Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It is Burno
Bookmark and Share
OldTtimeNIU Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
RE: It is Burno
(03-08-2021 01:51 PM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 01:15 PM)Fade2black Wrote:  Coach Burno on the SCORE with Lawrence Holmes today. High raise for Burno from Bernstein and Holmes.

Nice to have that DePaul connection with Holmes. Both Holmes and Bernstein were very quick to say that this (NIU) will be a short stop and is a stepping stone job for Burno. I'm pretty sure that Holmes will be able to get some good feedback from Burno as they have a previous relationship.

Most mid major coaches are either fired, move up or return to a mid major team
Always has been and always will be that way..
03-09-2021 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NorthCoast Away
Your DEFINITIVE MAC source

I Root For: NIU/Equity/Beer
03-09-2021 07:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NorthCoast Away

03-10-2021 11:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NorthCoast Away

03-10-2021 11:45 AM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I hope Burno is taking good notes from what Loyola has created. If he can bring half the respectability to NIU he will be considered a legend.04-rock
03-21-2021 03:37 PM
NorthCoast Away

Quote:HUSKIE NATION, MEET COACH BURNO

Huskie Men’s Basketball Season Ticket Members and Supporters Invited to Participate via Zoom on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 6pm CT

Fans MUST register in advance at niuhuskies.com for the Zoom show!

https://twitter.com/NIUAthletics/status/...5758020609
03-22-2021 01:12 PM
HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
Minnesota hiring Ben Johnson as HC. I believe he was our other finalist, correct?

He played at Minnesota, but, this seems like quite a jump.

Probably glad he didn’t get our job now.

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/...49800?s=20

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/...78947?s=21
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2021 03:22 PM by HuskieDave.)
03-22-2021 03:08 PM
dogdangit Offline
2nd String

Burno's contract is linked below, 5 year contract with a pay @ 350k/yr.

https://www.niu.edu/president/_pdf/contr...-Burno.pdf
03-22-2021 10:42 PM
HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(03-22-2021 10:42 PM)dogdangit Wrote:  Burno's contract is linked below, 5 year contract with a pay @ 350k/yr.

Great information. Wow, only $292K to hire three assistant coaches and a Director of Operations. No wonder we can’t find better coaches. If the lead assistant gets $100K, that leaves less than an average of $65K for the other three positions.
03-23-2021 09:38 AM
thetachihuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-23-2021 09:38 AM)HuskieDave Wrote:  
(03-22-2021 10:42 PM)dogdangit Wrote:  Burno's contract is linked below, 5 year contract with a pay @ 350k/yr.

Great information. Wow, only $292K to hire three assistant coaches and a Director of Operations. No wonder we can’t find better coaches. If the lead assistant gets $100K, that leaves less than an average of $65K for the other three positions.

The good news is the coach can allocate the amounts of money and the number of coaches.
03-23-2021 12:57 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(03-23-2021 09:38 AM)HuskieDave Wrote:  

And this is for men's BB. I can just imagine what the payroll must be for the women's BB asst. coaches. My guess is that they are not paid a livable wage. Kudos for all of the men's and women's asst. coaches to do what they do for peanuts. What a shame.
03-23-2021 02:08 PM
huskies77 Offline
Bench Warmer

“ The good news is the coach can allocate the amounts of money and the number of coaches.”

That is hardly good news. The head coach salary at Northern is the lowest in the Mac. The pool of most MAC schools for assistant coaches/staff typically exceeds $400,000 plus. All division one schools have a head coach, and associate head coach, two other assistant coaches, and A Director of basketball operations as well as a video person. This season northern started without a video guy so the Director of basketball operations did the video job and the operations job. When One assistant left early in the season they did make the basketball ops Guy an assistant coach and that person continued to do much of the video work. When Monty was fired and they made an assistant the interim head coach they were left with two assistants and no Basketball ops guy. Basically just left three people to do the six jobs necessary to run a basketball program.

If they pay the new associate head coach $100,000 it will be by far the lowest in the Mac for that position. Even then it only leaves 190,000 to be divided up amongst the two other assistant coaches, and the best of operations position with little leftover for a full-time video guy that most programs have. In fact more and more division one basketball programs have a relatively new position often called “the special assistant to the head coach”. That is usually an experienced, former head coach, who gives advice to the head coach but cannot coach on the floor During practice or supposedly during games.

Having an entire season being significantly understaffed has really hurt building the relationships and the development a database the ability to continue to contact recruits which will make Coach Burno‘s job so much harder.
03-23-2021 07:54 PM
Huskie D Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Niu
(03-06-2021 08:58 PM)Huskie D Wrote:  Athletics needs to get behind this new coach in order to enhance the game day experience. It would be awesome to have our own "Curtain of Distraction" but if there are no students, it's kind of pointless.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...istraction

I've got the Oregon State/Arizona State game on right now....I was hoping for the "Curtain of Distraction" to makes its way to DeKalb. Oh well.....
02-19-2022 09:35 PM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(02-19-2022 09:35 PM)Huskie D Wrote:  
(03-06-2021 08:58 PM)Huskie D Wrote:  Athletics needs to get behind this new coach in order to enhance the game day experience. It would be awesome to have our own "Curtain of Distraction" but if there are no students, it's kind of pointless.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...istraction

I've got the Oregon State/Arizona State game on right now....I was hoping for the "Curtain of Distraction" to makes its way to DeKalb. Oh well.....

From some of the discussions we had about student sections in NIU basketball lore, it seems that NIU Athletics always want to get involved and water them down into their own image.
Students sections can be a fan attraction to games. I wish NIU would realize that.
02-20-2022 07:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.