Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What does successful Miller time look like?
Bookmark and Share
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
RE: What does successful Miller time look like?
(04-22-2021 01:45 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(04-22-2021 11:49 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  
(04-21-2021 09:59 AM)namrag Wrote:  JFC are you guys thin skinned.

Maybe try to not rise to every post that Doss drops to troll you.

FYI you are actually allowed to ignore posts.

I don't see any reason to ban him for crying out loud.

Guys like Rath are incapable of ignoring posts. He lives his life through these message boards. Its why he has 40,000 posts.

Guys like Nacho thought Kirkland would not have blown out his knee in 2006 had Bob not been fired because of changes in the space time continuum. True story. 03-lmfao

And there's the proof. Rath is incapable of ignoring posts.

I don't recall saying that but seeing as you live your life on this message board I assume you looked it up and its accurate. I'm not exactly sure why you are even referencing that post seeing as its 100% accurate.

04-22-2021 01:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
You have a hard on for me...it’s understandable. I’m all that.

Chefs kiss.

04-22-2021 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
namrag Online
All American

I Root For:
I personally could care less if people like going back and forth on troll-type posts, or simply posts by other people that they don't agree with. Heck I do it all the time on the political board.

It does irk me when people start calling for the banning of certain posters, particularly when their posts are more trolling and not outright blatantly offensive.

I have very rarely seen, in my opinion, a blatantly offensive post on Banter.

People have insulted me on here (mainly on the political board haha), and it didn't make me want to ban them.

I don't understand the reaction to ban someone. Just move on, block them, whatever.

04-23-2021 08:57 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(04-23-2021 08:57 AM)namrag Wrote:  I personally could care less if people like going back and forth on troll-type posts, or simply posts by other people that they don't agree with. Heck I do it all the time on the political board.

It does irk me when people start calling for the banning of certain posters, particularly when their posts are more trolling and not outright blatantly offensive.

People have insulted me on here (mainly on the political board haha), and it didn't make me want to ban them.

I don't understand the reaction to ban someone. Just move on, block them, whatever.

I've never banned anyone from the forum and the mods use bans very very very rarely. Before we do we discuss it and try to come up with other resolutions (an example might be having a private conversation with the poster or giving a poster a one week vacation). Maybe it will surprise you, maybe it won't but the complaints we get don't vary that much on who they are regarding.

I'm not going to get into what is and isn't a "blatantly offensive" post. I think that varies based on who is reading it. But if threads are consistently derailed by one or two posters' nonsense, said posters may not be around forever. I hear what you're saying, but I can tell you many have complained we give people too long a leash before we act. I'd rather error on that side just from a philosophical stand point, but ultimately if we have to ban someone it will get done. Know that we don't take that decision lightly.

04-23-2021 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bcatbog Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of Cincy
(04-19-2021 04:58 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Let me see the team he puts together for next year and then I'll let you know.

How the he!! am I supposed to know how they're going to do when I don't even know who they are yet?

As far as a Brannen comparison, it's not like Miller is walking into a team with Jarron Cumberland and Tre Scott.

“ As far as a Brannen comparison, it's not like Miller is walking into a team with Jarron Cumberland and Tre Scott.”

My memory is Jarron spent the preseason in a walking boot due to an injured ankle and was very much fitness challenged as a result. Do you remember that? Then there was the Jarron “hero” ball. Facts are tough and often not present here.

04-25-2021 04:17 PM
Bcatbog Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of Cincy
(04-19-2021 06:52 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(04-19-2021 02:23 PM)Bcatbog Wrote:  LOL, the hated Brannen played in the conference championship game in year 2 and I think was the #1 seed in year 1. But hey, for some we now have a coach, with expectations below the accomplishments of the hated Brannen. Absolutely laughable.

You make sense, therefore you will be dismissed.

(04-19-2021 08:34 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(04-19-2021 08:27 PM)Bcatbog Wrote:  
(04-19-2021 08:03 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  
(04-19-2021 02:23 PM)Bcatbog Wrote:  LOL, the hated Brannen played in the conference championship game in year 2 and I think was the #1 seed in year 1. But hey, for some we now have a coach, with expectations below the accomplishments of the hated Brannen. Absolutely laughable.

What’s laughable is how you are such a shill for Brannen.

He gone.

Get over it.

I am not a shill for Brannen. I am a voice asking for sanity where there is none. I do hope he gets paid though.

Remember, the word fan comes from fanatic. The lack of objectivity here is fun to watch - and poke fun at.

If you weren't a Brannen "shill" then you wouldn't be so resentful of the new coach.

“If you weren't a Brannen "shill" then you wouldn't be so resentful of the new coach.”

Where in the name of basic sanity can you find justification for saying I am resentful of the “new coach”? Going forward I always want the best for Bearcat teams. That said, I hope Brannen gets paid. Based on what is known, this was a management (Cunningham) disaster. Anyone with real world corporate experience should see it. IMO Cunningham miserably failed management 101.

04-25-2021 04:26 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
(04-23-2021 02:45 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(04-23-2021 08:57 AM)namrag Wrote:  I personally could care less if people like going back and forth on troll-type posts, or simply posts by other people that they don't agree with. Heck I do it all the time on the political board.

I've never banned anyone from the forum and the mods use bans very very very rarely. Before we do we discuss it and try to come up with other resolutions (an example might be having a private conversation with the poster or giving a poster a one week vacation). Maybe it will surprise you, maybe it won't but the complaints we get don't vary that much on who they are regarding.

I'm not going to get into what is and isn't a "blatantly offensive" post. I think that varies based on who is reading it. But if threads are consistently derailed by one or two posters' nonsense, said posters may not be around forever. I hear what you're saying, but I can tell you many have complained we give people too long a leash before we act. I'd rather error on that side just from a philosophical stand point, but ultimately if we have to ban someone it will get done. Know that we don't take that decision lightly.

Like everybody complaining and getting Duane Norman banned... and now we have hemond.

Hemond makes Duane Norman look like Disney World.

04-25-2021 04:38 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I miss the halcyon days when the bickering was because why we lost a future HOF coach more than these days where the complaining is about losing a meh coach who has never won a single NCAA game and never did much to endear himself to the fan base. .

04-25-2021 05:06 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
There’s like one guy doing all the complaining. Everyone else is shrugging their shoulders and ready for the next man in.

04-25-2021 05:17 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(04-25-2021 04:26 PM)Bcatbog Wrote:  

He gone.

Get over it.

I am not a shill for Brannen. I am a voice asking for sanity where there is none. I do hope he gets paid though.

Remember, the word fan comes from fanatic. The lack of objectivity here is fun to watch - and poke fun at.

If you weren't a Brannen "shill" then you wouldn't be so resentful of the new coach.

“If you weren't a Brannen "shill" then you wouldn't be so resentful of the new coach.”

Where in the name of basic sanity can you find justification for saying I am resentful of the “new coach”? Going forward I always want the best for Bearcat teams. That said, I hope Brannen gets paid. Based on what is known, this was a management (Cunningham) disaster. Anyone with real world corporate experience should see it. IMO Cunningham miserably failed management 101.
I am not resentful of the new coach but I am not going to glorify him. To date his crowning achievement is 3 low level recruits. Come on man.

When he signs some top 150 freshman and gets in the NCAA I will contribute to The Wes Miller Statue Fund.

04-25-2021 06:40 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC

He gone.

Get over it.

I mean, if you want to cry yourself to sleep every night holding your signed photo of John Brannen, I don't give a crap.

I dunno, maybe it's the fact that you have to go and be a condescending d!ck about it that leads to the complaints and ill will around here.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2021 07:23 PM by Bear Catlett.)
04-25-2021 07:21 PM
KenyonFartin Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(04-25-2021 07:21 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  

(04-19-2021 08:03 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  What’s laughable is how you are such a shill for Brannen.

He gone.

Get over it.

I mean, if you want to cry yourself to sleep every night holding your signed photo of John Brannen, I don't give a crap.

I dunno, maybe it's the fact that you have to go and be a condescending d!ck about it that leads to the complaints and ill will around here.

It's almost as if these VERY SICK message board FANATICS have some weird hangup about half of coach's recruits quitting on him.

04-25-2021 07:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.