Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Jen Psaki: I Treat Reporters Like ‘I’m an Orderly in an Insane Asylum’
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: Jen Psaki: I Treat Reporters Like ‘I’m an Orderly in an Insane Asylum’
Man, when the press decides enough is enough and turn on her, it will be EPIC!
02-23-2021 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki had another rough go of it with Fox News reporter Peter Doocy. On Tuesday, Doocy tried to pin her down on the Biden administration’s continuation of the juvenile immigrant detention program formerly named as “kids in cages.”

“This is not kids being kept in cages,” Psaki exploded. “This is kids, this is a facility that was opened, that’s going to follow the same standards as other HHS facilities, It is not a replication, certainly not, that’s never our intention of replicating the immigration policies of the past administration, but we are in a circumstance where we are not going to expel unaccompanied minors at the border, that would be inhumane. That is not what we are going to do here as an administration.”

Now, when Doocy circles back to the question at today’s press conference, you can see Psaki instantly wince upon hearing the same line-of-questioning.

This is the “circling back” we were promised, Ms. Psaki.

“You said it was not ‘kids in cages,'” Doocy led in. “We have seen some photos now of containers. Is there a better description? Is it ‘kids in containers’ instead of ‘kids in cages’? What is the White House’s description of this facility?”

“Well,” she responded. “Let me give a broader description of what is happening here. We have a number of unaccompanied minors, children who are coming into the country without their families.”

Why would they be doing that? Would it have anything to do with the Biden administration’s restoration of DACA’s anti-law enforcement guidelines?

“What we are not doing,” she continued. “Which the last administration did, was separate those kids, rip them from the arms of their parents at the border. We are not doing that. That is immoral. And that is not the approach of this administration.”

Link
02-24-2021 04:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

02-27-2021 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Quote:It’s been only about a month, but already it’s an adventure whenever Jen Psaki tries to answer any questions from a reporter.

Will you get “I’ll circle back,” “[Fill in the blank] that’s question and we appointed a woman” or some other convoluted form of a non-answer.

But she went on CNN with Dana Bash, but it didn’t really go well for either one of them.

Bash asked about Psaki’s reaction to the second sexual harassment allegation against Gov. Andrew Cuomo and if Joe Biden believes the second woman, Charlotte Bennett or Governor Cuomo. But Bash mixed up the names a bit calling Andrew Cuomo, “Chris Cuomo.” Whoops.

But you could see Psaki’s eyes shifting back and forth on that one as Bash asked that question but she shifted into the Democratic default position when they get asked about a Democrat and sexual harassment. When it was a Republican, for example Brett Kavanaugh, it was we have to “Believe all women” period, no questioning allowed. Now, it’s that we just need to “hear” those women (until we can shunt them to the side again like Tara Reade) if they accuse a Democrat. Now, with Democrats, we need to hear from both sides/have an investigation, not things they would even concede with Republicans.

So let’s flashback to what Psaki said during the allegations against Brett Kavanaugh and how she attacked the measured response of Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) in looking at both sides of the question.

Collins explained that while she found Christine Blasey Ford credible, she didn’t think there was enough evidence to prove it “more likely than not,” basically not even a criminal standard (beyond a reasonable doubt), she was just giving it the civil action standard and didn’t think it met it. Psaki called Collins a “coward” and a “fake feminist” for her position.

From The Hill:

Psaki said Sunday that those people who worry about men being condemned without sufficient evidence misunderstand the problems facing America.

“It’s much more likely that women hold back and they don’t put these accusations forward than they don’t. That is the issue in this country, not being falsely accused,” Psaki said, adding that it is “absolutely irresponsible” to weigh the risks to men and women posed by Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

Psaki said that Collins was “trying to have it all ways.”

“You can’t say somebody is credible and then completely question their story,” she argued.

Really? So tell us, Jen, are you saying that Charlotte Bennett and Lindsay Boylan aren’t credible? Because it sure sounds like you’re now trying to apply a Collins standard to these Cuomo allegations. So are you a “coward” or a “fake feminist?”

Link
03-01-2021 12:44 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

03-01-2021 07:38 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 01:09 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
03-03-2021 01:08 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

03-05-2021 06:44 PM
TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
condescending c-u-n-t
03-05-2021 06:56 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Quote:White House press secretary Jen Psaki has gone round and round with reporters in the White House press corps for several weeks now on the issue of when Joe Biden will be holding his first formal press conference.

CNN’s Kaitlan Collins, CBS News’ Kathryn Watson, and other journalists have raised the issue with Paski either directly during the daily briefings or have brought up the issue up on social media.

Before we get into her comments from earlier today, let’s flashback to what she said on Friday in response to the question because it’s relevant. Instead of being non-committal, she was a little more detailed in letting reporters know that Biden would be doing his first formal presser “before the end of the month,” though she did not give a specific date.

Psaki then attempted to debunk the insinuation that Biden was avoiding reporters by droning on and on about how Biden had supposedly taken questions from reporters at least 40 times but was also very busy taking care of The People’s Business, yada yada. But the AP reporter who questioned her continued to press the matter, pointing out that catching the POTUS on the fly for a question as he was walking out of a room was not the same thing as a formal Q&A.

It’s at that point Psaki basically told the reporters assembled in the room that they should be fine with the scraps Biden throws at them on occasion because he had more important matters to focus on at this point in time or something.

During today’s press briefing, another reporter first confirmed with Psaki that Biden would indeed be holding a press conference before the end of the month. While Psaki confirmed he would be, she again brought up the talking point about how Biden has supposedly done “about 40 Q&As since he took office”, and her tone suggested she was incredulous that the media were still pressing the administration for access to him.

But when the reporter asked “what does it mean going forward? Will we see more of President Biden -?”, Psaki interjected with a question of her own. “You mean more than 40 Q&As in the last month?” Psaki said to the reporter.

After Psaki had finished interrupting her, the reporter continued on with her question. “… where he will be [subjected] to more extensive questions, follow-ups, the kind of things that we’re doing today? Will we see him regularly?”

It was then Psaki appeared exasperated and snapped, stating that “I – I don’t know if you’ll see him more than 40 times a month but I’m happy to ask him that question.”

Watch:

As I said of her answer on Friday, this one was not only pathetic but disturbing and insulting.

As this administration likes to frequently remind us, Joe Biden is the President of the United States. He came in promising to restore “trust and respect” between the White House and the press, and as happened under the Obama-Biden administration, Biden vowed to have the most transparent administration in history.

Yet as of this point, some 50 or so days into his administration, he’s done neither. Sorry, Ms. Psaki, but being able to yell out a quick question to Biden as he walks away from the podium and exits the room (and as the press are being herded away like cattle) is not what I would call a “Q&A.” It’s just not. It doesn’t sound like the press is buying that line of argument, either.

Her answer, along with Biden’s incoherent explanation on the COVID relief bill this past weekend, suggests things are indeed not well at the White House with the president.

Psaki can keep playing these word games all she wants to, but the more she does, the more speculation will ramp up over just what’s going on and as to why Biden has not yet subjected himself to his first formal press conference nearly two months into his presidency.

If what happened over the weekend and in recent weeks with him is any indication, the American people are right to be concerned and are owed an answer from this White House beyond Psaki’s snide “I’ll check and let you know” responses.

Link
03-08-2021 04:31 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Psaki Was Cornered On Biden's Border Messaging—Her Response Will Make You Miss Trump
https://rumble.com/ver5u1-psaki-was-corn...of&mrefc=3

Reporter Grills Psaki About Border Crisis—She Blames Trump
https://rumble.com/ver3ud-reporter-grill...of&mrefc=4

Quote:White House reporters signaled their frustration with White House press secretary Jen Psaki Wednesday for blocking press access to migrant detention camps on the Southern border.

“It’s now been three weeks since I think in this room you were first asked about getting us some press access,” one reporter asked Psaki. “Why have we still not seen any images inside these facilities?”

During the White House press briefing, Psaki repeatedly dodged questions about transparency, blaming coronavirus restrictions, health protocols, and the privacy of the children in the facilities for stalling reporter requests for access.

She also defended President Biden for failing to visit the border himself.

“He talks to plenty of officials,” she said, noting that he received “briefings” with photos and details about the facilities.

NBC News reported the Biden administration had issued an unofficial “gag order” to border officials from discussing the crisis of migrants flooding the Southern border, refusing reporter “ride alongs,” and requiring agents to send reporters’ requests for information to the Department of Homeland Security in Washington, DC.

One reporter noted that they had access to border patrol “ride alongs” with officials during former President Donald Trump’s administration:

[O]ur reporters used to be able to get ride alongs during the Trump administration and you all came in and promise to be the most truthful and transparent administration and you all you know oversee the Department of Homeland Security so if you all wanted to grant access to the press couldn’t you just tell DHS to do it?

Psaki referred reporters with questions about the conditions experienced by the child migrants to the Departments of Homeland Security and Health and Human Services.

“I don’t have an update for you on the timeline for access but it is certainly something we support,” Psaki said.

The Biden White House continues to hide details of the conditions faced by child migrants trying to enter the United States as the administration faces criticism from the left for detaining them in poor conditions while they await transfer to a Heath and Human Services facility for processing.

Conservatives and Republicans continue criticizing Biden for lifting measures set in place by former President Donald Trump, triggering the crisis on the Southern border.

Psaki also refused to set a limit on the number of unattended minors allowed into the United States.

“We decided as you all know that we will be more humane about how we approach this,” she said.

One reporter recalled that a team of Biden officials sent to visit the border never briefed the press about the conditions in the camps.

Psaki said she was happy to “invite” the team to the press briefing room, but did not commit to a date for that kind of briefing. She also declined to provide any details about future official trips to the border

“I expect we will have additional trips to the border but I don’t have one to preview for you today,” he concluded. “Thank you, everyone. Happy St. Patrick’s Day.”

Link

Quote:Cartel-connected human smugglers led a group of migrants across the Rio Grande and tried to have them run into the streets of Laredo. Breitbart Texas was there when authorities were able to turn them back.

Breitbart Texas was in the border city of Laredo documenting the ongoing crisis caused by as thousands of migrants seeking entry into Texas each day. Laredo and the surrounding areas have minimal border fencing–presenting a unique challenge for authorities since they have to rely on reduced manpower to detain migrants.

While filming in the neighborhood known as Rincon Del Diablo in the city’s downtown area, a cartel-connected smuggler led a group of migrants and sent some running into the city.

U.S. Border Patrol vehicles in the area rushed to intercept. The rest stayed on the banks of the Rio Grande as the smuggler yelled at them to run back to Mexico.

Federal law enforcement sources consulted by Breitbart Texas say these types of incidents are a common for the Cartel Del Noreste faction of Los Zetas as a way to divert manpower from certain areas. The tactic calls for sending a small group of migrants, primarily young men or underage teenagers, who run from agents and trigger chases. Once they are captured, some agents have to stay until they are transported to one of the facilities in the area. This ties down manpower in the field, allowing the cartel smugglers to move larger groups and narcotics in nearby areas.

Link

Quote:As Nick Arama wrote earlier, the Biden administration is doing something Trump would have been drawn and quartered over by the press if it happened under his watch: Severely limiting press access to Border Patrol agents and migrant facilities where thousands of unaccompanied minors are reportedly being kept in conditions that human rights groups and even some Democrats have said in so many words are deplorable.

According to NBC News, “Border Patrol officials have been told to deny all media requests for ‘ride-alongs’ with agents along the southern land border; local press officers are instructed to send all information queries, even from local media, to the press office in Washington for approval.”

Further, the news outlet noted that media requests for photos from overcrowded border facilities “have been denied.”

White House press secretary Jen Psaki was asked about lack of access during today’s press briefing by Fox News White House correspondent Kristin Fisher. The exchange was notable not just because of how Psaki tap-danced around the question but also by how Fisher played the Trump card, with an emphasis on the capital “T”, while using Biden’s pledge to be the most transparent administration ever against him. Here’s the transcript:

Fisher: “Is the White House or DHS instructing border agents to refuse ride-along requests from reporters? Because that’s what a lot of our folks on the ground are hearing.”

Psaki: “Again, I think we’ve seen, watching a number of the reports you all do, a number of Border Patrol officials who are quoted in them, who appear in them, and certainly from the White House we support that. It’s coordinated through the Department of Homeland Security and I point you to them for any additional questions about the logistics of press access.”

Fisher: “But our reporters used to be able to get ridealongs during the Trump administration. And you all came in and promised to be the most truthful and transparent administration, and you all, you know, oversee the Department of Homeland Security. So, if you all wanted to grant access to the press, couldn’t you just tell DHS to do it?”

Psaki: “Again, we fully support transparency, and I would encourage you to talk to the Department of Homeland Security about any requests you have for press access or what you’re looking to accomplish at the border.”

Watch:

As I’ve said before – and as Fisher noted in her follow-up question – it’s bizarre that Psaki keeps falling on the “contact DHS for more info” talking point with the press considering, ya know, DHS is a federal department under Biden’s control and is supposed to ultimately act at his direction. He could inform them directly or have one of his surrogates instruct border officials to be more transparent about what’s happening at the border as well as get the ball rolling to allow press photographers access to the facilities in question so they can get photos and videos without violating the privacy of those who are being housed there.

The lack of transparency from this administration on a number of fronts is appalling, and what makes it especially so is that not only does Psaki routinely refuse to provide any cogent answers to questions about the border crisis (beyond “blame Trump!“), but neither President Biden nor Vice President Harris are willing to talk specifics.

I refuse to believe it’s because they simply “haven’t been briefed.” They know what’s going on and because of “message control” (read: keeping reporters away from either of them) and not wanting to prove Republicans who have raised issues about Biden’s immigration polices right, they’re keeping them close to the vest.

Fisher is right here. For all this administration’s talk about supposedly being the most transparent administration in history, they’re doing a lousy job of it. And in the process, the media is being reminded that despite all their grievances with the Trump administration they gave reporters much more leeway on covering issues like these than this administration is apparently willing to grant them.

That’s not something Psaki wants to hear, but good on Fisher to make the comparison. Because there are few things that sting this administration more than being told the Trump administration did something better. That might – might – just be the spark that’s needed to get this White House to start being more upfront with the American people as to just what’s really going on at the southern border.

Link

03-17-2021 06:15 PM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
Nothing but a bunch of psychopaths in this administration that think 99% of this country is fully ReTaRded which I don’t totally disagree with TBH. What I disagree with is their abuse of power and cancelling 70+ mil voters who leaned the other way.
03-17-2021 06:43 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

03-24-2021 03:32 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-08-2021 04:15 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-14-2021 04:09 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-14-2021 05:06 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
I can't listen to her rambling, she speaks with forked tongue too.
04-14-2021 06:46 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(04-14-2021 06:46 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I can't listen to her rambling, she speaks with forked tongue too.

I didn't know she was also a speaker for Liz Warren?
04-15-2021 09:03 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(04-14-2021 06:46 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I can't listen to her rambling, she speaks with forked tongue too.

She a babbling idiot. Her boss is a incoherent babbling idiot. The entire Biden* admin is a completely useless joke.
04-15-2021 09:08 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-15-2021 04:39 PM
JDTulane Online
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(04-15-2021 04:39 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

So what is YOUR solution Crimson? Dump the child, alone, back on the other side? For all these links and articles you post, we don't get to hear or see your opinion very often.
04-16-2021 10:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.