Bookmark and Share
uchoops Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Game Day thread: Cincy at Temple
(02-05-2021 07:24 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(02-04-2021 09:16 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  
(02-04-2021 09:12 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(02-04-2021 09:11 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  I wonder if anyone is going to give CJB any credit? Probably not.

I will

Same. Our fans are passionate and that's a good thing, but I've thought the talk of firing him after this season is a bit much.

Credit for what? Beating Temple?

We're still 4-7. We still play like a church league team.

Our offense is still pass it around the perimeter and chuck up a three. We still have that 2nd half lapse where we give away or try to give away the game.

When we're competitive with Houston, I'll give him some credit.

1st game in 25 days...short handed...tired due to Covid and this what you come up with...I’ll give UC credit for beating Temple under the conditions..well done Cats??

02-05-2021 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Defense looked better than any of the previous games this year. Hope they keep that up and get their legs back in the next couple of weeks. I still like the young talent on this team. The rest of this year is building for next.

02-05-2021 08:40 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
I thought the team did a good job of not turning the ball over in the first half which really helped to build the lead. Then they got a bit careless in the second half and allowed to Temple to get the lead back.

But UC even fought through that and was able to get the comeback win.

02-05-2021 08:54 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(02-05-2021 08:30 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  I'm glad we won. I'm not going to take anything away from that win.

The challenge is the next game and the game after that.
Yeah, it's going to take weeks to get back to full strength. Hopefully we can get either Zach or Dou back Sunday but the endurance for the guys who were sick is going to take awhile. I'm honestly just hoping to build towards making a run at the conference tournament. But really enjoy them being back and able to watch them play.

02-05-2021 09:06 AM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
(02-04-2021 09:17 PM)eroc Wrote:  
(02-04-2021 07:23 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  The two seniors on this team are the reason UC is in last place.

Vogt is situational. if our opponents don't play with pace and are willing to let Vogt stay in the post on D, i think he's workable. They work him in a pick and roll and he's done.

KW just creates some much trouble for himself. Loose handle, dribbling into double teams, turning the ball over, bad shots, biting on pump fakes, bad fouls, the list goes on. His role is best as the third best player on a team.

Honestly, though, the one player whose value i can't figure out is Mike Saunders. Yes, he's very fast. Besides that??? He needs to learn how to shoot. His quickness is good enough to create space but he simply does not want to shoot so defenders really can take a break on D or sag off of him.

One thing that was going through my mind watching that game, and i apologize if it's discussed earlier as i don't have time to read the 12 previous pages, is if Vogt or KW will use this extra Covid year and come back next year. I only say it as this year has been so disjointed, and they've show so poorly right now, that in order to get decent professional consideration or opportunities overseas they will likely need to show more. All that said, a win is a win particularly on the road with limited players and practice. DD is another guy whom i hope entertains using this as an extra year as once his shot is right he's a top level player. Honestly i think he has the skills to be one of the better pg we've had if he plays long enough. KW plays hard, but just needs to focus much more mentally in the game situation. Hard to watch at times. Vogt's helping them more and more even if it doesn't show up in the stats. He drew i think 3 of the 4 fouls on Forrester to keep him on the bench which was. big. He also did a beautiful job on the pick/interference springing KW for the big drive and finish to push the lead to 3 at the one minute mark. These post passes guys are finally throwing to him are often way off target. He's often pulled way out of position and balance trying to get them let alone gather himself to finish. For some reason our guys can't seem to use the bounce pass into the post. It's generally fastballs to the right or left. The one armed fastball KW through away from him as he was closing to the basket which went out of bounds was a head scratcher. Hopefully we can build on it so we'll see Sunday. I give the coach props. Said in postgame 5 of the kids who played had to be tested an hour before game time at the arena to make sure they were still clear. Crazy, but we'll take it.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2021 09:35 AM by dsquare.)
02-05-2021 09:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.