Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men
Bookmark and Share
TrojanT Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Little Rock
Men
Rough start against a team who is playing well during this part of the season. Tough to watch. At least Foley's team won.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021 09:31 PM by TrojanT.)
02-12-2021 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Men
We have a another 30-4 run in us? I tend to believe that was a fluke. We look like we are done. What's the deal with Kris not playing at all the last 3 games. If he is hurt, tell us. If he is in the doghouse tell us. Just not playing him is ridiculous.
02-12-2021 09:31 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

Was going to go to my first game of the season tomorrow. If doesn't get better tonight, I doubt I can drag my wife out there, even if we have been vaccinated.
02-12-2021 09:33 PM
TrojanTeen2 Offline
Special Teams

Honestly it may be best to save your trips to the JSC for the women’s games. They’ve been competing (and winning) even without their 2 best scorers...

Unless we do another 30-4 right now, I don’t see much worth watching for the rest of the season.
02-12-2021 09:44 PM
Advertisement

TrojanT Offline
Water Engineer

(02-12-2021 09:44 PM)TrojanTeen2 Wrote:  Honestly it may be best to save your trips to the JSC for the women’s games. They’ve been competing (and winning) even without their 2 best scorers...

I kind of agree.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021 10:16 PM by TrojanT.)
02-12-2021 10:15 PM
TrojanT Offline
Water Engineer

If it weren't for Coupet's decent game, this would have been a really ugly night.
02-12-2021 10:21 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

It's rather amazing what's happened with this team. After last season, I really expected us to win the league. No, I didn't expect it to be easy, but we just look like a bad basketball team right now and I don't know how we turn it around.
02-12-2021 10:32 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
What on earth happened to you guys. Even Walker looked listless tonight. He barely left his chair
02-13-2021 12:31 AM
TrojanTeen2 Offline
Special Teams

(02-13-2021 12:31 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  What on earth happened to you guys. Even Walker looked listless tonight. He barely left his chair

Well that’s the biggest problem. We don’t know anything about what’s going on with the chemistry between the coaching and the players. We’ve already lost a lot of talent to transfer/ opt out and we don’t have any background other than noticing that the conflict is certainly spilling on the court. I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t win another game the way the season is turning out.
02-13-2021 01:03 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-13-2021 01:03 AM)TrojanTeen2 Wrote:  
(02-13-2021 12:31 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  What on earth happened to you guys. Even Walker looked listless tonight. He barely left his chair

Well that’s the biggest problem. We don’t know anything about what’s going on with the chemistry between the coaching and the players. We’ve already lost a lot of talent to transfer/ opt out and we don’t have any background other than noticing that the conflict is certainly spilling on the court. I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t win another game the way the season is turning out.

I was going to post that I don't see us winning another game, but I decided not to be that negative. But, since you mentioned it, like you I certainly wouldn't be shocked if that happened. Basketball is a crazy game and we might come out today and shoot lights out. But, if we continue to play like we have been we are not going to beat anybody. Markquis could take over a game and get us a win when all seemed lost. Marco showed the other night, he could get hot and do that, but a defender in his face could stop that.

In my 39 years as a fan, not sure I've ever been as disappointed in a team. I try to have realistic expectations (no, I don't expect us to be the next Gonzaga), but considering we had just about everyone back and everyone was picking us to win the league, I really expected us to go into the tournament as a number one seed. I really believed we had "unfinished business" after getting screwed out of a definite NIT bid and very possible NCAA bid last season.
02-13-2021 09:33 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

That's a great question. But, I had zero expectations of beating you guys last night. Several of us were sure the team (and coaches) had "thrown in the towel" last week, and then we went on a 30-4 run (until TxSt hit a game-tying 3) to end regulation. That had, at least, me questioning if the team had really quit. But, except for that run, we have looked listless for awhile. I guess it's possible our home floor could help turn things around today, but with an empty arena the home court advantage is likely minimal.
02-13-2021 09:41 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
(02-13-2021 09:33 AM)mjs Wrote:  In my 39 years as a fan, not sure I've ever been as disappointed in a team.

All things considered, I think we have done OK. We lost our best offensive rebounder and a starter early, and have had to deal with negative atmosphere because of our point guard. That would disrupt most teams. We still might make some noise in the post season. I think there are some nice pieces on this roster. It will take some time for everything to come together, and we may not have the time to get that done, but sometimes kids surprise us.
02-13-2021 11:38 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

Coupet is going to become our scoring leader, I think, and he is as versatile as anyone around. Ruot will continue to be a vacuum cleaner on the boards and an eraser in the lane. We just need a couple of players to get hot from the arc. That happened late last season when Stulic heated up. Could happen again.
02-13-2021 11:48 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-13-2021 11:38 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  
(02-13-2021 09:33 AM)mjs Wrote:  In my 39 years as a fan, not sure I've ever been as disappointed in a team.

All things considered, I think we have done OK. We lost our best offensive rebounder and a starter early, and have had to deal with negative atmosphere because of our point guard. That would disrupt most teams. We still might make some noise in the post season. I think there are some nice pieces on this roster. It will take some time for everything to come together, and we may not have the time to get that done, but sometimes kids surprise us.

You're more forgiving then me in this case. Maric is our leading scorer, so I believe he is better than Kamani and would have been the starter at this point. Kris, off the bench, is more than an adequate substitute for Kamani as the 6th man. Why he is not playing, I don't have a clue. I guess, you could say we are doing "ok" considering the circumstances, but why did we get to the spot we are now in? I've been accused of accepting mediocrity and generally I am satisfied with having a "competitive" Sun Belt program. However, at the moment I don't see us as being "okay" or even competitive. We would not have beaten ULM, at home, if they were not missing their leading scorer and rebounder. As you suggest, maybe everything will come together for this team. But, at this point, I have a hard time believing that will happen. Again, my disappointment is in "what could have been" this season. I can't recall the last time I had such high expectations going into a season. Our "great" teams (the 2 that won NCAA games) were pretty much complete surprises. This was one season I was expecting great things going in.
02-13-2021 12:01 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I just think this season has been such a confused mess with Covid and all the related factors that we have to take a mulligan. Everyone is a little out of sync.
02-13-2021 01:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.