Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MBB Games 8 and 9 vs Delaware, Jan 9th and 10th
Bookmark and Share
bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: MBB Games 8 and 9 vs Delaware, Jan 9th and 10th
Very good defense in the second half and some relentless offensive rebounding. Quinn Blair is becoming a force on the court...always in the right place and a relentless competitor. Uri missed a lot of shots but his speed and athleticism
are something to watch.

Needed this win. Let's sweep UD tomorrow.
01-09-2021 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tribal Offline

I love that this was a team win vice one guy having a big game. Very balanced, kept it close in 1H, then really buckled up on defense 2H. Nice nice win and something to build on.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
01-09-2021 05:34 PM
Tribal Offline

Vote for Quinn

Time to get your votes in for Men's #CAAHoops Player of the Day after an exciting Saturday of action

https://twitter.com/CAABasketball/status...32481?s=19

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021 05:38 PM by Tribal.)
01-09-2021 05:38 PM
FauqDawg10 Offline
Special Teams

Good game from Kochera, Blair, and our centers. We played surprisingly well on the interior, where I thought we'd get killed. I freely admit that I went from not being sure Wight was a D1 talent to seeing that he's got a knack for being in the right place and reasonably confident he's going to become a serviceable big.

Objectively, no one else played a good game. It's fortunate we played a six-player team whose shots weren't falling, because we're not beating anyone else in this conference when Luke isn't on his A-game.

Yuri had about four moments where he looked like the best player on the court and about four absolutely tear-your-hair-out mental mistakes. I'll take a 50/50 split at this early point in his career.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021 05:50 PM by FauqDawg10.)
01-09-2021 05:45 PM
Tribester Offline
Banned

I Root For: W&M
Time to be greedy. Bear down and get the sweep tomorrow. Hope Scott is ok.
01-09-2021 06:51 PM
ColonelEbirt Offline
Special Teams

A great team win! Let’s sweep em tomorrow.

I really like our freshmen

Harvey continues to grow

Blair was so clutch

Let’s go Tribe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-09-2021 07:08 PM
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

[Image: 76426b906b84d9880e9f2280a9796cce.jpg]

Love this picture!!! That’s a great poster!

Love to see our team ruse to the occasion. Keep grinding and getting better. We aren’t playing great but we are competing and growing. Proud of the guys!

Love how we got contributions from so many. Keep it going!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021 07:24 PM by Naptown Tribe.)
01-09-2021 07:23 PM
Tribal Offline

Tomorrow's game postponed.

Injuries suffered by Delaware during Saturday's game with the Tribe resulted in the Blue Hens being down to five healthy scholarship players. After consultation with the conference office, the athletic directors from both institutions agreed to postpone Sunday's game out of concern for the health, safety and well-being of the Delaware men's basketball student-athletes.

01-09-2021 07:37 PM
LION KING Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ucla
(01-09-2021 07:37 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Tomorrow's game postponed.

Injuries suffered by Delaware during Saturday's game with the Tribe resulted in the Blue Hens being down to five healthy scholarship players. After consultation with the conference office, the athletic directors from both institutions agreed to postpone Sunday's game out of concern for the health, safety and well-being of the Delaware men's basketball student-athletes.

I call complete
BS
No blame here to Deleware
This is William and Mary making a poor decision for its players,agreeing to this, what happened to next man up?. Now MW players will be at risk having to play 3 games in a week.
Delaware should have to forfeit. Isnt this Division 1?
01-09-2021 07:58 PM
LION KING Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-09-2021 07:58 PM)LION KING Wrote:  

I call complete
BS
This is William and Mary making a poor decision for its players,agreeing to this, what happened to next man up?. Now MW players will be at risk having to play 3 games in a week.

Give all the credit to Delaware
They had nothing to loose in asking
They would have played
And in my opinion the AD did not make this decision
It came from highet up
Shame on all of them
01-09-2021 08:03 PM
FauqDawg10 Offline
Special Teams

Excuse me? Don't they have three walk-ons who, as far as I know, are healthy and would presumably love to play? Why can't they play with eight?

I've never heard of something like this. I didn't even know it was an option past the peewee level. How many college teams over the years would have loved to delay a game so they could get their injured stars back?
01-09-2021 08:34 PM
TribeFan1983 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wm & Mary
(01-09-2021 08:03 PM)LION KING Wrote:  

I call complete
BS

They would have played
It came from highet up
Shame on all of them

W&M did the right thing in agreeing to postpone the game. We now have some goodwill built up in case we run into COVID problems later on.
01-09-2021 08:36 PM
ColonelEbirt Offline
Special Teams

This is bush league. What? I’m honestly a little shocked. This is not COVID related or something like that which would be understandable and I’d be more sensitive to. You’re a D1 basketball program. Play ball.

01-09-2021 08:37 PM
LION KING Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-09-2021 08:36 PM)TribeFan1983 Wrote:  
(01-09-2021 08:03 PM)LION KING Wrote:  

I call complete
BS

They would have played
It came from highet up
Shame on all of them

W&M did the right thing in agreeing to postpone the game. We now have some goodwill built up in case we run into COVID problems later on.
This is nott 3rd grade Sunday morning basketball
W & M must want out of D 1 Sports
01-09-2021 08:46 PM
Tribal Offline

I agree...if they can't go because their best players aren't available, they should play all who can go or forfeit. They had 7 players play in each half but maybe 2 have injuries that would keep them out. Be that as it may, don't tell me 9 of their 14 player roster can't go. Mix in your scrubs and play it out.

Had this been a virus issue, then, yes, postpone because we need to protect all players/coaches.

But, Martin agreed to it, so it is what it is.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021 09:02 PM by Tribal.)
01-09-2021 08:54 PM
TDenverFan Online
All American

I'm assuming the league pressured us to agree.

It does seem like it should be a forfeit for Delaware, but other than making our record look better, it doesn't mean much.
01-09-2021 09:03 PM
Tribal Offline

(01-09-2021 09:03 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  I'm assuming the league pressured us to agree.

It does seem like it should be a forfeit for Delaware, but other than making our record look better, it doesn't mean much.
I do, too. The CAA announcement certainly makes it look like ol Joey D basically said this is what we're doing so just act like you concur.

01-09-2021 09:18 PM
ColonelEbirt Offline
Special Teams

Can you imagine, in previous years, after completing your Thursday game, phoning your Saturday opponent and saying you don’t want to play because of injuries - so let’s just postpone and play later in the year? This is only one fewer day of rest...and with no travel required. This back-to-back schedule was created so the games could be played. Come on Delaware.

01-09-2021 09:26 PM
LION KING Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-09-2021 09:03 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  I'm assuming the league pressured us to agree.

Doesn't mean much ??
I disagree.
What message are you sending to every player on every team that is not in the top 7 rotation who work and prepare just as hard as as they do ? You make a decision like this saying its for the health and well being of the students ? They warmed up 9 guys with 1 hurt. 2 more got hurt. They only played 7 in our game. So they have 5 scolly and 2 walk ons. Boohoo; In this logic we should have post poned the whole season because we have to play 4 freshman and for their health and well being we need to wait until they are more mentally and physically ready. Dah. We should never have agreeed to it. Especially with covid a legitimate threat to every single game. Lets just give all the teams a conference championship trophy too.
01-09-2021 09:36 PM
Tribester Offline
Banned

Let me be clear. The postponement of this game is total and complete garbage. Walk ons are allowed to play basketball. Are they going to cancel the rest of their season if the players stay hurt for weeks? This conference is a damn joke.
01-09-2021 09:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.