Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

****2021 AAC Baseball Discussion Thread****
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
RE: AAC approves new 2021 baseball schedule; over 1/2 AAC ranked in nat'l preseason poll
(02-23-2021 08:21 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  One thing Im curious about this season is the coverage baseball will get on ESPN+. I have a feeling it will be much easier and more fun to follow the baseball race this year. I think the new deal will allow AAC baseball fans to have easy access to more---and better produced---AAC baseball games this year.

I’ve been loving it. Most of our home games have been streamed on ECUpirates.com the past couple years, but having most of the games on ESPN+ is even better. I was able to watch the first hour of the ECU game at work, have it on my phone to listen through the car speakers while driving home, and finish it on the TV at home.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021 01:53 AM by Chappy.)
02-24-2021 01:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B easy Offline
1st String

RE: AAC approves new 2021 baseball schedule; over 1/2 AAC ranked in nat'l preseason poll
#13 ECU baseball downs #11 Duke 6-1 in battle of Top 25 teams (video)

https://www.witn.com/2021/02/24/ecu-base...-25-teams/
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021 10:14 AM by B easy.)
02-24-2021 10:13 AM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

I Root For: ECU & the AAC
(02-24-2021 10:13 AM)B easy Wrote:  #13 ECU baseball downs #11 Duke 6-1 in battle of Top 25 teams (video)

There seem to be so many rankings. Which one or one’s are the most recognized, because during the game I thought they said both teams were ranked in the 20’s, so obviously a different ranking or poll.

Also, maybe we should have a dedicated baseball thread for this year or can we change the subject line one this one?
02-24-2021 07:19 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

RE: ****2021 AAC Baseball Discussion Thread****
(02-24-2021 07:19 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  
(02-24-2021 10:13 AM)B easy Wrote:  #13 ECU baseball downs #11 Duke 6-1 in battle of Top 25 teams (video)

There seem to be so many rankings. Which one or one’s are the most recognized, because during the game I thought they said both teams were ranked in the 20’s, so obviously a different ranking or poll.

Also, maybe we should have a dedicated baseball thread for this year or can we change the subject line one this one?

That would be nice, but these threads tend to grow out of control. There are like 6 basketball threads right now.
02-25-2021 04:23 PM
B easy Offline
1st String

In the world of college baseball there are 5 or 6 that are deemed legit. I think ESPN uses the coaches poll once it finally produces a 2nd poll after the preseason one (about 3 weeks into the season IIRC). I think they are currently using D1 until then.

Right now ECU is:

#23 in the coaches poll (still preseason)
#22 in D1
#24 in Baseball America
#16 in Collegiate Baseball
#12 in Perfect Game
#18 in NCBWA

That's about an average of 18th overall as a composite ranking and that was all before ECU smacked around a Duke squad ranked as high as 11th. If ECU can take at least 2 of 3 @Ga So this weekend, then the Pirates should have a little bit better ranking overall next week.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2021 01:00 AM by B easy.)
02-25-2021 04:55 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

(02-25-2021 04:55 PM)B easy Wrote:  

In the world of college baseball there are 5 or 6 that are deemed legit. I think ESPN uses the coaches poll once it finally produces a 2nd poll after the preseason one (about 3 weeks into the season IIRC). I think they are currently using D1 until then.

Right now ECU is:

#23 in the coaches poll (still preseason)
#22 in D1
#24 in Baseball America
#16 in Collegiate Baseball
#13 in Perfect Game (still preseason)
#18 in NCBWA

That's about an average of 18th overall as a composite ranking and that was all before ECU smacked around a Duke squad ranked as high as 11th. If ECU can take at least 2 of 3 @Ga So this weekend, then the Pirates should have a little bit better ranking overall next week.

Thanks for the explanation. Yeah they have to at least win the series at Ga Southern to move up. Hope they can sweep. Pitching has been great so far. Heard there was a possibility we could potentially see Gavin Williams in relief this weekend.
02-25-2021 07:25 PM
DownEastPirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
Hopefully Gavin can make it back, he's had a tough time with injuries. Given his issues since he's been with us I would like to see him come back strictly as a closer. He hasn't show that he can go much past three innings and hold it together and is a high walk, high ERA guy. With that said he's also a mid 90s guy with really good strikeout ability. Seems like it would be in his best interest this year and long term in MLB to be able to focus on one inning. Won't have to overthink things, just go out and bring it for 3 outs.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2021 08:40 AM by DownEastPirate.)
02-26-2021 08:31 AM
WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
(02-24-2021 01:53 AM)Chappy Wrote:  
(02-23-2021 08:21 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  One thing Im curious about this season is the coverage baseball will get on ESPN+. I have a feeling it will be much easier and more fun to follow the baseball race this year. I think the new deal will allow AAC baseball fans to have easy access to more---and better produced---AAC baseball games this year.

I’ve been loving it. Most of our home games have been streamed on ECUpirates.com the past couple years, but having most of the games on ESPN+ is even better. I was able to watch the first hour of the ECU game at work, have it on my phone to listen through the car speakers while driving home, and finish it on the TV at home.

Sole reason I finally broke down and got a subscription
02-26-2021 09:07 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(02-26-2021 09:07 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  

I don't know how it's been for everyone else, but my only gripe about the ESPN+ thing (I also have a subscription), is that the production value of non-ESPN+ content has taken a step down.

In prior years, the productiuon value of baseball streamed on ECUPirates.com was comparable to what you see on ESPN+ now, which shouldn't be a problem if you have ESPN+, right?

The problem is that we only have the capability to produce one ESPN-quality broadcast per day. On top of that, for some stupid reason, the conference and ESPN require us to prioritize basketball (both mens and womens) over any other sports, regardless of which one is the best draw at the time.

So, for example, ECU's baseball game in the middle of the series last Saturday conflicted with an ECU womens basketball game, and was relegated to ECUPirates.com. This would normally be fine. The production value of what is now on ECUPirates.com, however, is the single-camera BS that we see from PAC-12 away games. Total garbage.

My hope for the future is that either a) the production will improve, or b) the individual universities will be able to prioritize the contests that make the most sense to put on +.
02-26-2021 11:10 AM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
At least we're not the worst baseball team in the state

USFFan
02-26-2021 06:50 PM
TU77CAL82 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulane
Tulane over #5 Mississipi State, 7-3
UCF over #1 Ole Miss, 3-2
02-26-2021 08:16 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I wish our basketball programs could mulch down T25 wins like the baseball teams do.
02-26-2021 08:30 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Pirates take game one 6-4 @ Georgia Southern. Use 6 pitchers out of the BP. ECU is deep with pitching.
02-26-2021 10:32 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(02-26-2021 11:10 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  

I don't know how it's been for everyone else, but my only gripe about the ESPN+ thing (I also have a subscription), is that the production value of non-ESPN+ content has taken a step down.

In prior years, the productiuon value of baseball streamed on ECUPirates.com was comparable to what you see on ESPN+ now, which shouldn't be a problem if you have ESPN+, right?

The problem is that we only have the capability to produce one ESPN-quality broadcast per day. On top of that, for some stupid reason, the conference and ESPN require us to prioritize basketball (both mens and womens) over any other sports, regardless of which one is the best draw at the time.

So, for example, ECU's baseball game in the middle of the series last Saturday conflicted with an ECU womens basketball game, and was relegated to ECUPirates.com. This would normally be fine. The production value of what is now on ECUPirates.com, however, is the single-camera BS that we see from PAC-12 away games. Total garbage.

My hope for the future is that either a) the production will improve, or b) the individual universities will be able to prioritize the contests that make the most sense to put on +.

Tonights game against GSU was God awful in regard to production quality.
02-26-2021 10:34 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

(02-26-2021 10:34 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

Yeah I thought there was something up with my internet at first. Jerky movements with some of the camera angles. And the sudden lag an acceleration of the video stream was constant. It was bad.
02-26-2021 10:42 PM
mikeinoki Offline
Gone to Seed

I Root For: JDB
(02-26-2021 08:16 PM)TU77CAL82 Wrote:  Tulane over #5 Mississipi State, 7-3

P6 in baseball 02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana
02-26-2021 10:42 PM
mikeinoki Offline
Gone to Seed

I Root For: JDB
(02-26-2021 10:42 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  
(02-24-2021 01:53 AM)Chappy Wrote:  I’ve been loving it. Most of our home games have been streamed on ECUpirates.com the past couple years, but having most of the games on ESPN+ is even better. I was able to watch the first hour of the ECU game at work, have it on my phone to listen through the car speakers while driving home, and finish it on the TV at home.

Yeah I thought there was something up with my internet at first. Jerky movements with some of the camera angles. And the sudden lag an acceleration of the video stream was constant. It was bad.

I had to listen to most of the game due to travel. Corey sounded great. ESPN+ needs to let every school use their regular announcers for every sport. That would be a massive upgrade.
02-26-2021 10:46 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

(02-26-2021 10:42 PM)mikeinoki Wrote:  

P6 in baseball 02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana

Great great wins! Now win the series against them.
02-26-2021 10:50 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

(02-26-2021 10:46 PM)mikeinoki Wrote:  
(02-26-2021 10:42 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  
(02-26-2021 09:07 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  Sole reason I finally broke down and got a subscription

I had to listen to most of the game due to travel. Corey sounded great. ESPN+ needs to let every school use their regular announcers for every sport. That would be a massive upgrade.
I should’ve listened to Corey. He is much better. Tomorrow, I will have him on while I watch.
02-26-2021 10:55 PM
Greenwavedrownsacat Offline
Special Teams

Huge. Tulane up again today in the second inning.
02-27-2021 03:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.