Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spring Practice April 3
Bookmark and Share
Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
Spring Practice April 3
Here are my notes and thoughts on today's practice, April 3.  Bear with me as I'm doing this on my phone and really want to get back out and enjoy the warm weather.

I could only really focus on the QBs, RB and WRs mainly.
Overall: Prediction Rocky will be #1, Rodney #2 and Fletcher #3  but where were the other QBs?

Rocky shined.  Real great accuracy and decision making. 
We have 3 guys with strong arms.  Not sure I could say that in the past.

All 3 got lots of reps but near the end Rocky got the most and was by far the most productive.  He stood out very quickly in a positive way. 

12 to 3 or Rocky to Ritchie is a thing.  Get used to it.

Rat is going to make an impact on this team.

The crowd size was about 100.  I think a recruit or 3 showed up and maybe a former player or so as there were some big fans in the stands.

Whoever Juiced was, he was.  He had a great day too.  Juiced is the player who brings his own "juice" to practice and gets to wear special yellow Juiced jersey.  Either Fabian McCray or Trayvon Rudolph as I didn't see either of their jersey numbers so assuming 1 of them didn't practice.   We have 6 or WRs who can and will play.  We won't miss Robinson 1 iota.

Temp started 59 ended upper 60s and sunny s wind 20mph.  This wrecked havoc on passing and kicking.

Practice plays and notes:
12 Rocky 
4 Fletcher
0 Rodney
QBs wore red

Throws into wind made throws bend away from inside slants.  Almost impossible to connect. Wind was swirling.

Rocky threw tight spirals most of the day.  Really impressed with his accuracy and decisions. Rodney and his passes didn't always spiral tightly and the wind had more of an effect. Fletcher looks the part but needs experience and it showed in live action vs the defense. 

Short throws when facing South wind. Qbs then switch sides back and forth for drills. When facing North and winds at back start opposite 40 yrd line and QBs could throw deep and they got plenty of chances.

Qbs will all run this year.  

Rocky took first live drill with offense and defense. Smart, he doesn't throw when WRs were covered and they away once.

Rodney in. Hurry up O.
D  blitz for no gain.
Messiah Travis 1 yd pass medium right, blows past defender and outruns safety for 55 TD run.  Speed! Travis was very active in today's practice.  Several young receivers were also active today.

Rocky short pass tipped by LB.
Deep pass overthrow. S wind
Rocky to Rat 60 yd  td. Caught at 10 and pushed defender to get in endzone.  Not sure if defender was intent on tackling.

Dustin in- short pass was delayed.  Defense forced incomplete.  His timing is slightly off. Nothing practice can't fix.

Rodney incomplete deep to Toure.  
Rocky to Tyrice for 20, zone D. Those 2 have established a connection.
Rodney high throw, complete for 8.
Rocky to Tyrice outside for 10.
Dustin delayed pass but still ompletes slant for 3.
Rocky to Juiced for td 55 yards. Seam route.
Dustin almost interception on far right sideline.
Rodney in. Noone open middle throw left to wide open wr too high incomplete. Need better footwork.

11, Travis deep incomplete. 
Rodney picked off by LB in zone.

Pace of practice was fast. 

12 to Juiced in seam against zone 16 yards.
Dustin lets deep sail oob due to wind. No pass rush.
Hands catch by Tyrice 17yd.  He looks great.
9 hands catch for 2yd. I think it was Toure.
14 Jeremiah Howard drop out route.  He saw a bunch of action today. 
Waylee is still fast. 
12 to 3 get used to it.
25, Rat is good, fast and strong.
15 tucker sighting.  Slow start to practice.  Was wondering if young guys passed him up.  More on that later.
84 pass missed K. Battle.
Dustin sacked.

Rocky under center after short QB break.
Team Huddle. Flea flicker short pass to 82 Tewes but then Tewes throws defender down for huge gain. Crowd ooohs.  That would have made sportscenter.

Rodney under center takes touch sack.
12 Rocky pitch to waylee  gets edge 5yd run.
12 to 3 deep incomplete. 
21 Collins up middle 3yd.
25 Rat quick snap, breaks outside and outrun defense 60yd run td.  Big play.  This guy is going to make a difference.
Dustin intercepted throw to outside LB undercut route.  Looked open, better play by D.
3 Tyrice is fast. 
Collins up middle fist down.
39 kickoffs to 5.  Special team drills.  Don't read too much into this as it was just a drill.
Back to live offense defense drills.
12 Rocky to Juiced 10 yds.
12 Rocky shotgun qb keeper. 
12 to 82 over middle 1st down.
12 to 15 Tucker for dropped TD on the money. Used pump fake and despite wind should have been caught. Tucker doesn't drop these type of passes often.
Inside 14 slate big gain for Howard.
Offense false start.
11 Travis for first.
Button hook dropped by Juiced.
11 Travis dropped inside slant.
12 to 3 again.  
Short pass Collins breaks tackle.
12 to Tucker turns, hits hands and defender breaks up.  Might have been defense flag but no refs today. At this point Tucker wants this practice session reboot.
14 Howard inside slant broken up by D. Perfect timing.
Now 0 Rodney back in.
11 run outside.
0 to Juiced Incomplete. Open but missed by 3 yds. 
Coverage solid, qb run 0 gain.
25 yard run left by Rodney. Great vision, great run.
Seam to Tucker TD.  Ball lands in hand in endzone. 40 yd.  This was a great pass and catch.   Practice reboot is what Tucker needed.

Back to 12
Waylee for 0
14 for 5 far sideline pass.  Howard getting reps.

Ok this way the play of the day for me.
Rocky starts scrambling left with little crowd noise he screams, "Look at me, look at me!" His blocking TE is blocking a defender and another defender steps toward Rocky and as the TE 82 turns to look at Rocky, Rocky pitches 7 yards to TE. First down.   Now, I rarely hear players voices after the snap but this broken play speaks volumes to the leadership and smarts of Rocky.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
Rocky Good throw away as everyone was covered. Smart.
12 to Juiced to 5. Another big play. This connection is effective today.
Waylee 5 yd td
2pt try: Pitch to wayler failed at 1.
2nd 2pt try: Qb keeper fake failed.
3rd 2pt try: TD by Juiced 3yd far left sidelines.  Both guys are having a good day.

New series back shoulder throw from 4 Fletcher failed. Throw away but missed safety valve.
Back shoulder miss again. 
Fletcher to 47 sideline catch 1st down.  No 47 in my roster.  I kept looking but nothing. 
Fletcher 5 yd throw into turf missed Juiced.
Quick throw Sideline overthrow by 10yds.  Not good.  2 back to back bad plays by Fletcher shows perhaps that he could improve on timing and accuracy of throws.
Scramble good run.  Didn't trust open routes though.
12 back in. inside wr handoff to waylee 3yd.
12 Shifts play. Waylee to backfield.  I could hear and then watch audible. Waylee for 4.
Tyrice 1st down on 3 and 2.  Picks up 7.
WR waylee run fails.
83 over middle 8 yd. 3 and 5.
Tucker huge play inside button hook stops on dime. About to get hit by defender, spins outside for another 20.  Defender left grasping air. Tucker balling now. Great move.  This combined with his earlier TD shows that he too will be relied upon this season again.
1st and 10 on 16 Collins up middle 10yd run. 1st and 5 at 5.
Qb scamper right td. Def holding in endzone also. Ends practice.

Team does fight song to fans in the stands.
1 more Hammock Huddle then team off to sideline to sideline runs as Messiah and Rat lead group in pace.  Those 2 are great examples of guys putting in the work today.

Off and def teams split for last talks by coaches. 
Some group of 7 does military push-ups in sync.
FGs didn't happen during practice but after I left 1 kicker was alone practicing.
Live Offense drills all came from south.  Winds were a hindrence.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021 09:40 PM by Teamduh.)
04-03-2021 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigChilla Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
RE: Spring Practice April 3
Than my for that! That’s a thorough report!

Juiced has to be McCray. Everyone is impressed with him this season - going to be real hard to keep him off the field.
04-03-2021 04:02 PM
Teamduh Offline
1st String

(04-03-2021 04:02 PM)BigChilla Wrote:  Than my for that! That’s a thorough report!

Juiced has to be McCray. Everyone is impressed with him this season - going to be real hard to keep him off the field.

McCray, yes, yes and yes. Depth at WR for sure and Rudolph didn't practice. Maybe next week.
04-03-2021 09:09 PM
StevenNIU Offline
1st String

(04-03-2021 03:27 PM)Teamduh Wrote:  Here are my notes and thoughts on today's practice, April 3.  Bear with me as I'm doing this on my phone and really want to get back out and enjoy the warm weather.

I could only really focus on the QBs, RB and WRs mainly.
Overall: Prediction Rocky will be #1, Rodney #2 and Fletcher #3  but where were the other QBs?

Rocky shined.  Real great accuracy and decision making. 
We have 3 guys with strong arms.  Not sure I could say that in the past.

All 3 got lots of reps but near the end Rocky got the most and was by far the most productive.  He stood out very quickly in a positive way. 

12 to 3 or Rocky to Ritchie is a thing.  Get used to it.

Rat is going to make an impact on this team.

The crowd size was about 100.  I think a recruit or 3 showed up and maybe a former player or so as there were some big fans in the stands.

Whoever Juiced was, he was.  He had a great day too.  Juiced is the player who brings his own "juice" to practice and gets to wear special yellow Juiced jersey.  Either Fabian McCray or Trayvon Rudolph as I didn't see either of their jersey numbers so assuming 1 of them didn't practice.   We have 6 or WRs who can and will play.  We won't miss Robinson 1 iota.

Temp started 59 ended upper 60s and sunny s wind 20mph.  This wrecked havoc on passing and kicking.

Practice plays and notes:
12 Rocky 
4 Fletcher
0 Rodney
QBs wore red

Throws into wind made throws bend away from inside slants.  Almost impossible to connect. Wind was swirling.

Rocky threw tight spirals most of the day.  Really impressed with his accuracy and decisions. Rodney and his passes didn't always spiral tightly and the wind had more of an effect. Fletcher looks the part but needs experience and it showed in live action vs the defense. 

Short throws when facing South wind. Qbs then switch sides back and forth for drills. When facing North and winds at back start opposite 40 yrd line and QBs could throw deep and they got plenty of chances.

Qbs will all run this year.  

Rocky took first live drill with offense and defense. Smart, he doesn't throw when WRs were covered and they away once.

Rodney in. Hurry up O.
D  blitz for no gain.
Messiah Travis 1 yd pass medium right, blows past defender and outruns safety for 55 TD run.  Speed! Travis was very active in today's practice.  Several young receivers were also active today.

Rocky short pass tipped by LB.
Deep pass overthrow. S wind
Rocky to Rat 60 yd  td. Caught at 10 and pushed defender to get in endzone.  Not sure if defender was intent on tackling.

Dustin in- short pass was delayed.  Defense forced incomplete.  His timing is slightly off. Nothing practice can't fix.

Rodney incomplete deep to Toure.  
Rocky to Tyrice for 20, zone D. Those 2 have established a connection.
Rodney high throw, complete for 8.
Rocky to Tyrice outside for 10.
Dustin delayed pass but still ompletes slant for 3.
Rocky to Juiced for td 55 yards. Seam route.
Dustin almost interception on far right sideline.
Rodney in. Noone open middle throw left to wide open wr too high incomplete. Need better footwork.

11, Travis deep incomplete. 
Rodney picked off by LB in zone.

Pace of practice was fast. 

12 to Juiced in seam against zone 16 yards.
Dustin lets deep sail oob due to wind. No pass rush.
Hands catch by Tyrice 17yd.  He looks great.
9 hands catch for 2yd. I think it was Toure.
14 Jeremiah Howard drop out route.  He saw a bunch of action today. 
Waylee is still fast. 
12 to 3 get used to it.
25, Rat is good, fast and strong.
15 tucker sighting.  Slow start to practice.  Was wondering if young guys passed him up.  More on that later.
84 pass missed K. Battle.
Dustin sacked.

Rocky under center after short QB break.
Team Huddle. Flea flicker short pass to 82 Tewes but then Tewes throws defender down for huge gain. Crowd ooohs.  That would have made sportscenter.

Rodney under center takes touch sack.
12 Rocky pitch to waylee  gets edge 5yd run.
12 to 3 deep incomplete. 
21 Collins up middle 3yd.
25 Rat quick snap, breaks outside and outrun defense 60yd run td.  Big play.  This guy is going to make a difference.
Dustin intercepted throw to outside LB undercut route.  Looked open, better play by D.
3 Tyrice is fast. 
Collins up middle fist down.
39 kickoffs to 5.  Special team drills.  Don't read too much into this as it was just a drill.
Back to live offense defense drills.
12 Rocky to Juiced 10 yds.
12 Rocky shotgun qb keeper. 
12 to 82 over middle 1st down.
12 to 15 Tucker for dropped TD on the money. Used pump fake and despite wind should have been caught. Tucker doesn't drop these type of passes often.
Inside 14 slate big gain for Howard.
Offense false start.
11 Travis for first.
Button hook dropped by Juiced.
11 Travis dropped inside slant.
12 to 3 again.  
Short pass Collins breaks tackle.
12 to Tucker turns, hits hands and defender breaks up.  Might have been defense flag but no refs today. At this point Tucker wants this practice session reboot.
14 Howard inside slant broken up by D. Perfect timing.
Now 0 Rodney back in.
11 run outside.
0 to Juiced Incomplete. Open but missed by 3 yds. 
Coverage solid, qb run 0 gain.
25 yard run left by Rodney. Great vision, great run.
Seam to Tucker TD.  Ball lands in hand in endzone. 40 yd.  This was a great pass and catch.   Practice reboot is what Tucker needed.

Back to 12
Waylee for 0
14 for 5 far sideline pass.  Howard getting reps.

Ok this way the play of the day for me.
Rocky starts scrambling left with little crowd noise he screams, "Look at me, look at me!" His blocking TE is blocking a defender and another defender steps toward Rocky and as the TE 82 turns to look at Rocky, Rocky pitches 7 yards to TE. First down.   Now, I rarely hear players voices after the snap but this broken play speaks volumes to the leadership and smarts of Rocky.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
Rocky Good throw away as everyone was covered. Smart.
12 to Juiced to 5. Another big play. This connection is effective today.
Waylee 5 yd td
2pt try: Pitch to wayler failed at 1.
2nd 2pt try: Qb keeper fake failed.
3rd 2pt try: TD by Juiced 3yd far left sidelines.  Both guys are having a good day.

New series back shoulder throw from 4 Fletcher failed. Throw away but missed safety valve.
Back shoulder miss again. 
Fletcher to 47 sideline catch 1st down.  No 47 in my roster.  I kept looking but nothing. 
Fletcher 5 yd throw into turf missed Juiced.
Quick throw Sideline overthrow by 10yds.  Not good.  2 back to back bad plays by Fletcher shows perhaps that he could improve on timing and accuracy of throws.
Scramble good run.  Didn't trust open routes though.
12 back in. inside wr handoff to waylee 3yd.
12 Shifts play. Waylee to backfield.  I could hear and then watch audible. Waylee for 4.
Tyrice 1st down on 3 and 2.  Picks up 7.
WR waylee run fails.
83 over middle 8 yd. 3 and 5.
Tucker huge play inside button hook stops on dime. About to get hit by defender, spins outside for another 20.  Defender left grasping air. Tucker balling now. Great move.  This combined with his earlier TD shows that he too will be relied upon this season again.
1st and 10 on 16 Collins up middle 10yd run. 1st and 5 at 5.
Qb scamper right td. Def holding in endzone also. Ends practice.

Team does fight song to fans in the stands.
1 more Hammock Huddle then team off to sideline to sideline runs as Messiah and Rat lead group in pace.  Those 2 are great examples of guys putting in the work today.

Off and def teams split for last talks by coaches. 
Some group of 7 does military push-ups in sync.
FGs didn't happen during practice but after I left 1 kicker was alone practicing.
Live Offense drills all came from south.  Winds were a hindrence.

Thank you for making us feel like we were there. Very thorough.
04-04-2021 12:46 PM
Advertisement

Teamduh Offline
1st String

Spring Practice April 3
HUSKIE FIGHT SONG[Image: e8520638038764e7521a03360259a000.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
04-06-2021 05:26 PM
HawaiiToNIU Online
All American

(04-06-2021 05:26 PM)Teamduh Wrote:  HUSKIE FIGHT SONG[Image: e8520638038764e7521a03360259a000.jpg]

Thank you. That's awesome.
04-06-2021 05:30 PM
Teamduh Offline
1st String

Spring Practice April 3
Love the on field camera work.

The "Look at me! Look at me!" play found at 1:28 of the video.

https://twitter.com/NIU_Football/status/...24864?s=19

04-11-2021 10:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.