ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
How about this???
jaybird44 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion,va
How about this???
I have always tried to think of a good conference alternative for odu. To me,conference USA does not work. Too far,too many teams. I think and try to come up with ideas. I think this might be the answer. I have always heard NCAA will not allow new conferences without giving up automatic bid. I have heard that cusa/sun belt split would not work because of Louisiana tech not wanting to play Louisiana and Louisiana monroe. I have heard about exit fees. Anyway, here's my idea. Give colonial football back to a10. Most prestigious conference in FCS. Have basketball schools in colonial merge into more central conferences such as maac,america east,patriot, and/or big south or southern and that frees up my idea about 3 9 team conferences. 8 games in football.16 in basketball home and home. Closer geography. Better rivalries.
COLONIAL
Marshall
James Madison
Liberty
Old Dominion
Appalachian State
Charlotte
Coastal Carolina
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
SUN BELT
Western Kentucky
Middle Tennessee
UAB
Troy
South Alabama
Southern Miss
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Louisiana Tech
CONFERENCE USA
Arkansas State
Louisiana
Louisiana Monroe
Rice
UTSA
North Texas
Texas State
UTEP
New Mexico State
There you have it. Can't get any better. Less money to share. Waive fees. Room to grow. What do you think, my ODU brothers and sisters
03-12-2021 07:36 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

ODU True Blue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: How about this???
Awful.

When will people realize the pukes are NEVER going to go FBS. Takes money and they will not be able to add enough women's sports and scholarships. To match the 22 full men's scholies they will need to add 38 women's scholies. Their female student population is ~57%.

I just looked another item up. As of this past summer JMU is still trying to become fully compliant to Title IX. They can't make it right now as an FCS team. THEY WILL NOT MAKE IT AS FBS.

Never. Going. To. Happen.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2021 08:44 AM by ODU True Blue.)
03-12-2021 08:41 AM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

I Root For: ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
RE: How about this???
I couldn't get the merge function to work this morning to facilitate moving these posts to the other alignment thread, so I have just closed this one.
03-12-2021 09:17 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.