Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wisconsin's AD search
Bookmark and Share
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: Wisconsin's AD search
(04-09-2021 05:51 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(04-09-2021 04:54 PM)klake87 Wrote:  NIU financially handicapped Frazier. State funding in disarray. Alumni not donating. Attendance low. You have to judge him by how much he did with so little. Not saying he is great but he was handicapped.

Yes, that’s true, but if he handled the donors better, he could have brought in more donations.

They lost good people due to them performing well, getting better jobs. Some were not replaced, some replacements had no clue.

My issue with Frazier is likely yours and many others, the elitist attitude that was taken upon success keying around Orange Bowl. He fed the pipe dream, that many on here did and do believe, NIU is B12 worthy. That 100+ million to build new stadium everything else. What it became was an attention getter for big donors, which never came, and looked good on his LinkedIn page. All the meanwhile he alienated smaller donors, which at NIU are good donors. I was treated like a king at low level. Got calls, made sure tickets were handled correctly in follow up even tickets delivered personally at team function they invited me to in Columbus. I got fed and got to listen to Rod at the Yordon Center....2x! And they knew who people were on this board. That was a funny conversation.

Then couple years later. they wanted 3x for less. And he hear stories from those donating 10x-50x what I did.
He went for the big fish and catered to them when, in reality, NIU isn't that. And even if you head that way, have interns work and follow up, call people, work ticket center or something. Got to a point where no one answered and you gave up.

Yes, I don't blame him for everything. But you need to adjust on the fly.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021 05:18 PM by randyfensfanclub1.)
04-12-2021 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Why is this thread on our board? No way in hell are they taking SF off our hands. WISC & those big time jobs you need guys who can raise $$$. No one is sniffing in deKalb.
04-12-2021 08:30 PM
StevenNIU Offline
1st String

(04-12-2021 08:30 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  Why is this thread on our board? No way in hell are they taking SF off our hands. WISC & those big time jobs you need guys who can raise $$$. No one is sniffing in deKalb.

I put it on here because SF was mentioned in the article as a candidate.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2021 05:38 AM by StevenNIU.)
04-12-2021 09:33 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(04-12-2021 08:30 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  Why is this thread on our board? No way in hell are they taking SF off our hands. WISC & those big time jobs you need guys who can raise $$$. No one is sniffing in deKalb.

I would consider his name in the article as relevant.
I also believe he was running the show as far as raising money at UW which may not be that hard to do but he had success. It's just unfortunate most of what he learned can't translate to a money windfall at NIU. Some due to him, his methods but equally due to other factors.

SEAN FRAZIER
Current position: Athletic director, Northern Illinois University

With more than 20 years as either an athletic director or high-level administrator on his resume, Frazier would have a wealth of experience to draw upon leading the Badgers. He would also be the first African American athletic director in UW’s history and has a long track record of pushing inclusion goals.

Frazier moved between a number of senior leadership roles at UW before becoming Alvarez’s deputy AD in 2011. McIntosh replaced him after Frazier took the top job at NIU.

How much Frazier could help UW programs elevate on the field would be a fair question — NIU’s top programs haven’t had much success the past five seasons.
04-13-2021 02:10 AM
stpeterocketfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
(04-13-2021 02:10 AM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  

I also believe he was running the show as far as raising money at UW which may not be that hard to do but he had success. It's just unfortunate most of what he learned can't translate to a money windfall at NIU. Some due to him, his methods but equally due to other factors.

SEAN FRAZIER

With more than 20 years as either an athletic director or high-level administrator on his resume, Frazier would have a wealth of experience to draw upon leading the Badgers. He would also be the first African American athletic director in UW’s history and has a long track record of pushing inclusion goals.

Frazier moved between a number of senior leadership roles at UW before becoming Alvarez’s deputy AD in 2011. McIntosh replaced him after Frazier took the top job at NIU.

How much Frazier could help UW programs elevate on the field would be a fair question — NIU’s top programs haven’t had much success the past five seasons.

NIU is broke and has no fan support!
04-17-2021 04:16 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Wisconsin's AD search
(04-17-2021 04:16 PM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  

SEAN FRAZIER

And Toledo smells like sh!t.
04-17-2021 04:31 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(04-17-2021 04:16 PM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  

SEAN FRAZIER

And Toledo has aholes like you. Beat it loser.
04-17-2021 08:02 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
(04-09-2021 10:34 AM)numbersdontlie Wrote:  Meh - On field performance isn't really that much of his problem. We've won championships while he has been here in numerous sports(FB, Gymnastics, CC).

Hopefully gymnastics and CC championships are a decision-maker in Wisconsin’s AD process. Tout those big time to UW President’s account on twitter and shoot him an email.
04-18-2021 10:06 AM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Don't forget wrestling. Oh, and men's tennis ... 21 wins ties the best since the late 1980s.

And to think they're spending all that money remodeling Camp Randall Stadium. Sheesh.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2021 08:02 PM by pvk75.)
04-18-2021 08:01 PM
StevenNIU Offline
1st String

Wisconsin is giving the job to Chris McIntosh so SF is staying.
06-01-2021 05:26 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

BREAKING: Chris McIntosh to be named UW athletic director

https://wtmj.com/homepage-showcase/2021/...-director/
06-01-2021 07:15 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Wisconsin's AD search
(06-01-2021 05:26 PM)StevenNIU Wrote:  Wisconsin is giving the job to Chris McIntosh so SF is staying.

Any chance STF could be hired as McIntosh’s coffee gofer?
06-01-2021 08:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.