Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will Hall- Great Hire!
Bookmark and Share
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Will Hall- Great Hire!
Will Hall is a great hire. He will have a tremendous impact on this program. This impact will be felt immediately. I read a little about him before the hire, but have seen much more since the announcement. I knew Jeremy would make the best hire and he did. We now have the best AD and HC we have had in YEARS. Things are finally looking up. WH will bring in the best recruits we have had since Fedora and will likely surpass his classes. This will be evident by THIS years class, even with a shorter than normal time to recruit. This is the most confidece I have had in the program in a long, long time. SMTTT!

EDIT- And Tulane's top recruit decommitted today. I would expect he commits to USM now. He is a 3-star QB with offers from Auburn, Nebraska, Oregon, MSU and UM among others. Nice battling them, rather than Alabama State for players.

I also expect Plumlee to transfer. If these things happen, the QB position will be set for years. Hall was a great QB and understands its the most important position on the field.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020 01:48 PM by Reggie Favre.)
12-06-2020 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BIG PINEAPPLE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: HAWAII
RE: Will Hall- Great Hire!
I can't agree more. The best coaching hire in a long time. He's got energy, connections, and a great vision for the program.
12-08-2020 07:58 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

And there's Tulane's top commit flipping to USM, as i referenced in top post. Big get!
12-13-2020 06:21 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

12-16-2020 11:53 PM
Advertisement

Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

If Tulane makes him a serious offer, do you think he bolts?

There are a few reasons I hope he wouldn't, but I'm not naïve and we all know money talks.

If they do offer I would hope we would make some attempt to keep him otherwise both sides are just feeding each other B.S.
11-28-2022 03:39 PM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

What happened to Tulane's coach?
11-28-2022 04:04 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2022 04:04 PM)Golden Fogg Wrote:  What happened to Tulane's coach?
Close to signing with Georgia Tech.
11-28-2022 04:36 PM
Advertisement

Feral Eagle Offline
Water Engineer

While anything's possible, I doubt Will Hall would go back to Tulane. It would at best be a lateral move, with the AAC losing UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati. To my own surprise, the Sun Belt Conference might turn out to be the best Group of 5 conference after expansion is complete. I don't think any other G5 conference can claim anything close to having defeated Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Nebraska and Virginia Tech. Also one of Will Hall's key points was returning to his home state and successfully recruiting it with all the connections he has here. It seems he would sort of be flushing that away if he went back to Tulane.
11-28-2022 05:28 PM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
Hall promised the players and recruits he would be here for 5 years minimum when he started. While talk is becoming increasingly worthless these days I lean toward Hall being a man of his word.
11-28-2022 10:02 PM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

(11-28-2022 05:28 PM)Feral Eagle Wrote:  While anything's possible, I doubt Will Hall would go back to Tulane. It would at best be a lateral move, with the AAC losing UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati. To my own surprise, the Sun Belt Conference might turn out to be the best Group of 5 conference after expansion is complete. I don't think any other G5 conference can claim anything close to having defeated Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Nebraska and Virginia Tech. Also one of Will Hall's key points was returning to his home state and successfully recruiting it with all the connections he has here. It seems he would sort of be flushing that away if he went back to Tulane.

Losing him to Tulane would be a punch in the gut. We're by far the better program, the one thing they have over us is money, which I acknowledge is very important but so is culture, tradition, potential and expectations.

This is the best season they've had since 1998, until this year they've had 17 losing seasons, just went 2-10 last year, so this season is an abberation for them. I think it's easier to win at USM and launch yourself into a better job. USM losing a coach to Tulane would change the pecking order between the schools
11-29-2022 08:26 AM
Advertisement

Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

(11-28-2022 10:02 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  Hall promised the players and recruits he would be here for 5 years minimum when he started. While talk is becoming increasingly worthless these days I lean toward Hall being a man of his word.

Also this. I've heard him say this is where he wants to be and he loves it here, so taking off at the first chance he has would show he's just full of ****. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect him to leave one day for a better-paying job but not after going 6-6 in year 2 to freaking Tulane.
11-29-2022 08:36 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
I don't expect him to bolt. Nothing to back it up really.
11-29-2022 09:02 AM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

Can someone tell me what AIE stands for?
12-15-2022 08:02 AM
Advertisement

EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
Attitude is everything
12-15-2022 08:25 AM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

(12-15-2022 08:25 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  Attitude is everything

Thanks, I keep seeing it but couldn't find the definition anywhere.
12-15-2022 11:15 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Attendance
Is
Essential
12-15-2022 11:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.