Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MBB Games 8 and 9 vs Delaware, Jan 9th and 10th
Bookmark and Share
LION KING Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ucla
RE: MBB Games 8 and 9 vs Delaware, Jan 9th and 10th
(01-15-2021 12:43 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  [quote='Zorch' pid='17223617' dateline='1610724817']
CAA just announced that this weekend's games between Delaware and Hofstra will be played on Friday and Sunday instead, of course, on Saturday and Sunday like all other schools have to play. This is for the health, safety, and well being of the Delaware players who, presumably, are not fit enough to play more than 35 minutes two days in a row (like all other schools have to do; Hofstra, for instance, always plays a limited roster, it seems). Under this logic, why didn't Delaware play W&M last Monday (after resting on Sunday)?

Since I apparently missed the coup, what I want to know is when did Delaware take over the CAA? How does JMU feel about this ?

Delaware did not take over the CAA.
The rest of the spineless league has given it to them.

That will, also, be two weeks in a row that Hofstra gets a day in between games, though, it didn't help them last week.

Again, with all of the schedule anomalies and adjustments, it appears NCAA basketball is simply being looked at as a "practice" season this year.
01-15-2021 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hens97 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Delaware
Hens fan here. I think we are all in agreement that the CAA postponing the game last Sunday is pretty ridiculous. Very small time to me and sets a dangerous precedent for not just this year but future years. To me, knowing Ingelsby, I don’t think it came from him. He laid into our team pretty good over the winter break about their lack of toughness. I can’t see him then turning around because we are low on guys and crying to the conference about us not having that many guys. To me, it came from above him, whether an agreement of our AD’s or something from the CAA. Regardless, it’s pretty weak.

Congrats on the win. I’m a big fan of Blaires. Tough and smart. We are far from the pre season #2 pick, and I frankly thought it was ridiculous we were picked that high, but it appears the CAA is wide open this year.

By the way, have heard from a pretty good UD source that we are attempting to have you guys come up here for a “non conference” game this spring. I still have my reservations on a spring season even being played, but would be nice to play each other. Feels weird not having W&M and UD play every year.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2021 03:24 PM by Hens97.)
01-15-2021 03:23 PM
bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

I Root For: William & Mary
Aha! A quick perusal of today's tv sports telecasts show the W&M-Drexel carried on a real tv channel...NBCsw (Channel 642 on Direct TV) at 1 PM.
How did we get a ballgame on real tv in addition to the awful FLO? NBCsw, I believe, covers the entire East Coast if not the nation.
01-16-2021 06:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.