Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Democrats Reveal Their Next Massive Target
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Democrats Reveal Their Next Massive Target

Quote:The war on free speech is about to get turned up to 11 as New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has now hinted at discussions on reining in “misinformation” with what she’s referring to as “media literacy initiatives.”

According to Fox News, AOC was answering questions from viewers during an Instagram live streaming event and a question came up about a discussion on “truth and reconciliation or media literacy initiatives” in order to help America with “healing.”

AOC confirmed that there were, and it doesn’t sound good.

“I can say, there is absolutely a commission being discussed but it seems to be more investigatory, in style rather than truth and reconciliation, so I think that’s an interesting concept for us to explore, and I do think that several members of Congress, in some of my discussions, have brought up media literacy because that is a part of what happened here and we’re going to have to figure out how we rein in our media environment so that you can’t just spew disinformation, and misinformation,” Ocasio-Cortez said in the video.

“It’s one thing to have differentiating opinions but it’s another thing entirely to just say things that are false,” she added. “So that’s something that we’re looking into.”

What does that mean exactly?

It’s always a bad thing when Democrats speak in broad terms. What wasn’t really discussed was who rules what is and isn’t misinformation. As we’ve seen lately, “misinformation” is often used to describe anything a conservative says whether it’s a declaration of fact or opinion. Lately, fact-checking sites such as Snopes.com have been relied on by officials and mainstream media entities alike to “disprove” or invalidate conservative arguments.

AOC’s supposed “discussion” to “rein in our media environment” is definitely not going to cripple the leftist news sources such as CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, etc., because they never have. However, there has always been talk of silencing right-leaning news and opinion as far back as Rush Limbaugh.

Even if it did tackle left-leaning networks, the bottom line is that the government is looking to alter the media atmosphere’s ability to put out the news. It will dictate what is and isn’t the truth and if it doesn’t meet the requirements necessary… well, they haven’t discussed what will happen at that point, but we have a pretty good idea based on what’s happening right now.

Conservatives are being censored, suspended, banned, and it’s not just individuals either. Entire websites are being taken off the internet.

Whatever this “reining in” of the media is going to look like, it won’t at all look American. It will be a naked violation of our First Amendment rights.

Link

[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia4.giphy.com%2...&h]
01-13-2021 05:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Democrats Reveal Their Next Massive Target
This should just scare the hell out of EVERY America, but the libtards all will think it won't apply to THEM.

"Useful idiots" defined
01-13-2021 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Fool has never even been to the South except to go to a parking lot in Texas and act like she was looking at children in cages through a fence. Is that the kind of "disinformation" she is talking about?
01-13-2021 05:43 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
So this brain dead whiskey slinger who believes climate change will end the world in 10 years or whatever wants control over what is and isn’t misinformation????? 03-lmfao

And yes, Ms $10 Bucket of Budweiser, the southern states are red. We don’t like you. We have nothing in common with people like you and want you to stay as far away from here as possible
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2021 06:11 PM by MemTigers1998.)
01-13-2021 06:08 PM
Advertisement

swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Nobody listens to her.
01-13-2021 06:11 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-13-2021 06:11 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Nobody listens to her.

I wish that were true.
01-13-2021 07:22 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
Its kind of funny how stupid these people are... 4 years ago the far left was up in arms because Bernie was screwed by the media and the dem party cheating..1 year ago, they were once again up in arms that the media and the cheating dem party was screwing Bernie... presently these same idiots are cheering that the media and the cheating dem party is screwing Trump.

In 4 years they are going to be all broken up again because whomever their next candidate is, is going to have the media and the cheating dem party screwing that candidate.

They are just too stupid to realize the can of worms they are opening.
01-13-2021 07:30 PM
Advertisement

mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats

Uh....somebody evidently does because she got elected.
01-13-2021 07:52 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard

Problem is the fool didn’t come up with this on her own. She’s parroting what she has heard in caucus meetings. So pay attention to her. She is just to stupid to realize she is revealing secrets that the Nanny will crawl her about.
01-13-2021 07:57 PM
Thewavefan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
Fox News is next. Then it’ll be people like Ben Shapiro and Tim Pool and awaken with JP. They will erase the term Republican and conservative from history. This isn’t a joke anymore, it’s real. The question is what can we do about it?
01-14-2021 01:11 AM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7

Not everybody in the Democratic party listens to her rants either.
01-14-2021 04:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-14-2021 01:11 AM)Thewavefan Wrote:  Fox News is next. Then it’ll be people like Ben Shapiro and Tim Pool and awaken with JP. They will erase the term Republican and conservative from history. This isn’t a joke anymore, it’s real. The question is what can we do about it?

Fox fell behind MSNBC and CNN in ratings last week for the first time in ages. They're being destroyed from the inside and losing viewers to NewsMax and OAN. People don't want a constant string of DNC talking points and lies repeated without question.
01-14-2021 09:37 AM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
Media literacy initiatives? I can't help but laugh at her and at this. Maybe she needs to sit through financial literacy initiative because that degree from Boston U in Economics is about as useful as toilet paper.

And you guys are right, she didn't come up with this, but then again neither did the drunkard Nancy. George Orwell already laid the groundwork for them as this is nothing more than Newspeak.
01-14-2021 12:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.