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-05-2021 06:24 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Kinda weird that a woman who votes the line would be removed because she won't toe the line about election fraud.

I think that's not the only place where she won't toe the line. And quite frankly, I'd be quite happy for the republican party to replace the Cheney wing with the blue-collar working wing that Trump attracted. I have yet to understand why the RINO neocons chose to vote for Biiden--although I suppose it's in their blood, since the neocons started out as democrats.
05-05-2021 07:24 AM
Marc Mensa Online

(05-05-2021 07:24 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(05-05-2021 06:24 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Kinda weird that a woman who votes the line would be removed because she won't toe the line about election fraud.

I think that's not the only place where she won't toe the line. And quite frankly, I'd be quite happy for the republican party to replace the Cheney wing with the blue-collar working wing that Trump attracted. I have yet to understand why the RINO neocons chose to vote for Biiden--although I suppose it's in their blood, since the neocons started out as democrats.

Outside of her refusal to embrace the stolen election lie and her refusal to absolve Trump’s responsibility for the Capitol insurrection, where is she out of step?
05-05-2021 08:12 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Looks like Gaetz will get the last laugh.

Also, I dont believe its a coincidence that one of her primary supporters in McCarthy had a nasty leak about him renting an apartment from Frank Luntz.
05-05-2021 08:32 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-05-2021 08:12 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Outside of her refusal to embrace the stolen election lie and her refusal to absolve Trump’s responsibility for the Capitol insurrection, where is she out of step?

Menso,

She's a neocon like her father, and that's the wrong way to go. I'll gladly give the neocons back to the democrats in exchange for the blue-collar working class. Let democrats have the patrician finance class and the non-working welfare class, let republicans have the doers and makers who actually make the country run.

As far as the stolen election, nobody knows whether that is true or not, and it is not possible to know, because there are no controls in place to allow us to know. Nobody has actually looked at where the real problems are, the proliferation of unverified and unverifiable ballots, and until that can be analyzed, I'm not willing to accept the assertion that the election was on the up and up. The problem obviously is that it can't be done after the fact. Once ballots are in the box, they stay there. How they are counted is a relatively minor problem. The only thing that can be done is to place adequate controls on future elections. Democrats clearly don't want that, because that impacts their ability to cheat. There is no other viable reason for opposing adequate election controls except the desire to cheat.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021 10:36 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
05-05-2021 08:38 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(05-05-2021 08:12 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Outside of her refusal to embrace the stolen election lie and her refusal to absolve Trump’s responsibility for the Capitol insurrection, where is she out of step?

https://twitter.com/j_konover/status/138...7872406528

IT’S MY PARTY AND I’LL CRY IF I WANT TO
05-05-2021 08:48 AM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
(05-05-2021 08:38 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Menso,

She's a neocon like her father, and that's the wrong way to go. I'll gladly give the neocons back to the democrats in exchange for the blue-collar working class. Let democrats have the patrician finance class and the non-working welfare class, let republicans have the doers and makers who actually make the country run.

As far as the stolen election, nobody has actually looked at where the real problems are, the proliferation of unverified and unverifiable ballots, and until that can be analyzed, I'm not willing to accept the assertion that the election was on the up and up. The problem obviously is that it can't. The only thing that can be done is to place adequate controls on future elections. Democrats clearly don't want that, because that impacts their ability to cheat. There is no other viable reason for opposing adequate election controls except the desire to cheat.

Amen, but on the other hand, Trump needs to let this 2024 talk go and start working behind the scenes fundraising for 2022 House and Senate candidates.
05-05-2021 08:48 AM
Marc Mensa Online

Menso,

As far as the stolen election, nobody has actually looked at where the real problems are, the proliferation of unverified and unverifiable ballots, and until that can be analyzed, I'm not willing to accept the assertion that the election was on the up and up. The problem obviously is that it can't. The only thing that can be done is to place adequate controls on future elections. Democrats clearly don't want that, because that impacts their ability to cheat. There is no other viable reason for opposing adequate election controls except the desire to cheat.

So, do you have any examples or simply more supposition, conspiracy and innuendo?
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021 10:06 AM by Marc Mensa.)
05-05-2021 10:05 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(05-05-2021 10:05 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

Menso,

So, do you have any examples or simply more supposition, conspiracy and innuendo?
Why do you care the Republicans are demoting someone in their caucus is the real question? Just because is a good enough reason. She doesn't represent the wishes of her constituents is another good enough reason.
05-05-2021 10:19 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-05-2021 10:05 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
Menso,

Supposition, conspiracy, and innuendo? You mean, like, "Russia, Russia, Russia"?

What I know to be factual from 40+ years working with physical and information security in the military and as an auditor/internal controls consultant, is that the procedures for securing elections in a number of states were simply and grossly inadequate. And although I am not privy to specific details, what that experience also suggests very strongly is that when controls are that lax, breaches typically occur right and left.
05-05-2021 01:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.