Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Matt Gaetz under investigation by DOJ?
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
https://www.businessinsider.com/justice-...old-2021-3

The New York Times reported today they're investigating whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old, and violated sexual trafficking laws.

Gaetz confirmed the existence of the investigation to Axios, adding, "The allegations against me are as searing as they are false. I believe that there are people at the Department of Justice who are trying to criminalize my sexual conduct, you know, when I was a single guy."

According to The Times, the department launched its investigation into Gaetz near the end of President Donald Trump's term, when Bill Barr was still attorney general. Senior Justice Department officials, including some Trump appointees, were briefed on the investigation given its high profile nature, the report said.

Gaetz's encounters with the 17-year-old girl reportedly took place in 2019, and investigators are said to be zeroing in on whether the Florida congressman paid for her to cross state lines, which would breach federal sex trafficking laws.

Gaetz told The Times the Justice Department had told his lawyers he was the subject — not the target — of the investigation related to Greenberg. A subject is someone whose conduct falls within the scope of an investigation, while a target is someone who investigators may believe they have enough evidence against to charge with a crime.

In a related (?) story earlier in the day, Gaetz said he might retire from Congress to take a job with News Max.
03-30-2021 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: Matt Gaetz under investigation by DOJ?
Here is what he has posted on twitter and telegram:

Quote:Over the past several weeks my family and I have been victims of an organized criminal extortion involving a former DOJ official seeking $25 million while threatening to smear my name. We have been cooperating with federal authorities in this matter...

...and my father has even been wearing a wire at the FBI’s direction to catch these criminals. The planted leak to the FBI tonight was intended to thwart that investigation. No part of the allegations against me are true, and the people pushing these lies are targets...

...of the ongoing extortion investigation. I demand the DOJ immediately release the tapes, made at their direction, which implicate their former colleague in crimes against me based on false allegations.
03-30-2021 07:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(03-30-2021 07:13 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Here is what he has posted on twitter and telegram:

Quote:Over the past several weeks my family and I have been victims of an organized criminal extortion involving a former DOJ official seeking $25 million while threatening to smear my name. We have been cooperating with federal authorities in this matter...

...and my father has even been wearing a wire at the FBI’s direction to catch these criminals. The planted leak to the FBI tonight was intended to thwart that investigation. No part of the allegations against me are true, and the people pushing these lies are targets...

...of the ongoing extortion investigation. I demand the DOJ immediately release the tapes, made at their direction, which implicate their former colleague in crimes against me based on false allegations.

Same old tricks from the Prog Filth.

Truly despicable useless people.
03-30-2021 07:15 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
I guess that means the IRS will be back to being weaponized again.
03-30-2021 07:23 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Even douchebags deserve their chance to defend themselves.
03-30-2021 07:26 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(03-30-2021 07:26 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Even douchebags deserve their chance to defend themselves.
Troll ass mfer....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
03-30-2021 07:53 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Guess thats why he's going to retire.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
03-30-2021 08:19 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(03-30-2021 07:26 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Even douchebags deserve their chance to defend themselves.

I don't think you should be allowed to defend yourself.
03-30-2021 08:38 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(03-30-2021 08:38 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

I don't think you should be allowed to defend yourself.

He has no defense.
03-30-2021 10:05 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
Ah, so conspiracy nut jobs may have been on to something all along: Pizza Gaetz.
03-30-2021 10:38 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
03-31-2021 02:00 AM
Advertisement

HappyAppy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: App
(03-31-2021 02:00 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  Former Federal Prosecutor David L. McGee, Accused by Rep. Gaetz of Extortion, Represented Robert Levinson In Kidnapping Case with Iran

That’s a very strange headline. Not exactly sure what it has to do with this story in the least, but good for him for suing Iran I guess?

Gaetz should probably stop giving interviews for awhile lol. That Tucker interview was pure batshit crazy. Even Tucker seemed to be tiptoeing away from Gaetz after it was over. Not a good sign.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021 04:29 AM by HappyAppy.)
03-31-2021 04:17 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(03-30-2021 07:23 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I guess that means the IRS will be back to being weaponized again.

What's this have to do with the IRS?
03-31-2021 06:11 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

And just to clarify, this alleged extortion plot by Gaetz has nothing much at all to do with the initial investigation of the charges involving the girl.

If someone in the DOJ or otherwise used information from an investigation to try to extort him, that's a separate matter and that person or persons needs to be thrown in jail. Additionally, any such scheme happened after the investigation began and more than not, proves that he actually did something really egregious.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021 06:17 AM by Redwingtom.)
03-31-2021 06:16 AM
HappyAppy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: App
(03-31-2021 06:16 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  And just to clarify, this alleged extortion plot by Gaetz has nothing much at all to do with the initial investigation of the charges involving the girl.

If someone in the DOJ or otherwise used information from an investigation to try to extort him, that's a separate matter and that person or persons needs to be thrown in jail. Additionally, any such scheme happened after the investigation began and more than not, proves that he actually did something really egregious.

Exactly. He’s trying to conflate two totally separate issues. Maybe he is being extorted by somebody. That does nothing to disprove these allegations that were being investigated by the Trump/Barr DOJ.

When he actually did address the allegations, came across pretty weak too. Accused of traveling across state lines with a 17 year old to have sex with her, and his defense was basically “I didn’t travel with any 17 year old!”. Kind of burying the lead there lol.
03-31-2021 06:31 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
No.

He denies any and all of the accusations.

Is he lying? Dunno. But he’s saying none of it ever happened and some guy is trying to exhort him on *ahem* trumped up charges.

Who would that surprise?

If he’s an R? Guilty as alleged. If he’s an idiot son of Mario or Sloe*? It’ll all magically just disappear.

Y’all starting to figure this out yet?

Suckers
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021 06:37 AM by JMUDunk.)
03-31-2021 06:35 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Hopefully he was smart enough to pay in cash

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
03-31-2021 06:44 AM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
No, hopefully he didn’t do it and these allegations are untrue. If he did do it then hopefully he goes to prison.

Here’s one thing I can tell you. A lot of the things he is saying and which are being reported are verifiable. For example, the FBI will immediately know if his father was wearing a wire for them. They will also know if he was being extorted via text messages? The press will soon know all of that too. They will also know if he booked a plane ticket and/or a hotel room for anyone and the age of that person/those people.

I have no idea if this is true or not? However, there were some very specific allegations being leveled both ways and those are either going to be verified or proven false in fairly short order.

I think the key will be to watch how Fox News covers the story over the next 48-72 hours. I’m sure they are plugged into all of the main sources and if they really go to the wall for him here, that’s a good sign for him. It likely means that they have information that this is all baloney. Conversely, if they begin to walk away from him or turn on him, that’s obviously a really bad sign for Gaetz.

Finally, they could find out that there is veracity to these allegations but defend him anyway. If they do that this will be very messy because his innocence a d victimhood will become canon to Fox News’ many followers while everyone else will be screaming from the rooftops about the absurd hypocrisy of it all.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021 07:05 AM by Dr. Isaly von Yinzer.)
03-31-2021 06:55 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
And the threat of 25MM needed to bury the allegations? Hence the wire?

All very odd.

Time for the mandatory 24-72 hour quarantine.
03-31-2021 06:59 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(03-31-2021 06:59 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  And the threat of 25MM needed to bury the allegations? Hence the wire?

All very odd.

Time for the mandatory 24-72 hour quarantine.

This is so stupid.

A story was reported...so we discuss it here.

I don't see anybody saying the guys' guilty of anything.

07-coffee3
03-31-2021 07:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.