Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Jen Psaki: I Treat Reporters Like ‘I’m an Orderly in an Insane Asylum’
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Jen Psaki: I Treat Reporters Like ‘I’m an Orderly in an Insane Asylum’
(02-10-2021 12:09 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(02-10-2021 10:37 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(02-09-2021 03:54 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Jen: Smash or Pass?

I do like redheads...not sure though

Pass. Don't like redheads and don't like this one. Good looking redheads are few and far between. Plus Psaki has that Democrat possibly lesbian face.

Same.

Now, ol' Raggedy Ann's predecessor, Kayleigh??? No doubt about it!! Smart, blonde and conservative is a triple crown.

Yes. Gentlemen prefer blondes.
02-10-2021 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(02-10-2021 12:20 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(02-10-2021 12:09 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(02-10-2021 10:37 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(02-09-2021 03:54 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Jen: Smash or Pass?

I do like redheads...not sure though

Pass. Don't like redheads and don't like this one. Good looking redheads are few and far between. Plus Psaki has that Democrat possibly lesbian face.

Same.

Now, ol' Raggedy Ann's predecessor, Kayleigh??? No doubt about it!! Smart, blonde and conservative is a triple crown.

Yes. Gentlemen prefer blondes.

I love blondes, strawberry blondes...heck who I'm I kidding...I like good looking women with any type color hair other than purple, pink, green, etc...the typical ugly feminist color palette.
02-10-2021 01:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
02-10-2021 04:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

02-11-2021 06:38 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Translation: "We haven't received orders from Beijing yet."

[Image: 9dd4693ee9f2bd59f8ecd142723d529ca13ff1ba...;amp;h=429]
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021 12:38 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
02-12-2021 12:36 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Quote:On Friday, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was asked flat-out if Israel was an important ally of the United States. Psaki did not give a direct answer to that question.

A reporter asked, “Does the administration still consider the Saudis and the Israelis important allies?”

“Well, again, I think there are ongoing processes and internal inter-agency processes,” Psaki replied. “One that we, I think, confirmed, an inter-agency meeting just last week to discuss a range of issues in the Middle East. We’ve only been here three and a half weeks. And I think I’m going to let those policy processes see themselves through before we give kind of a complete lay down of what our national security approaches will be to a range of issues.”

“The Biden administration will restore diplomatic relations with the Palestinian Authority, more than two years after President Donald J. Trump effectively ended them,” The New York Times reported in late January, adding, “The shift, which will include a resumption of American aid to the Palestinians, was announced on Tuesday in a speech by Richard Mills, the acting United States ambassador to the United Nations.”

In 1982 Biden reportedly banged on a desk and berated Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin that if Israel continued building settlements in Judea and Samaria, the U.S. would cut off financial aid. Begin fired back:

Don’t threaten us with cutting off your aid. It will not work. I am not a Jew with trembling knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history. Nobody came to our aid when we were dying in the gas chambers and ovens. Nobody came to our aid when we were striving to create our country. We paid for it. We fought for it. We died for it. We will stand by our principles. We will defend them. And, when necessary, we will die for them again, with or without your aid.

Begin added:

This desk is designed for writing, not for fists. Don’t threaten us with slashing aid. Do you think that because the U.S. lends us money it is entitled to impose on us what we must do? We are grateful for the assistance we have received, but we are not to be threatened. I am a proud Jew. Three thousand years of culture are behind me, and you will not frighten me with threats. Take note: we do not want a single soldier of yours to die for us.

In November 2019, Biden was asked if he would reverse President Trump’s decision to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem. He replied, “Not now. I wouldn’t reverse it. I wouldn’t have done it in the first place.”

Prior to the exchange in which Psaki declined to answer directly if Israel was an important ally, there was a series of questions about President Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. That exchange went like this:

Reporter: Is there any update on whether the president has called or plans to call Prime Minister Netanyahu?

Psaki: I don’t have an update. He is looking forward to speaking with Prime Minister Netanyahu. I can assure you that will be soon, but I don’t have a specific time or date for when that will occur.

Reporter: As I’m sure you know, there’s a narrative in Israel that this is an intentional dis, is it?

Psaki: It is not an intentional dis. Prime Minister Netanyahu is someone the president has known for some time. Obviously, we have a long and important relationship with Israel and the president has known him and has been working on a range of issues that there’s a mutual commitment to for some time. It is just a reflection of the fact that we’ve been here for three and a half weeks. He’s not called every single global leader yet and he is eager to do that in the weeks ahead.

Reporter: But he has called every other major ally in Europe and in Asia.

Psaki: He’s called many of them, that is true. Some would argue they haven’t received calls yet, and they are still eager to receive them. But I can assure you, he will be speaking with the prime minister soon and he’s looking forward to doing that. Go ahead.

Another reporter: Just to follow up on Anne, are you talking about days or weeks as the timeframe of the president speaking with Netanyahu?

Psaki: I don’t have an exact timeline to give you other than he’s looking forward to having the conversation. They’ve known each other for some time. There are certainly areas of mutual interest. And as soon as he makes that call, we will let you all know.

Reporter: Can you give us further details about the conversation that national security advisor Jake Sullivan had with his Israeli counterpart, I believe, to discuss Iran yesterday?

Psaki: I don’t have additional details on that. I’m happy to talk to Jake and see if there’s more we can read out for all of you.

Reporter: That’d be really great. And still on the issue of the Middle East, I mean, I know that you’re saying that things are still under review, including policies like the Abraham Accords, but can you please just give a broad sense of what the administration is trying to achieve in the Middle East? For example, does the administration still consider the Saudis and the Israelis important allies?

That prompted Psaki’s non-answer.

Link
02-13-2021 01:30 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Funny! She didn't answer a single question.

Is it still a press conference if there are questions and no answers?
02-13-2021 06:02 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

02-13-2021 07:19 PM
TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
has she 'circled back' with any of the questions she tabled yet?
02-14-2021 10:30 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

02-17-2021 04:35 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

02-17-2021 05:34 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Quote:WASHINGTON, D.C.—Journalists around the nation erupted in boisterous cheers when White House Press Secretary, Jen Psaki, announced that the gulags will be run by a woman of color.

The announcement came as a result of an unscripted moment when a reporter relayed to Psaki a question from a concerned citizen back home, “What is President Biden doing for my small business?”

Psaki didn’t miss a beat showing how clearly prepared she was for such a hard-hitting question.

“First and foremost, Joe Biden nominated a woman of color to run the forced labor camps, what many experts in this administration are referring to affectionately as the gulags.”

The journalists began hooting, hollering, clapping, and erupting into chants of “Four More Years” when Psaki’s announcement dropped that dissidents and undesirables accused of wrongthink would be sent to forced labor camps run by a woman of color.

At publishing time, children being kept in immigration detention centers were reportedly “glad” to hear news that I.C.E. may be folded into the progressive new gulag system.

Link
02-18-2021 01:42 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

02-21-2021 04:06 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
"A reporter asked, “Does the administration still consider the Saudis and the Israelis important allies?”

“Well, again, I think there are ongoing processes and internal inter-agency processes,” Psaki replied. “One that we, I think, confirmed, an inter-agency meeting just last week to discuss a range of issues in the Middle East. We’ve only been here three and a half weeks. And I think I’m going to let those policy processes see themselves through before we give kind of a complete lay down of what our national security approaches will be to a range of issues.”

That my friends is what you call going around in circles. By the time the press conference is over the reporters want to get off that ride to throw up.
02-21-2021 08:03 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-21-2021 08:03 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  That my friends is what you call going around in circles.

I guess she will have to circle back with us on that one.
02-21-2021 08:21 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Quote:White House press secretary Jen Psaki admitted that most of the federal funds designated for schools and other educational institutions in the Biden administration’s COVID-19 bill will not be spent in 2021.

During a press briefing on Monday, one reporter pressed Psaki on how the money set aside for education in the “American Rescue Plan” would be used to help reopen schools.

“A CBO analysis suggested that only a small portion of the $130 billion for schools would actually be spent in the current fiscal year. What exactly is the White House doing to ensure that money would actually mean that schools could potentially open to March and April before the academic year ends?” the reporter asked.

Psaki, however, was unbothered with the fact that much of the money in the bill would be left unspent on a return to in-person learning. Instead, the press secretary argued that those funds would be better used to ensure that schools could pay teachers, reinforcing the Biden administration’s affection for prioritizing teachers and teachers unions over students’ learning interests.

“A big part of the challenge here for a number of schools is that they need, in order to operate responsibly and given the threat of budget cuts, they need to obligate funds according to spending plans, rather than exhausting all balances as soon as they’re received,” she explained. “So the challenge here is, how do they plan ahead? They can hire, if they need to hire additional teachers now for smaller class sizes or if they need to hire bus drivers or if they need to hire, they need to do improvements to their facilities, they want to be able to know, understandably, just like any business or company, that they will be able to employ teachers next year and the year ahead, so that’s why this funding is so essential is because they need to be able to plan ahead so that they can make the improvements now and do the hiring now.”

Psaki’s comments come after nearly $1 trillion of Congress’s previous coronavirus spending funds are still sitting unused. One $100 million authorization in the CARES Act, which granted federally funded schools resources “for cleaning and disinfecting” as well as “assistance in counseling and distance learning,” was also left untouched as schools around the United States kept their doors closed in exchange for virtual learning.

Link
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021 07:34 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
02-22-2021 07:31 PM
Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
What is interesting about her approach is that she is making these interactions worse for herself. Reporters ask questions so they can get an answer. She is a level 10 gymnast in how she contorts around these questions. Listening to her not answer the Cuomo question on Sunday was Hall of Fame level sidestepping.

As for the "orderly in an insane asylum" comment - WDF does she think she is? She does not set policy, she is not an official of any kind. She is a mouth piece and in simplest terms bait for the sharks. These reporters (as detestable and biased as they are) will burn her out in short order if they decide that they want to. She acts as if these people have no right to ask the questions they ask and it comes out in her answers and body language.

It will not be long before she becomes Former Press Secretary Psaki if she doesn't change her attitude. You may disagree with Kayleigh's politics, but she knew how to handle a press room.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021 08:43 AM by Eldonabe.)
02-23-2021 08:06 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(02-21-2021 08:03 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  That my friends is what you call going around in circles. By the time the press conference is over the reporters want to get off that ride to throw up.

Its like when Michael Scott went to see David Wallace.

"I've never, under any circumstances, no matter what, no matter when, wherever, in any situation, have, for any reason, .......

and on and on it goes with no actual answer
02-23-2021 08:38 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

02-23-2021 01:58 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

02-23-2021 02:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.