Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] New Mexico State vs. North Texas smack talk
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
[split] New Mexico State vs. North Texas smack talk
(04-03-2021 04:34 PM)SMUstang Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 04:25 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 04:11 PM)SMUstang Wrote:  LU, SHSU, SFA and ACU and SUU of the WAC will be joined by affiliate football members UCA, EKU, and JSU of the ASUN this year to form an autobid conference. In 2022, Tarleton State and Dixie State will be eligible for autobids and another football member will likely be added. So the WAC, without the ASUN affiliates, will have an autobid. A move up to FBS in the future with this group is unlikely however. So the WAC either will remain FCS or will have to be able to attract western teams from current FBS conferences in order to move up. (UTEP, TSU, UTSA, UNT - possible but not likely)

So what would make the WAC more attractive to the 4 schools you mention at the end than their current conferences? Also I'm going to assume you mean TXST and not Texas Southern.

You are right, I meant TXST. Other than a major shakeup, I don't see any of those four moving to the WAC.

UNT is currently spending (budgets, pay, facilities,...) at a level squarely in the range of the better MWC programs, and closing in on the average of AAC programs. We are not investing all this money and resources just to conference with a bunch of FCS start-ups. North Texas is committed to becoming a premier athletic department within C-USA, or moving on to something bigger. Don't even both including us in these types of fantasy projects.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021 06:55 PM by Side.Show.Joe.)
04-03-2021 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
RE: Is it possible that the WAC will ever return to FBS?
(04-03-2021 06:52 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 04:11 PM)SMUstang Wrote:  LU, SHSU, SFA and ACU and SUU of the WAC will be joined by affiliate football members UCA, EKU, and JSU of the ASUN this year to form an autobid conference. In 2022, Tarleton State and Dixie State will be eligible for autobids and another football member will likely be added. So the WAC, without the ASUN affiliates, will have an autobid. A move up to FBS in the future with this group is unlikely however. So the WAC either will remain FCS or will have to be able to attract western teams from current FBS conferences in order to move up. (UTEP, TSU, UTSA, UNT - possible but not likely)

So what would make the WAC more attractive to the 4 schools you mention at the end than their current conferences? Also I'm going to assume you mean TXST and not Texas Southern.

You are right, I meant TXST. Other than a major shakeup, I don't see any of those four moving to the WAC.

UNT is currently spending (budgets, pay, facilities,...) at a level squarely in the range of the better MWC programs, and closing in on the average of AAC programs. We are not investing all this money and resources just to conference with a bunch of FCS start-ups. North Texas is committed to becoming a premier athletic department within C-USA, or moving on to something bigger. Don't even both including us in these types of fantasy projects.

You've got to be joking. North Texas was 184 of 350 D1 schools in the last Directors Cup standings which put you as the 7th best athletics department in CUSA. That also put you dozens of spots behind the worst Mountain West team, 11th in the AAC, 6th in the America East, 5th in the Southland, 9th in the WCC. You're behind Maryland Eastern Shore lol.

If NT is spending so much, they must be very poorly managed because the results aren't there. At all.

Your athletics department ranks behind MARYLAND EASTERN SHORE... Let that sink in.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021 07:21 PM by Todor.)
04-03-2021 07:19 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(04-03-2021 07:19 PM)Todor Wrote:  

You've got to be joking. North Texas was 184 of 350 D1 schools in the last Directors Cup standings which put you as the 7th best athletics department in CUSA. That also put you dozens of spots behind the worst Mountain West team, 11th in the AAC, 6th in the America East, 5th in the Southland, 9th in the WCC. You're behind Maryland Eastern Shore lol.

If NT is spending so much, they must be very poorly managed because the results aren't there. At all.

Your athletics department ranks behind MARYLAND EASTERN SHORE... Let that sink in.

Going in to the 20-21 athletic seasons, UNT ranked 4th in total C-USA championships since the current configuration formed in 2013. The director's cup isn't a good metric for measuring a department's programs. It dings departments that don't sponsor baseball, making it almost impossible for those programs to outrank programs that do sponsor baseball.

NMSU doesn't even have a conference. No one wants them. So, I guess North Texas is still ahead of them.
04-03-2021 09:39 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(04-03-2021 07:01 PM)SMUstang Wrote:  2020 football - SMU 65 vs North Texas 35 in Denton - "all that money and resources" didn't help.

I said... "North Texas is committed to becoming a premier athletic department within C-USA, or moving on to something bigger". I didn't say we were there yet. But, I'm flattered that you are concerned.

As for the score. I was at that game. SMU clearly had the better team. Unlike SMU, Littrell has yet to learn how to utilize the transfer portal. Either he figures it out this season, or the next coach will.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021 09:46 PM by Side.Show.Joe.)
04-03-2021 09:44 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

(04-03-2021 09:39 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 04:25 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  So what would make the WAC more attractive to the 4 schools you mention at the end than their current conferences? Also I'm going to assume you mean TXST and not Texas Southern.

Going in to the 20-21 athletic seasons, UNT ranked 4th in total C-USA championships since the current configuration formed in 2013. The director's cup isn't a good metric for measuring a department's programs. It dings departments that don't sponsor baseball, making it almost impossible for those programs to outrank programs that do sponsor baseball.

NMSU doesn't even have a conference. No one wants them. So, I guess North Texas is still ahead of them.

You're wrong and you don't know how the Directors Cup works, because it has nothing to do with having baseball or not. It doesn't ding anyone for not having any particular sport. And Maryland Eastern Shores 10-44 baseball team isn't the reason North Texas is 184th in the country, and behind Alabama State, Bethune Cookman and Incarnate Word.

And sadly, you're wrong about NMSU as well, so you guessed wrong there as well. We were 40 spots ahead NT. Your money is going down the drain man. It won't help if you just waste it.

I'd say whoever brought up North Texas and thinks of you being like Tarleton isn't far off. You'd be good conference mates. You could drive vans over to them instead ofnspending all of your "huge" budget flying all over the place.

Maryland Frickin Eastern Shore dude. Wow.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021 10:07 PM by Todor.)
04-03-2021 10:05 PM
Advertisement

Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(04-03-2021 10:05 PM)Todor Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 04:34 PM)SMUstang Wrote:  You are right, I meant TXST. Other than a major shakeup, I don't see any of those four moving to the WAC.

You're wrong and you don't know how the Directors Cup works, because it has nothing to do with having baseball or not. It doesn't ding anyone for not having any particular sport. And Maryland Eastern Shores 10-44 baseball team isn't the reason North Texas is 184th in the country, and behind Alabama State, Bethune Cookman and Incarnate Word.

And sadly, you're wrong about NMSU as well, so you guessed wrong there as well. We were 40 spots ahead NT. Your money is going down the drain man. It won't help if you just waste it.

I'd say whoever brought up North Texas and thinks of you being like Tarleton isn't far off. You'd be good conference mates. You could drive vans over to them instead ofnspending all of your "huge" budget flying all over the place.

Yeah, and historically North Texas has a 22-9-2 record against NMSU in football, so I don't care where the director's cup thinks we rank. The true measure of FBS level athletic departments is based on the performance of football, and basketball, with some consideration for the other sports.

But, good luck with the conference portion of your football schedule next season.
04-03-2021 11:29 PM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
North Texas doesn't sponsor baseball. That - is incredible. But even going back to their brief Big West days, they have always featured a decent women's soccer program. Had they stuck around, that sport's auto bid would have been monopolized by UNT.
04-03-2021 11:44 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

(04-03-2021 11:29 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 06:52 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  UNT is currently spending (budgets, pay, facilities,...) at a level squarely in the range of the better MWC programs, and closing in on the average of AAC programs. We are not investing all this money and resources just to conference with a bunch of FCS start-ups. North Texas is committed to becoming a premier athletic department within C-USA, or moving on to something bigger. Don't even both including us in these types of fantasy projects.

Yeah, and historically North Texas has a 22-9-2 record against NMSU in football, so I don't care where the director's cup thinks we rank. The true measure of FBS level athletic departments is based on the performance of football, and basketball, with some consideration for the other sports.

But, good luck with the conference portion of your football schedule next season.

If I were you, I wouldn't either if we were worse than Maryland Eastern Shore.

Good luck with your season too. Keep racking up those wins against Houston (Baptist lol).

Maryland Eastern Shore. Smh...
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021 12:40 AM by Todor.)
04-04-2021 12:38 AM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(04-04-2021 12:38 AM)Todor Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 11:29 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 07:19 PM)Todor Wrote:  You've got to be joking. North Texas was 184 of 350 D1 schools in the last Directors Cup standings which put you as the 7th best athletics department in CUSA. That also put you dozens of spots behind the worst Mountain West team, 11th in the AAC, 6th in the America East, 5th in the Southland, 9th in the WCC. You're behind Maryland Eastern Shore lol.

If I were you, I wouldn't either if we were worse than Maryland Eastern Shore.

Good luck with your season too. Keep racking up those wins against Houston (Baptist lol).

Maryland Eastern Shore. Smh...

New Mexico State has posted exactly one winning season since 2003, and didn't field any athletic teams in 2020. Seems like UNT is ahead of NMSU regardless of what the director's cup thinks.
04-04-2021 01:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.