Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Class of 2023
Bookmark and Share
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
RE: Football Class of 2023
(01-29-2023 09:33 PM)eroc Wrote:  

JUCO OL (apparently a tackle based upon the tweet but 247 ranks him an interior guy and in their composite top 100 overall JUCOs) who decommitted from Memphis earlier today.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023 11:20 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
01-29-2023 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scvanguard1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincy, Oklahoma
Kicker Max Lemasters from Elder commits to the Bearcats.

https://www.si.com/college/cincinnati/tag/max-lemasters

02-03-2023 10:15 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-03-2023 10:15 AM)scvanguard1 Wrote:  Kicker Max Lemasters from Elder commits to the Bearcats.

https://www.si.com/college/cincinnati/tag/max-lemasters

I was a bit surprised at how under-recruited Max was. He has a tremendous leg on FG, even if his op times are bit on the high end, his major issue is his compact frame and how much torque he has to generate in his core to get the distance he does. That'll potentially lead to some fatigue or injury in his core muscles (specifically quads and groin) and there isn't much to do to change that. All in all, he is a very strong add as a prospect, but likely wont get a shot for a few years with Carter in there now.

02-03-2023 12:21 PM
eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
Another PWO?

02-12-2023 08:11 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
Nice height. Walk on?

06-12-2023 04:25 PM
namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:
(06-12-2023 04:25 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  Nice height. Walk on?

Tippecanoe and Tyler too!
That’s my neck of the woods.

06-12-2023 09:48 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
on the tale end of our wisky roadie come this time last summer, the girls and i camped at prophetstown state park. we hit up von's in west lafayette for books, stickers (they had this kurt vonnegut doll i almost bought) and some microbrew joint advertised off the interstate prior. helluva state park to get to. bridge was out for starters, looping around the interstate come across some road which led me to believe that's the direction of the park. no brown signs saying state park this way other than the one on the interstate. a modern convenience for me in terms of navigation is an open gas station; my children don't mind aimless driving. the side street was called prophet something or other- maybe something a bit more esoteric as tenskatawa. and that took me to the campground. full sun. there might have been a small tree. good thing we got there late!

we toured the battlefield the next day. as we traipsed over graves i pictured campfires kept alive as these men now below might slay one another. lots of foilage, about a football field size. maybe that road wasn't nearby; battlefield mightuv been larger. when i felt we'd had enough well we'd leave. some bluegrass hootenanny was in the throes of commencing. folks began spilling out of their camper homes. i mentioned to the girls that this was an option had we known about it. we went into the museum visitor center whereupon i emptied my purse to the docent. i had exactly the seven dollars expected of me to tour the facilities. the ladies and i took in william henry's heroics (wildcats represent) and i pictured tenskatawa bravely hiding in his tent. cowering behind all that mischief

upon being set loose into the gift shop the docent asked if i was in town for the hootenanny and just told him that it'd bugged me i'd yet to be here. oh an enthusiast? well he was just medieval man who'd never even read the frontiersman. he said he hadn't gotten around to it and i took him at his word. he exhausted his knowledge and sought more from me. i had only read the frontiersman. i looked at a shirt with tecumseh's visage taking up the whole thing. i once had a shirt of abe lincoln holding up two revolvers. gave that to someone in a bar. said his bro was a huge lincoln fan. i didn't buy the shirt. i like the light airy shirts. american apparel ruined me

from there we descended upon battle ground, indiana to deposit postcards and the town looked worthy to walk. some hot ass chick was taking pictures of the buildings. there weren't really "shops" but there were storefronts and i don't know why the blessed place ain't moderately hopping. i do believe in proximity to both lafeyettes there could be enough population pull if anyone gave a damn about the shawnee i suppose. the shawnee, once heard tell that they were the greatest travelers the world has ever known. people in ohio don't know tecumseh. i really didn't; and now i think we all should. i think i mailed my von's sticker with the postcards because i tore the car apart when we got home. all in all, william henry was something of a badass. wildcats represent

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2023 01:29 PM by Lush.)
06-14-2023 01:23 PM
CincyBro Online
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
(06-14-2023 01:23 PM)Lush Wrote:  on the tale end of our wisky roadie come this time last summer, the girls and i camped at prophetstown state park. we hit up von's in west lafayette for books, stickers (they had this kurt vonnegut doll i almost bought) and some microbrew joint advertised off the interstate prior. helluva state park to get to. bridge was out for starters, looping around the interstate come across some road which led me to believe that's the direction of the park. no brown signs saying state park this way other than the one on the interstate. a modern convenience for me in terms of navigation is an open gas station; my children don't mind aimless driving. the side street was called prophet something or other- maybe something a bit more esoteric as tenskatawa. and that took me to the campground. full sun. there might have been a small tree. good thing we got there late!

we toured the battlefield the next day. as we traipsed over graves i pictured campfires kept alive as these men now below might slay one another. lots of foilage, about a football field size. maybe that road wasn't nearby; battlefield mightuv been larger. when i felt we'd had enough well we'd leave. some bluegrass hootenanny was in the throes of commencing. folks began spilling out of their camper homes. i mentioned to the girls that this was an option had we known about it. we went into the museum visitor center whereupon i emptied my purse to the docent. i had exactly the seven dollars expected of me to tour the facilities. the ladies and i took in william henry's heroics (wildcats represent) and i pictured tenskatawa bravely hiding in his tent. cowering behind all that mischief

upon being set loose into the gift shop the docent asked if i was in town for the hootenanny and just told him that it'd bugged me i'd yet to be here. oh an enthusiast? well he was just medieval man who'd never even read the frontiersman. he said he hadn't gotten around to it and i took him at his word. he exhausted his knowledge and sought more from me. i had only read the frontiersman. i looked at a shirt with tecumseh's visage taking up the whole thing. i once had a shirt of abe lincoln holding up two revolvers. gave that to someone in a bar. said his bro was a huge lincoln fan. i didn't buy the shirt. i like the light airy shirts. american apparel ruined me

from there we descended upon battle ground, indiana to deposit postcards and the town looked worthy to walk. some hot ass chick was taking pictures of the buildings. there weren't really "shops" but there were storefronts and i don't know why the blessed place ain't moderately hopping. i do believe in proximity to both lafeyettes there could be enough population pull if anyone gave a damn about the shawnee i suppose. the shawnee, once heard tell that they were the greatest travelers the world has ever known. people in ohio don't know tecumseh. i really didn't; and now i think we all should. i think i mailed my von's sticker with the postcards because i tore the car apart when we got home. all in all, william henry was something of a badass. wildcats represent

WHHHS represents......04-cheers

06-15-2023 10:48 AM
namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:
(06-14-2023 01:23 PM)Lush Wrote:  on the tale end of our wisky roadie come this time last summer, the girls and i camped at prophetstown state park. we hit up von's in west lafayette for books, stickers (they had this kurt vonnegut doll i almost bought) and some microbrew joint advertised off the interstate prior. helluva state park to get to. bridge was out for starters, looping around the interstate come across some road which led me to believe that's the direction of the park. no brown signs saying state park this way other than the one on the interstate. a modern convenience for me in terms of navigation is an open gas station; my children don't mind aimless driving. the side street was called prophet something or other- maybe something a bit more esoteric as tenskatawa. and that took me to the campground. full sun. there might have been a small tree. good thing we got there late!

Did you visit Prophet's Rock?
He didn't cower in his tent, he perched on Prophet's Rock (well back from the battlefield) and chanted while telling his men that the bullets wouldn't kill them.

In high school we had an Ohio History class, and one entire term centered around reading The Frontiersman. Eckert took a lot of liberties for dramatic effect.
My parents farm, outside of Covington, Ohio, is no more than 5 or so miles away from Piqua and the site in Piqua along the Great Miami River where Tecumseh and his followers lived for close to two years, as a sign of protest against the Greenville Treaty, before moving to the Lafayette area and founding Prophetstown.
That Piqua location is the last site in Ohio where a Native American population lived and harvested a season of crops.

When I attended UC I spent a great deal of time at Langsam library, and from time to time they would have carts of old books to take for free. I found 4-5 old books (late 1800's to early 1900's range) about Tecumseh and his brother Tenskwatawa (his original name was Lalawethika - The Noise Maker).
People in my area know of Tecumseh. Probably because he was born here (outskirts of Xenia, Ohio) and a lot of things in the area have Tecumseh / Shawnee names.

In regards to the Shawnee being travelers, it is commonly accepted that the Suwanee River in southern Georgia/northern Florida (I-75 crosses it) is named after the Shawnee as they lived in that region up until the Seminoles forced them out, which began their migration to the Kentucky/Ohio region in the late 1600's/early 1700's.

Great history. I love it.

06-16-2023 12:40 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(06-16-2023 12:40 PM)namrag Wrote:  

He didn't cower in his tent, he perched on Prophet's Rock (well back from the battlefield) and chanted while telling his men that the bullets wouldn't kill them.

In high school we had an Ohio History class, and one entire term centered around reading The Frontiersman. Eckert took a lot of liberties for dramatic effect.
My parents farm, outside of Covington, Ohio, is no more than 5 or so miles away from Piqua and the site in Piqua along the Great Miami River where Tecumseh and his followers lived for close to two years, as a sign of protest against the Greenville Treaty, before moving to the Lafayette area and founding Prophetstown.
That Piqua location is the last site in Ohio where a Native American population lived and harvested a season of crops.

When I attended UC I spent a great deal of time at Langsam library, and from time to time they would have carts of old books to take for free. I found 4-5 old books (late 1800's to early 1900's range) about Tecumseh and his brother Tenskwatawa (his original name was Lalawethika - The Noise Maker).
People in my area know of Tecumseh. Probably because he was born here (outskirts of Xenia, Ohio) and a lot of things in the area have Tecumseh / Shawnee names.

In regards to the Shawnee being travelers, it is commonly accepted that the Suwanee River in southern Georgia/northern Florida (I-75 crosses it) is named after the Shawnee as they lived in that region up until the Seminoles forced them out, which began their migration to the Kentucky/Ohio region in the late 1600's/early 1700's.

my favorite eckert spin was george rogers clark shot and killed his nephew mistaking him for a heathen instead of a long held captive. he fell out of a tree for chrissakes in jubilation. or that time blue jacket slew his long forgotten brother in the heat of battle. or that time tecumseh courted a nubile white girl. giving her gifts of canoe, marriage etcetera. placing the family in quite a quandary; placing the young girl in quite a predicament. would her refusal mean war? could she possibly say no to the leader of the confederation? great stuff

my wife's due in a week. getting us a boy. naming him simon after simon kenton. nobody liked the name earl. i've read a good deal more since that trip and began to pick apart the frontiersman. got me a blue jacket (why the hell isn't cowtown's nhl team named after blue jacket?) biography which will settle for once and all if he weren't a white man.

had not sat on the prophet's rock. it's possible i saw a sign if there was one, i'll be heading back up to wisconsin next month maybe the prophet didn't cower in his tent, but man, what an idiot. had some serious psychological issues chasing his brother's success. tecumseh shoulda seen that one coming i think

oh yeah, folks in your parts know all about that sh!t. as you know, my wife's from the greater minster area. there's a piquan married into. father in law still hasn't taken me to see some sights mostly because we just haven't done it. there mad anthoney sh!t out there i presume. we got us a mad anthoney memorial in my neighborhood (northside) memorializing his brief encampment. on mad anthoney st coincidentally. tnx for responding

06-19-2023 03:48 PM
ZCat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
(06-19-2023 03:48 PM)Lush Wrote:  
(06-16-2023 12:40 PM)namrag Wrote:  

my favorite eckert spin was george rogers clark shot and killed his nephew mistaking him for a heathen instead of a long held captive. he fell out of a tree for chrissakes in jubilation. or that time blue jacket slew his long forgotten brother in the heat of battle. or that time tecumseh courted a nubile white girl. giving her gifts of canoe, marriage etcetera. placing the family in quite a quandary; placing the young girl in quite a predicament. would her refusal mean war? could she possibly say no to the leader of the confederation? great stuff

my wife's due in a week. getting us a boy. naming him simon after simon kenton. nobody liked the name earl. i've read a good deal more since that trip and began to pick apart the frontiersman. got me a blue jacket (why the hell isn't cowtown's nhl team named after blue jacket?) biography which will settle for once and all if he weren't a white man.

had not sat on the prophet's rock. it's possible i saw a sign if there was one, i'll be heading back up to wisconsin next month maybe the prophet didn't cower in his tent, but man, what an idiot. had some serious psychological issues chasing his brother's success. tecumseh shoulda seen that one coming i think

oh yeah, folks in your parts know all about that sh!t. as you know, my wife's from the greater minster area. there's a piquan married into. father in law still hasn't taken me to see some sights mostly because we just haven't done it. there mad anthoney sh!t out there i presume. we got us a mad anthoney memorial in my neighborhood (northside) memorializing his brief encampment. on mad anthoney st coincidentally. tnx for responding
Congrats on baby!

06-19-2023 09:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.