Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Great Sunday Afternoon watching Tiger get his 2nd Triple Double in a Row to beat #24
Bookmark and Share
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Great Sunday Afternoon watching Tiger get his 2nd Triple Double in a Row to beat #24
nos·tal·gia
/näˈstaljə,nəˈstaljə/
noun
a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.

"I was overcome with acute nostalgia for college basketball"

26 points - 12 rebounds - 10 Assists

01-31-2021 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

brooksvb Offline
1st String

RE: Great Sunday Afternoon watching Tiger get his 2nd Triple Double in a Row to beat #24
I was there. The free throw shooting at the end nearly gave underclassman me a heart attack!
01-31-2021 08:10 PM
criticallyill Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Great Sunday Afternoon watching Tiger get his 2nd Triple Double in a Row to beat #24
I'm pretty sure I was at this game too in the student section.
01-31-2021 10:18 PM
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

I was there as well.

I was managing a Sales Office for a Nashville based company at the time.

One of the VP's from Nashville was a older gentleman who was a big Vandy fan & he brought his wife Mamie as well to watch the game.

He was so sure his Commode Doors were gonna whip my Tigers. lol

We had a good time & he would bring up memories of the game to me for years on end.

[Image: 48430841146_21b4c9f2c4_o.jpg]
01-31-2021 11:10 PM
Advertisement

tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
I went with my parents to the game at Vandy. We all rocked the Tiger blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-01-2021 08:19 AM
misplaced tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I was there. I was also at the game at Vanderbilt the year before that we won in OT. Hardaway was awesome in that game too.
02-01-2021 01:46 PM
rolexjames Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The best thing about this video was hearing Fred Cook and seeing Larry Finch.
02-01-2021 07:42 PM
Advertisement

rolexjames Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-01-2021 01:46 PM)misplaced tiger Wrote:  I was there. I was also at the game at Vanderbilt the year before that we won in OT. Hardaway was awesome in that game too.

That was a great game, that switched when Larry put Penny at the one and they ran the 1-4 set.
02-01-2021 07:43 PM
true_blue_thru_and_thru Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers
Feel like students stopped yelling "you suck" during intros after I graduated in '08. Too bad, thought that was so awesome to hear that during other team's intro every game.
02-02-2021 05:05 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

A great performance. One of many in his short career with us. All due to great coaching...right?

Some players transcend who is coaching and how they impact a player's game.
Penny was one. I think Keith Lee was one. Rose took some coaching for a few months before his game and instincts took over. We've had many players that took a year, two or three to develop.

If Penny doesn't have injury problems he is one of the top 10 NBA players of all times. If Keith doesn't have knee problems his college career would be even better and his style of play would have been perfect for the NBA of that era.

As frustrating as it has been at times I'm still excited about the future of this team with Penny leading them. Experience and maturity solves a lot of problems.
02-02-2021 05:21 PM
Advertisement

Keeper Offline
All American

(02-02-2021 05:21 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  A great performance. One of many in his short career with us. All due to great coaching...right?

Penny was one. I think Keith Lee was one. Rose took some coaching for a few months before his game and instincts took over. We've had many players that took a year, two or three to develop.

If Penny doesn't have injury problems he is one of the top 10 NBA players of all times. If Keith doesn't have knee problems his college career would be even better and his style of play would have been perfect for the NBA of that era.

As frustrating as it has been at times I'm still excited about the future of this team with Penny leading them. Experience and maturity solves a lot of problems.

Penny was always coachable. I was at that game also sat right across from the visitors bench.
02-03-2021 04:25 AM
rolexjames Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-03-2021 04:25 AM)Keeper Wrote:  
(02-02-2021 05:21 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  A great performance. One of many in his short career with us. All due to great coaching...right?

Penny was always coachable. I was at that game also sat right across from the visitors bench.

I would love to see what Penny the coach would do with a Penny the player on his team.
02-03-2021 03:51 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(02-03-2021 03:51 PM)rolexjames Wrote:  
(02-03-2021 04:25 AM)Keeper Wrote:  

I would love to see what Penny the coach would do with a Penny the player on his team.

Set him loose...

This offense would provide a playmaker all the freedom he needed.
02-06-2021 10:14 AM
SouthernMSTiger Offline
Special Teams

Cletus,
YOU are to BLAME for me not having taken care of several chores I needed to do last night! Yep, you! Shame on you. Shame on you for posting that incredible game from memory lane -- getting to watch some great Tigers I'd almost forgotten about. What a game from Rodney Newsome, too. And how about those no-look passes from Hardaway. Boy, could he . . . wait, now. I've got to get back to those chores. . .

(01-31-2021 07:18 PM)Cletus Wrote:  .
nos·tal·gia
/näˈstaljə,nəˈstaljə/
noun
a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.

"I was overcome with acute nostalgia for college basketball"

26 points - 12 rebounds - 10 Assists

02-07-2021 09:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.