Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Foyer get’s another transfer
Bookmark and Share
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Little Rock Head Women's Basketball Coach Joe Foley announced Thursday that Azaria Robinson, an Alaska native, has transferred from New Mexico to join the Trojans program.

Robinson has spent the past two seasons with the Lobos, appearing in 29 games and shooting an astounding 71.9% from the field (23-for-32).

"Azaria brings to us some size and athleticism inside," Foley said. "She shoots a great percentage from the field and with her size and length she will be a big factor for us on both ends of the floor. We are very excited that she is coming to Little Rock."

Last season, Robinson averaged 5.0 minutes in her 12 games, shooting 75% from the floor (9 of 12) while grabbing 12 rebounds and getting credited with two blocks. She scored a season-high six points at Utah State and played six minutes in New Mexico's game at Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

During the 2019-20 season, Robinson averaged 5.8 minutes in her 17 games played, scoring 31 points and grabbing 26 rebounds. She scored a career-high nine points at Air Force while also grabbing a career-high five rebounds in that game, matching the five boards she had against Northern New Mexico earlier that season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-29-2021 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Foyer get’s another transfer
She was a top 100 player out of high school. Joe will bring the best out of her.
04-29-2021 01:40 PM
RBL Offline
Heisman

Foley now has one 6’3, three 6’2, one 6’1 and two 5’11 players. Biggest team I can remember

04-29-2021 01:43 PM
Advertisement

TrojanTeen2 Offline
Special Teams

We’ve always been a small team which has been our disadvantage (at least against non-sbc competition). Foley and his staff can develop a lot of good post players but they never seemed to be taller than 6’0 which would be a problem against the occasional team with a 6’3-6’5 player.
04-29-2021 03:35 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

5 newcomers if I counted correctly. Will any of them start?
04-29-2021 03:52 PM
Advertisement

TrojanTeen2 Offline
Special Teams

If Vornes is 100% healthy, I bet she starts. Mayra will start. However the other 3 positions are pretty much open unless I’m missing someone from last year.

Looking at the Juco’s numbers, she’s probably most likely to start. The 2 transfers were reserves but the TCU could shoot the 3, so potentially a guard starter. I heard New Mexico transfer came for more minutes. So I wonder if she will start or at least will be a big part in the rotation.
04-29-2021 04:45 PM
RBL Offline
Heisman

Foley signs another on today

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Little Rock Head Women's Basketball Coach Joe Foley announced Friday that his program has signed Destini Whitehead to a National Letter of Intent.

Whitehead comes to Little Rock after spending the past two years at Panola College where she averaged 8.9 points and 3.1 rebounds over her two seasons along with 3.6 assists, 1.2 blocks and 1.2 steals per game.

"We are very excited to add Destini to our basketball team," Foley said. "Her ability to shoot the 3-pointer and score at different levels will help us fill a need on our team. She is a very good athlete that can play on both ends of the floor and I am looking forward to coaching her here at Little Rock."

She led Panola to a 13-8 record this past season while accumulating a 16-13 record in her first season with the Ponies. Last season, she registered seven games with double-digit scoring including a high 19 points against Blinn College.

"Destini has been our rock for the past two seasons and will leave a lasting impression on our program," said Panola Head Coach Alex Furr. "She has been a leader both on and off the floor and competes hard in every game and every practice. She is also an excellent student in the classroom with a 4.0 GPA. It has been an honor to coach her and see her growth as a player and person and I know that success will follow her on her journey to Little Rock."

04-30-2021 01:35 PM
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

Now has 14 players

04-30-2021 02:41 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-30-2021 01:35 PM)RBL Wrote:  Foley signs another on today

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Little Rock Head Women's Basketball Coach Joe Foley announced Friday that his program has signed Destini Whitehead to a National Letter of Intent.

Whitehead comes to Little Rock after spending the past two years at Panola College where she averaged 8.9 points and 3.1 rebounds over her two seasons along with 3.6 assists, 1.2 blocks and 1.2 steals per game.

"We are very excited to add Destini to our basketball team," Foley said. "Her ability to shoot the 3-pointer and score at different levels will help us fill a need on our team. She is a very good athlete that can play on both ends of the floor and I am looking forward to coaching her here at Little Rock."

She led Panola to a 13-8 record this past season while accumulating a 16-13 record in her first season with the Ponies. Last season, she registered seven games with double-digit scoring including a high 19 points against Blinn College.

"Destini has been our rock for the past two seasons and will leave a lasting impression on our program," said Panola Head Coach Alex Furr. "She has been a leader both on and off the floor and competes hard in every game and every practice. She is also an excellent student in the classroom with a 4.0 GPA. It has been an honor to coach her and see her growth as a player and person and I know that success will follow her on her journey to Little Rock."

Not eye-catching numbers, but I trust Coach Foley's ability to evaluate talent.
04-30-2021 04:04 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-30-2021 04:04 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(04-30-2021 01:35 PM)RBL Wrote:  Foley signs another on today

Not eye-catching numbers, but I trust Coach Foley's ability to evaluate talent.

The Panola site shows her averaging 9.4 points a game this season. She also shot 35.1% from behind the 3 point line which is quite good.
04-30-2021 06:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.