TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
RE: Rank Your SBC Rivals
1. App fans
2. App students
3. App players
4. Boone locals
5. App coaches (unless the come to/from GS)
6. App field crew
7. Keith Gill
8. Atlanta Community College
01-03-2021 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
App Twitter or message board?
01-03-2021 02:44 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(01-03-2021 02:44 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  App Twitter or message board?

Yea that to. Thanks.
01-03-2021 06:26 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
No one. Sucks being on an island.

The closest would be UL and maybe GS.
01-03-2021 06:38 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(01-03-2021 06:38 PM)slycat Wrote:  No one. Sucks being on an island.

What if Southern Miss were to make the jump to the Sun Belt? Just curious.
01-03-2021 06:50 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

(01-03-2021 06:50 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  

The thing is I love being in the SBC and don't want to go to the crappy CUSA with Texas teams. We never really had a rival in the SLC. We called SHSU that but they hated SFA more. We play UTSA annually so that's nice but their team is new and both sides don't have deep hate. Pretty sure UNT and Rice and UTEP don't care about us. We've never had a long deep hated rival.

I hope to grow one more with UL since they feel similar to us. We need to just be better. I look forward to playing GS and USA as well and stAte to a lesser extent.
01-03-2021 07:02 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(01-03-2021 07:02 PM)slycat Wrote:  

The thing is I love being in the SBC and don't want to go to the crappy CUSA with Texas teams. We never really had a rival in the SLC. We called SHSU that but they hated SFA more. We play UTSA annually so that's nice but their team is new and both sides don't have deep hate. Pretty sure UNT and Rice and UTEP don't care about us. We've never had a long deep hated rival.

I hope to grow one more with UL since they feel similar to us. We need to just be better. I look forward to playing GS and USA as well and stAte to a lesser extent.

Texas State is the program that’s in “the friend zone” we every other program. Lol

Hard to become rivals with someone when every Fam base loves to go to San Marvelous.
01-03-2021 09:59 PM
Big Buds Offline
All American

(01-03-2021 09:59 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

Texas State is the program that’s in “the friend zone” we every other program. Lol

Hard to become rivals with someone when every Fam base loves to go to San Marvelous.
San Marcos is the ****. I love Texas St. but I’m ready for them to hold up their end of the bargain. I definitely expected more from their baseball program by now. I still have faith in their massive upside.
01-03-2021 10:56 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I think for all of us, TxSt seems to have been that team that just Hasn’t turned that corner. Much like South, neither program can seem to gain traction in football. I also believe in their up side, I’m ready to see it, but once it happens I’m gonna be upset they are beating us. 04-cheers
01-03-2021 11:09 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(01-03-2021 11:09 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I think for all of us, TxSt seems to have been that team that just Hasn’t turned that corner. Much like South, neither program can seem to gain traction in football. I also believe in their up side, I’m ready to see it, but once it happens I’m gonna be upset they are beating us. 04-cheers

Ha ask CCU how quick things can turn in your favor with the right coaching hire. Ask GS how quick the wheels can come off with the wrong coaching hire.

Rivalries can develop over time particularly when your winning and the stakes are high. It's easier when your in the same state but certainly not necessary. Winning solves much of the problem.
01-04-2021 09:59 AM
NashvilleEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga. Southern
1. App
2. gastate

others not there yet. I'm honestly surprised a rivalry with Troy hasn't developed.
01-04-2021 10:09 AM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(01-03-2021 11:09 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I think for all of us, TxSt seems to have been that team that just Hasn’t turned that corner. Much like South, neither program can seem to gain traction in football. I also believe in their up side, I’m ready to see it, but once it happens I’m gonna be upset they are beating us. 04-cheers

Texas State will get there. At least they haven't been complete deadweights like some programs in the MAC and CUSA.

Their football has decent OOC wins against: Wyoming, USM, Tulsa, Ohio, and NMSU, and haven't dropped the ball on their FCS games.

Their basketball has gone 54-35 in OOC play with some nice wins that helped the conference RPI.

Their baseball has had some very nice OOC wins against: Texas, #22 Oklahoma State, #3 Houston, #12 Baylor, #24 Missouri State, #25 UConn, #12 Texas A&M, Washington State, and Michigan.

Their volleyball finished 24-2 this season with a final ranking of #11.

So even though Texas State hasn't gotten their football turned around yet, they've contributed REALLY well as a whole. They've been a great addition to the SBC.
01-04-2021 10:59 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

(01-04-2021 10:59 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

Texas State will get there. At least they haven't been complete deadweights like some programs in the MAC and CUSA.

Their football has decent OOC wins against: Wyoming, USM, Tulsa, Ohio, and NMSU, and haven't dropped the ball on their FCS games.

Their basketball has gone 54-35 in OOC play with some nice wins that helped the conference RPI.

Their baseball has had some very nice OOC wins against: Texas, #22 Oklahoma State, #3 Houston, #12 Baylor, #24 Missouri State, #25 UConn, #12 Texas A&M, Washington State, and Michigan.

Their volleyball finished 24-2 this season with a final ranking of #11.

So even though Texas State hasn't gotten their football turned around yet, they've contributed REALLY well as a whole. They've been a great addition to the SBC.

Thank you for this summary
01-04-2021 01:49 PM
tx.state Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
(01-03-2021 10:56 PM)Big Buds Wrote:  

San Marcos is the ****. I love Texas St. but I’m ready for them to hold up their end of the bargain. I definitely expected more from their baseball program by now. I still have faith in their massive upside.

TXST baseball won the conference 2 years ago. We were ready for a repeat last year and the season got cancelled. Everyone is back though and we're ranked 30th in BA preseason poll.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2021 03:58 PM by tx.state.)
01-04-2021 03:53 PM
Big Buds Offline
All American

(01-04-2021 03:53 PM)tx.state Wrote:  
(01-03-2021 06:50 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  What if Southern Miss were to make the jump to the Sun Belt? Just curious.

TXST baseball was ready last year and the season got cancelled. Everyone is back though.
Awesome! Can’t wait for the season to start! Louisiana should be at the top of the West come May...fingers crossed. I know our pitching will be downright nasty!
01-04-2021 03:57 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(01-03-2021 02:40 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  1. App fans
2. App students
3. App players
4. Boone locals
6. App field crew
7. Keith Gill
So we are the community college...[Image: giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7hyzehc1w7sci20z022...=giphy.gif]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
01-04-2021 05:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stingingeagle Offline
Special Teams

(01-04-2021 05:03 PM)panama Wrote:  
2. App students
3. App players
4. Boone locals
6. App field crew
7. Keith Gill
So we are the community college...[Image: giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7hyzehc1w7sci20z022...=giphy.gif]

Well, if you're familiar with Georgia Tech fans, you're familiar with that term
01-04-2021 05:15 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(01-04-2021 05:03 PM)panama Wrote:  
2. App students
3. App players
4. Boone locals
6. App field crew
7. Keith Gill

I mean being a community college is part of y’all’s history. Did you forget y’all used to be called Atlanta Junior College back in the day?
01-04-2021 05:35 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(01-03-2021 06:50 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  What if Southern Miss were to make the jump to the Sun Belt? Just curious.

TXST baseball won the conference 2 years ago. We were ready for a repeat last year and the season got cancelled. Everyone is back though and we're ranked 30th in BA preseason poll.

If the Sun Belt can keep progressing Texas state could be in a great position to separate themselves from the the G5 crowd in Texas. I would definitely stay the course and see how this things progress. Jumping in with the rest may provide instant rivals but if the ships sinking what good is it? Hopefully with two or three ranked teams coming into Bobcat Stadium it'll get some motors running.
01-04-2021 06:07 PM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

(01-04-2021 06:07 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  
(01-03-2021 07:02 PM)slycat Wrote:  The thing is I love being in the SBC and don't want to go to the crappy CUSA with Texas teams. We never really had a rival in the SLC. We called SHSU that but they hated SFA more. We play UTSA annually so that's nice but their team is new and both sides don't have deep hate. Pretty sure UNT and Rice and UTEP don't care about us. We've never had a long deep hated rival.

If the Sun Belt can keep progressing Texas state could be in a great position to separate themselves from the the G5 crowd in Texas. I would definitely stay the course and see how this things progress. Jumping in with the rest may provide instant rivals but if the ships sinking what good is it? Hopefully with two or three ranked teams coming into Bobcat Stadium it'll get some motors running.

Yea in years past I definitely wanted to join the CUSA Texas teams. Call me a changed man.
01-04-2021 07:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.