Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Sports news- In case anyone cares, Tiger Woods rolls his car, medivacked
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: OT: Sports news- In case anyone cares, Tiger Woods rolls his car, medivacked
(02-23-2021 05:34 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  He was giving celebrity lessons as part of the Genesis Tourney. Folks like Dwayne Wade, other sports figures, I guess a promo event for Genesis pub. Speculation he was running late.

Late? Nope, "CPT", or have you not read that thread?

edit: on second thought it seems like he cared about keeping people waiting.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021 10:34 PM by WKUYG.)
02-23-2021 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
RE: OT: Sports news- In case anyone cares, Tiger Woods rolls his car, medivacked
I wonder if his ex Elin needs to be consoled about this and if so, anyone know how to reach her? Asking for a friend.
02-23-2021 10:38 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-23-2021 10:38 PM)No2rdame Wrote:  I wonder if his ex Elin needs to be consoled about this and if so, anyone know how to reach her? Asking for a friend.

I'm betting she had 'that 9-iron' "bronzed".... 03-wink

what a sad progression for a man that had 'the world from the tips'...

apparently, it's his right leg put back together with pins and screws....his golfing days are over....anyone that's ever played the game at a high level, understands power off the tee is created via torque + tension on the inner right thigh....it’s why most flip the club back and cross the plane of attack...

yeah, I know 'some' thingys...I miss that game....
02-24-2021 08:52 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Reading this morning, the speed that people who live in the area called for help, makes me think this type of accident is somewhat common in that area.
02-24-2021 09:17 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(02-23-2021 06:14 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  ...but probably driving way too fast on some roads where you really need to pay attention to the speed limit.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021 01:18 PM by BobcatEngineer.)
04-07-2021 01:16 PM
stinkfist Offline

I cant look it up now, but I can tell ya this....

he did an interview not long before the accident.....

STINK KNOWS EYEBALLS

I'm in the field.....
04-07-2021 01:28 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Looks like he picked the wrong rig to end it all. No way that wasn't on purpose. Never hit the brakes. Same thing happened to a couple that owned a pharmacy down here in which the dude's partners got sentenced last week. Haulin ass on a curved road and straight into a tree in a Porche convertible.
04-07-2021 02:03 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(04-07-2021 02:03 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Looks like he picked the wrong rig to end it all. No way that wasn't on purpose. Never hit the brakes. Same thing happened to a couple that owned a pharmacy down here in which the dude's partners got sentenced last week. Haulin ass on a curved road and straight into a tree in a Porche convertible.

Could be. Could have also passed out at the wheel. Either way it isn't any of our business.
04-07-2021 02:07 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
We had a friend and neighbor, father of three including a 2YO daughter, lawyer got in deep with the blow. Same thing on Rte 64., only it wasn't a convertible.

wonder if this is the stretch known as "Dead Mans curve" of Jan and Dean fame? (I think that's right, not looking).

Course the "party line" is he was running late and trying to hurry to the course to give some lessons to celeb's, including Drew Brees and some others. Who knows?
04-07-2021 02:09 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(04-07-2021 02:07 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(04-07-2021 02:03 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Looks like he picked the wrong rig to end it all. No way that wasn't on purpose. Never hit the brakes. Same thing happened to a couple that owned a pharmacy down here in which the dude's partners got sentenced last week. Haulin ass on a curved road and straight into a tree in a Porche convertible.

Could be. Could have also passed out at the wheel. Either way it isn't any of our business.
Hard to pass out going 85 in a 45. Especially a 45 as curvy as that road.
04-07-2021 02:10 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(04-07-2021 02:10 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  
(04-07-2021 02:07 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  

Hard to pass out going 85 in a 45. Especially a 45 as curvy as that road.

It was downhill. Could have been doing the speed limit or speeding slightly and depending on how steep and how long it would be possible to pass out and hit 85 before he went off the road. One thing clear is it was medical and not criminal, which is why the public isn't getting details. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a suicide attempt. Just not as quick to rule out something else other than alcohol or drugs, which would be criminal.
04-07-2021 02:23 PM
stinkfist Offline

never thought about that....it’s plausible, but I seriously doubt it...

not only is he hyper-alpha, but his grooming + success to overcome failure is beyond dominant...
04-07-2021 02:28 PM
stinkfist Offline

(04-07-2021 02:09 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  We had a friend and neighbor, father of three including a 2YO daughter, lawyer got in deep with the blow. Same thing on Rte 64., only it wasn't a convertible.

wonder if this is the stretch known as "Dead Mans curve" of Jan and Dean fame? (I think that's right, not looking).

Course the "party line" is he was running late and trying to hurry to the course to give some lessons to celeb's, including Drew Brees and some others. Who knows?

I'm going with antidepressant + opiod...check out his interview at the tourney right before he left the premises....

he looked close to his mug shot....

he also may have simply been too fk'n tired and fell asleep at the wheel...

I hate what has happened to him...

ONE OF THE GREATEST AT HIS PROFFESSION

sometimes, being too good/smart is the curse that bites and never let's go....
04-07-2021 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.