Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Double Standard
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Double Standard
I remember being in 6th Fleet in the eastern Mediterranean during the 1973 Yom Kippur War. We got better and faster information from Reuters than we did from our intelligence agencies.
03-04-2021 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SMUstang Offline
Banned

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
(01-27-2021 10:59 PM)bullet Wrote:  There are people who aren't gifted mentally. Joe Biden for one. But then there are people with natural intelligence who are just unbelievably stupid. I have become amazed at the stupidity. I might think it was just message board posters, but I hear it from just about every Democratic politician.
Me too, I wonder if it’s just the circles that I run in (per this bulletin board it is not just Texas) or is it a vast majority?
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021 03:42 PM by SMUstang.)
03-05-2021 03:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(03-05-2021 03:25 PM)SMUstang Wrote:  
(01-27-2021 10:59 PM)bullet Wrote:  There are people who aren't gifted mentally. Joe Biden for one. But then there are people with natural intelligence who are just unbelievably stupid. I have become amazed at the stupidity. I might think it was just message board posters, but I hear it from just about every Democratic politician.
Me too, I wonder if it’s just the circles that I run in or is it a vast majority?

I'm telling you guys, this is what happens when you don't teach reasoning, analytics, problem solving, or logic in school any longer and your tests are all multiple choice regardless of the subject.

We have 3 generations of kids who have grown up memorizing facts and answers, but have not been taught the ability to utilize that information. This is how you yield an educated generation who is ignorant. Knowing facts without the ability to understand or use them creates an intellectually crippled person who loves the affirmation of being told that their simple facts or wrote answers are correct without them being able to utilize them to see the bigger picture of life.

Because they don't read they can't even make simple associations between characterizations and contemporary people, or see archetypes that represent a larger truth. They can read anything from the Bible to Moby Dick and not see or understand the themes as they relate to life.

This wasn't an accident. The ability to draw associations and conclusions based upon the information they have learned was carefully neglected until the cognitive disconnect happened.

They have raised to be useful followers, but not independent persons who hold their own views of the world, or who can assess the locus of an everyday problem.
03-05-2021 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.