UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Benjamin, Nicholson, Rotegard, Jeffries, and Kirkland all enter the transfer portal
bftb Online
Go Blazers!

I Root For: UAB
RE: Benjamin, Nicholson, Rotegard, Jeffries, and Kirkland all enter the transfer portal
(05-31-2021 10:01 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  @Andrew_Slater
PG Jordan Walker @jellyfam_j , who averaged 13 points, 4.7 assists & 1.7 steals for Tulane, will visit #UAB on Thursday, per loyal friend.
@_proinsight
@UAB_MBB #WinAsOne ?

DePaul and St. Joe’s involved

06-01-2021 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DuelingDragon Online
All American

RE: Benjamin, Nicholson, Rotegard, Jeffries, and Kirkland all enter the transfer portal
Really good guard. Originally signed with Seton Hall, I think. Strong body, nice handles and gets his teammates involved. Not super quick but quick enough. Knows how to use his body to get separation. Nifty use of both hands. Good range. Can create his own shot off the dribble or out of a catch-and-shoot. He'd be an excellent pickup.
06-01-2021 10:49 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
Seems like he'd be a really great pick up. We will have a logjam at the guard positions the next couple of years, even if he doesn't end up signing with us.
06-01-2021 11:14 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Any update on how walkers visit went??

BUMP
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021 02:40 PM by The Answer UAB.)
06-03-2021 05:02 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

bump
06-09-2021 02:41 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-01-2021 11:14 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Seems like he'd be a really great pick up. We will have a logjam at the guard positions the next couple of years, even if he doesn't end up signing with us.

We lose 3 guards(Ertel, Jackson, & Brown) that, hopefully, are very productive this coming season.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021 05:09 PM by WesternBlazer.)
06-09-2021 05:08 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

How many roster spots do we have left after signing walker?
06-12-2021 09:26 AM
bftb Online
Go Blazers!

(06-12-2021 09:26 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  How many roster spots do we have left after signing walker?

My guess would be two. We have 14 total players on our roster, with Coleman being one of those as a walk-on. That would be 13 scholarships, but two of those are returning seniors/grads (Ertel and Jackson), whose scholarships should not count against the limit.
06-12-2021 10:20 AM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

Jon Rothstein
LSU transfer Joshua LeBlanc tells me that he's receiving interest from the following programs:

Ole Miss
Colorado
VCU
Rhode Island
UAB
Louisiana
Louisiana Tech
Texas Southern
UTEP
East Carolina

I was saying the other day that I hoped we’d show some interest. We could use some depth at the 3 or 4. LeBlanc is a slashing forward, can probably play as stretch forward as well. There’s no depth at the 3 behind Lovan.

I’m not 100% on him being from Madison prep, I think Ehsan recruited him a little bit but we ended up only being able to take Jahein Spencer from Madison prep.

No, I don’t think we have space on the roster at the moment, but I think we’d trade a guard for him. If you see somebody hop into the portal, you know what we are up to.

Don’t know if Kennedy recruited him at Ole Miss, but I assume Cross having previously coached at ULM should be familiar.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021 05:16 PM by BlazinBham.)
06-27-2021 05:10 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Deadline to sign to a new team and be eligible for this upcoming season is July 1st, this Thursday. Also, grad transfers don't count toward 13 man roster this upcoming season. So, since we have a number on the roster, he could still come w/o losing anyone.
06-27-2021 05:18 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

I keep having to be reminded.
03-banghead 03-lmfao

Didn’t know that about a deadline.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021 05:25 PM by BlazinBham.)
06-27-2021 05:22 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-27-2021 05:18 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  Deadline to sign to a new team and be eligible for this upcoming season is July 1st, this Thursday. Also, grad transfers don't count toward 13 man roster this upcoming season. So, since we have a number on the roster, he could still come w/o losing anyone.

The first part may be wrong:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...igibility/
Athletes in fall/winter sports like, football and basketball, would face a May 1 deadline to enter the transfer portal. Spring athletes would have a July 1 deadline in order to gain immediate eligibility. However, the council voted to allow a blanket waiver for this year only that sets the date for all athletes as July 1.
06-27-2021 05:23 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm sure LeBlanc would be a good contributor on the team, but I'd like to know the circumstances behind his big drop in minutes and games played in his career. He has 3 years of high major experience and scored ~9 PPG as a freshman, so I'm sure he could be a solid contributor for us at a position where we need depth..
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021 09:33 AM by The Answer UAB.)
06-28-2021 09:33 AM
DuelingDragon Online
All American

(06-28-2021 09:33 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  I'm sure LeBlanc would be a good contributor on the team, but I'd like to know the circumstances behind his big drop in minutes and games played in his career. He has 3 years of high major experience and scored ~9 PPG as a freshman, so I'm sure he could be a solid contributor for us at a position where we need depth..

The drop in minutes at LSU is attributable to LSU recruiting at a high level. He's a role player on that roster. He'd probably be more than that in C-USA.
06-28-2021 11:10 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

He went from playing like 24 minutes at GT to ~16 at LSU and ~9ppg as a freshman to ~3 ppg as a junior. I don't think there's that much of a drop off in competition from GT to LSU to explain the drastic drop in minutes and production. Yes, of course he'd be more than a role player in CUSA, but the marked drop off in production and minutes with each season are a reason for concern..
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021 12:31 PM by The Answer UAB.)
06-28-2021 12:31 PM
DuelingDragon Online
All American

(06-28-2021 12:31 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  He went from playing like 24 minutes at GT to ~16 at LSU and ~9ppg as a freshman to ~3 ppg as a junior. I don't think there's that much of a drop off in competition from GT to LSU to explain the drastic drop in minutes and production. Yes, of course he'd be more than a role player in CUSA, but the marked drop off in production and minutes with each season are a reason for concern..

on the roster at his position, yes, it was a difference from Georgetown to LSU. LSU had top 5 recruiting classes, back to back. And they platooned that roster.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021 12:43 PM by DuelingDragon.)
06-28-2021 12:37 PM
jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Kramer signed with St Louis
06-28-2021 01:01 PM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
(06-28-2021 01:01 PM)jaymay2525 Wrote:  Kramer signed with St Louis

Commits to...a whole lot different than signed
06-28-2021 01:04 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-28-2021 12:37 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  
(06-28-2021 12:31 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  He went from playing like 24 minutes at GT to ~16 at LSU and ~9ppg as a freshman to ~3 ppg as a junior. I don't think there's that much of a drop off in competition from GT to LSU to explain the drastic drop in minutes and production. Yes, of course he'd be more than a role player in CUSA, but the marked drop off in production and minutes with each season are a reason for concern..

on the roster at his position, yes, it was a difference from Georgetown to LSU. LSU had top 5 recruiting classes, back to back. And they platooned that roster.

At this point he probably should be more interested in playing time and exposure than anything else...
06-28-2021 01:07 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Are we interested in Jaykwon Walton, the Ga transfer who's at a JUCO for this coming year?
06-28-2021 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.