Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Part 3 CNN Director ADMITS Network Engaged in ‘Helping’ BLM (O'Keefe Suspended)
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
RE: CNN Director ADMITS Network Engaged in ‘Propaganda’ to Remove Trump
(04-13-2021 06:00 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  
(04-13-2021 12:51 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  People like swag think that propaganda is a good thing.

The way that Trump went after CNN, I'm sure that there were a lot of hard feelings at the network....

I'm sure you are correct, but that doesn't make it right. Their job is not personal. It's business.
04-14-2021 09:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(04-13-2021 12:43 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  I'm shocked! *
everyone is. Candor/honesty from anyone at CNN really is in the man-bites-dog category.
04-14-2021 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(04-13-2021 03:38 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(04-13-2021 12:50 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  I was curious to see what the job of a Technical Director entails at CNN:

Quote:About the job
This is our story

CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?

See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

What part will you play?
Execute, under the direction of the program director and producers, the video design and output of broadcasts.
Act as the manager of the crew assigned to the production, responsible for their conduct and performance.
May also be called upon to simultaneously direct small to mid-level live and taped productions.

What will you be doing?
Required to independently set up and operate control room and studio in order to facilitate operation of remote and studio live shots.
Vacation coverage of regular shows as needed.
Set up and operate control room equipment, attend production meetings - as participant or leader.
Assign, manage, and evaluate studio production crew personnel.
Perform directing functions.
Other control room and studio duties as needed.

What do we need from you?
Two (2) years as TD for live productions.
Operational experience with Sony MVS-8000 is preferable.

But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS

Is the only job posting I found with a description. Forgive me if I'm skeptical about this guy making any kind of major decision on how CNN produces or directs segments in one direction or another that could drive a narrative on Trump or Biden. He did seem to do some work for Erin Burnett but again, he isn't the man in charge of production. Seems more like a guy drinking and posturing on a date.

But do I believe that higher ups make such decisions? Absolutely. At CNN, Fox, MSNBC, BBC, you name it. I think "news" production is bipartisan in that it's agenda driven from all sides.

Looks to me he was only describing what went on and stating he wanted to be a part of that. I see no claims that he was the orchestrator.

Fair enough... but it would've carried more weight if it was from the mouth of someone of influence. Not a dude drinking and swinging his dick to sound important for some woman in a bar. At the end of the day this feels like just another self serving PropagandaPhantom post to me, meant to anger and rally the troops rather than carry anything of substance.
04-14-2021 10:28 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
BREAKING NEWS!

WATER...........IS WET!
04-14-2021 12:18 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(04-14-2021 12:18 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  BREAKING NEWS!

WATER...........IS WET!

Haven't you heard? The word "Wet" is considered racist slang now. You must refer to water only as "Liquid" now.
04-14-2021 12:42 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(04-14-2021 12:42 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  
(04-14-2021 12:18 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  BREAKING NEWS!

WATER...........IS WET!

Haven't you heard? The word "Wet" is considered racist slang now. You must refer to water only as "Liquid" now.

Is W.A.P. an acceptable alternative? Asking for a friend.
04-14-2021 12:48 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(04-14-2021 10:28 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  
(04-13-2021 12:50 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  I was curious to see what the job of a Technical Director entails at CNN:

This is our story

CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?

See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

What part will you play?
Execute, under the direction of the program director and producers, the video design and output of broadcasts.
Act as the manager of the crew assigned to the production, responsible for their conduct and performance.
May also be called upon to simultaneously direct small to mid-level live and taped productions.

What will you be doing?
Required to independently set up and operate control room and studio in order to facilitate operation of remote and studio live shots.
Set up and operate control room equipment, attend production meetings - as participant or leader.

But wait, there’s more!
Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS

Is the only job posting I found with a description. Forgive me if I'm skeptical about this guy making any kind of major decision on how CNN produces or directs segments in one direction or another that could drive a narrative on Trump or Biden. He did seem to do some work for Erin Burnett but again, he isn't the man in charge of production. Seems more like a guy drinking and posturing on a date.

But do I believe that higher ups make such decisions? Absolutely. At CNN, Fox, MSNBC, BBC, you name it. I think "news" production is bipartisan in that it's agenda driven from all sides.

Looks to me he was only describing what went on and stating he wanted to be a part of that. I see no claims that he was the orchestrator.

Fair enough... but it would've carried more weight if it was from the mouth of someone of influence. Not a dude drinking and swinging his dick to sound important for some woman in a bar. At the end of the day this feels like just another self serving PropagandaPhantom post to me, meant to anger and rally the troops rather than carry anything of substance.

So you're assigning motive to his comments -- about which you really have no clue.

You can assume motive, but you can't assign motive.

In the absence of motive, his statements have to stand on their own.

And even if your assumption was correct about his motive, that does not mean his statements are inaccurate.
04-14-2021 12:49 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(04-14-2021 12:49 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

This is our story

What part will you play?

What will you be doing?

But wait, there’s more!

So you're assigning motive to his comments -- about which you really have no clue.

And even if your assumption was correct about his motive, that does not mean his statements are inaccurate.

Everything is an assumption here because it is hearsay.
04-14-2021 12:52 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I'm pretty sure that what that man said was a sentiment pretty commonly shared in the CNN newsroom.

If somebody would point out to me a clip of anybody at Fox saying that their only job was to get rid of __________ (Biden, Obama, Clinton) even if that meant selling lies I'd appreciate it. There is a difference in a network being ideologically opposed to a politician and working hard to get him out of office BAMN (by any means necessary).

BTW, I don't watch Fox but am responding to other posters' whataboutism.
04-14-2021 12:59 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

James O’Keefe Appears on Hannity to Break Down Latest “Expose CNN” Video

Here's Part 2:

Quote:CNN Technical Director Charlie Chester: “Any reporter on CNN -- what they're actually doing is they're telling the person what to say… It's always like leading them in a direction before they even open their mouths. The only people that we [CNN] will let on the air, for the most part, are people that have a proven track record of taking the bait.”

Chester: “COVID? Gangbusters with ratings, right? Which is why we [CNN] constantly have the [COVID] death toll on the side, which I have a major problem with – with how we’re tallying how many people die every day.”
Chester: “Like, why isn’t it high enough, you know, today? Like it would make our point better if it was higher. And I’m like, what am I f***ing rallying for? That’s a problem that we’re doing that.”

Chester: “It's fear. Fear really drives numbers [TV ratings] … Fear is the thing that keeps you tuned in.”

Chester: “The special red phone rings and this producer picks it up. You hear [murmurs], and every so often they put it on speaker and it's the head of the network being like, ‘There's nothing that you're doing right now that makes me want to stick. Put the [COVID death toll] numbers back up, because that's the most enticing thing that we had. So, put it back up.’”

Chester: “I think there’s an art to manipulation…Inflection, saying things twice -- there's little subtleties to how to manipulate people...I mean, it's enough to change the world, you know?”

Chester: “No one ever says those things out loud, but it's obvious based on the amount of stories that we [CNN] do. The fact that we have a segment called 'The Good Stuff', which is a feel-good thing, but it's a dedicated moment at the end to almost be the ice cream to alleviate everything that you've been through. Something sweet to end it with, because everything else is doom and gloom.”
04-14-2021 04:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: Part 2 CNN Director ADMITS Network Engaged in Pumping Up Covid Fears
(04-14-2021 12:52 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Everything is an assumption here because it is hearsay.

I am having a slight problem with this statement. Not it's accuracy, but it's application. AKA it is true if it fits in your narrative or you simply want to believe it. Hearsay is funny like that - no?

Trump's "quid pro quo" was hearsay too, but holy schidt did that have legs with the ComTom's (and congresses) of the world.

This report / account of CNN's actions sure seem more like a 1st person account than "a guy heard from a guy who heard"..... Adding insult to injury, even people who lean left have to see how slanted to one-sided CNN's reporting has been on Trump. It is fine if you agree with their reporting, but I can count on one hand how many times that network said anything complimentary of they guy in 4+ years.

Trump went after CNN because they were not giving him a fair shake in the first place. He did not just decide to attack CNN unprovoked. CNN just reinforced Trumps claims by acting like a jilted lover instead of an objective and thick skinned journalist.

The truth is the truth whether you like the person (or subject) or not. For example, I have no doubt that Trump was advocating for some quid pro quo agreement. But that is how every deal is done, he did not engage in something any differently than any president before him or any that will follow him and if you believe otherwise you are a fool.

The only difference between CNN and the other media outlets is that someone just exposed them outright. It will not be too much longer before we find out the rest engaged in similar anything "anti-Trump" we can run with reporting.
04-15-2021 08:17 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

RE: Part 2 CNN Director ADMITS Network Engaged in Pumping Up Covid Fears
Quote:CNN Technical Director Charlie Chester: “I was trying to do some research on the Asian hate, like the people [who] are getting attacked and whatnot. A bunch of black men have been attacking Asians. I’m like ‘What are you doing? Like, we [CNN] are trying to help BLM.’”

Chester: “The optics of that are not good. These [are] little things that are enough to set back movements, because the far left will start to latch on and create stories like ‘criminalizing an entire people,’ you know, just easier headlines that way, I guess.”

Chester: “I haven't seen anything about focusing on the color of people's skin that aren't white. They [CNN] just aren't saying anything. You know what I mean?”

Chester: “You can shape an entire people's perception about anything [depending] on how you do it.”

04-15-2021 02:09 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

RE: Part 3 CNN Director ADMITS Network Engaged in ‘Trying to Help’ Black Lives Matter
04-15-2021 03:02 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Part 3 CNN Director ADMITS Network Engaged in ‘Trying to Help’ Black Lives Matter
Gosh, I'm soooo surprised. Iceholes covering for each other.

Their day is coming...........
04-15-2021 03:05 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
RE: Part 3 CNN Director ADMITS Network Engaged in ‘Helping’ BLM (O'Keefe Suspended)
(04-14-2021 12:52 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  
(04-14-2021 12:49 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

Everything is an assumption here because it is hearsay.

You mean kinda like what Trump was impeached for?
04-15-2021 03:35 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
RE: Part 3 CNN Director ADMITS Network Engaged in ‘Helping’ BLM (O'Keefe Suspended)
(04-15-2021 03:05 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Gosh, I'm soooo surprised. Iceholes covering for each other.

Their day is coming...........

He had better flee to China when the shooting starts.
04-15-2021 03:50 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-15-2021 04:02 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(04-13-2021 12:52 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Who is surprised. We have Oligarchs that own and are in charge of our media companies in America, including ALL Technology conglomerates. The US is the USSA now.

yes sir. as we go about our daily lives as if nothing has happened we have been taken over in a non-violent coup, unless of course you consider that BLM and antifa were a part of the strategy.
04-15-2021 04:10 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(04-13-2021 02:12 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(04-13-2021 01:41 PM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  
(04-13-2021 01:30 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  You know, this isn't surprising and Fox is only the messenger. The truly sad thing is that so many people believe everything Fox reports as if it's gospel. It's sad that even after so many proven lies, people still are not able to think for themselves and simply believe what they are told.

You know, this isn't surprising and OAN is only the messenger. The truly sad thing is that so many people believe everything OAN reports as if it's gospel. It's sad that even after so many proven lies, people still are not able to think for themselves and simply believe what they are told.

You know, this isn't surprising and MSNBC is only the messenger. The truly sad thing is that so many people believe everything MSNBC reports as if it's gospel. It's sad that even after so many proven lies, people still are not able to think for themselves and simply believe what they are told.

You know, this isn't surprising and Newsmax is only the messenger. The truly sad thing is that so many people believe everything Newsmax reports as if it's gospel. It's sad that even after so many proven lies, people still are not able to think for themselves and simply believe what they are told.

Well there goes the whataboutism. You knew it was coming.

When does the DOJ begin their campaign finance investigation?....

Please tell me that you don't deny that Fox, OAN, MSNBC and Newsmax slant their coverage to favor their chosen party? 07-coffee3

Please tell me that you're intelligent enough to be able to differentiate between slant and outright lies and propaganda. Oh wait...
04-15-2021 04:14 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(04-15-2021 03:02 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
He will sue the socks off of them

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
04-15-2021 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.