Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ODU @ feces
CalODUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: ODU @ feces
(12-12-2020 07:24 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  
(12-12-2020 07:09 PM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  
(12-12-2020 06:56 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  There is not a single posting ODU fan that his as positive on our team as these announcers.

We did have four players in double figures. As bad as the TOs looked, we only turned it two more times than VCU. I think you sit X more and give Trice more minutes.

Trice needs to be in the starting rotation. He is our most consistent player.

I would start Trice over Green. Maybe even over Kalu who may be more effective off the bench.
12-12-2020 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
Ive been a Curry fan since last year, and he's had great moments this year, but dude didnt get it done today. I agree with the comments about Trice. He's been a pleasant surprise. Reese is doing well too. Zip is hit or miss, but when he's on, he's on. Its the backcourt thats a mess. Im about ready to give up on JJ coached teams. Im tired of thinking "wait until next year". This was the year we finally had the upper hand on the Rams. I love the Monarchs, but man, its hard to watch. I sat through all that ugly ball last year looking forward to this year. Ughhhhhhh.
12-12-2020 07:50 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
(12-12-2020 07:50 PM)monarx Wrote:  Ive been a Curry fan since last year, and he's had great moments this year, but dude didnt get it done today. I agree with the comments about Trice. He's been a pleasant surprise. Reese is doing well too. Zip is hit or miss, but when he's on, he's on. Its the backcourt thats a mess. Im about ready to give up on JJ coached teams. Im tired of thinking "wait until next year". This was the year we finally had the upper hand on the Rams. I love the Monarchs, but man, its hard to watch. I sat through all that ugly ball last year looking forward to this year. Ughhhhhhh.

I struggle with measuring how much our investment in football and move to CUSA has damaged our basketball program - and, most importantly, recruiting. VCU has a substantial leg up on us in recruiting when they are able to reinforce they are 100% dedicated to basketball and play in the A10. We were on a level playing field when we were both in the same conference. But that ship has sailed and here we are.
12-12-2020 08:17 PM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

(12-12-2020 08:13 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  
(12-12-2020 07:50 PM)monarx Wrote:  Ive been a Curry fan since last year, and he's had great moments this year, but dude didnt get it done today. I agree with the comments about Trice. He's been a pleasant surprise. Reese is doing well too. Zip is hit or miss, but when he's on, he's on. Its the backcourt thats a mess. Im about ready to give up on JJ coached teams. Im tired of thinking "wait until next year". This was the year we finally had the upper hand on the Rams. I love the Monarchs, but man, its hard to watch. I sat through all that ugly ball last year looking forward to this year. Ughhhhhhh.

I struggle with measuring how much our investment in football and move to CUSA has damaged our basketball program - and, most importantly, recruiting. VCU has a substantial leg up on us in recruiting when they are able to reinforce they are 100% dedicated to basketball and play in the A10. We were on level playing fields when we were both in the same conference. But that ship has sailed and here we are.

That doesn't explain why programs like Western Kentucky, Marshall, and North Texas have passed us by during JJ's tenure. I'm afraid he peaked in 2018-19, and is washed up.
12-12-2020 08:17 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

(12-12-2020 08:17 PM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  

I struggle with measuring how much our investment in football and move to CUSA has damaged our basketball program - and, most importantly, recruiting. VCU has a substantial leg up on us in recruiting when they are able to reinforce they are 100% dedicated to basketball and play in the A10. We were on level playing fields when we were both in the same conference. But that ship has sailed and here we are.

That doesn't explain why programs like Western Kentucky, Marshall, and North Texas have passed us by during JJ's tenure. I'm afraid he peaked in 2018-19, and is washed up.

I’m not defending Jones - because I’m ready for change - but saying someone peaked two years ago isn’t a strong argument for change. Especially after he beat a more talented WKU team in the title game.
12-12-2020 08:27 PM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

(12-12-2020 08:27 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  
(12-12-2020 08:17 PM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  

I’m not defending Jones - because I’m ready for change - but saying someone peaked two years ago isn’t a strong argument for change. Especially after he beat a more talented WKU team in the title game.

Unfortunately, that seems like ancient history.

We know what we were last year. This year we've played two borderline Top 50 teams (if VCU is even that good). Both were blowout losses.
12-12-2020 08:34 PM
The Doctor Is In Offline
Special Teams

The academics at odu have become nothing special. Combine that with unsafe neighborhoods surrounding the campus, an almost non existent relationship with the power gods in Richmond, and an athletic department (despite a more than sufficient flow of donor contributions) that just can’t seem to get it right and there you have it. Never have so few done so little for so many with so much. Changes are needed!
12-12-2020 08:45 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-12-2020 08:45 PM)The Doctor Is In Wrote:  The academics at odu have become nothing special. Combine that with unsafe neighborhoods surrounding the campus, an almost non existent relationship with the power gods in Richmond, and an athletic department (despite a more than sufficient flow of donor contributions) that just can’t seem to get it right and there you have it. Never have so few done so little for so many with so much. Changes are needed!

I hope you’re wrong, but afraid you’re right. I do think the EVMS merger would help, as would a move to the A10. Only the school and city can do anything about the area. Though I thought that had improved some. And certainly VCU has just as bad a problem in that regard.
12-12-2020 08:49 PM
The Doctor Is In Offline
Special Teams

The problem at that school is a lack of focus on the right things for any length of time. Oh, is the world class maglev still there?
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2020 09:03 PM by The Doctor Is In.)
12-12-2020 08:59 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

(12-12-2020 08:59 PM)The Doctor Is In Wrote:  The problem at that school is a lack of focus on the right things for any length of time. Oh, is the world class maglev still there?

”at that school”? Did you attend that school, ODU?
12-12-2020 09:17 PM
ODUDon Offline
Special Teams

Football has boosted support for basketball. ODU leads C-USA in attendance year after year. We have a coach who is a lousy recruiter. Our sister, state institution just whipped us with 4 freshmen. I refuse to believe ODU cannot perform at the same level. It’s time for JJ to enjoy the cushy state retirement benefits.
12-12-2020 09:31 PM
The Doctor Is In Offline
Special Teams

(12-12-2020 09:17 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  
(12-12-2020 08:59 PM)The Doctor Is In Wrote:  The problem at that school is a lack of focus on the right things for any length of time. Oh, is the world class maglev still there?

I did and let’s not start down a trail that calls loyalty into question. Changes are needed and any of us who have followed (and financially supported) odu over the past 50 years knows that. Right now, it is that school. It is certainly not the school that I graduated from.
12-12-2020 09:34 PM
ODU2011 Offline
1st String

(12-12-2020 09:34 PM)The Doctor Is In Wrote:  

I did and let’s not start down a trail that calls loyalty into question. Changes are needed and any of us who have followed (and financially supported) odu over the past 50 years knows that. Right now, it is that school. It is certainly not the school that I graduated from.

We are all pessimistic right now, but your take is a bit over the top. I agree to some extent, but some of your claims are unsubstantiated. To put things in perspective, you probably would not have even thought to make that post with the blow out loss tonight. It’s evident in your maglev comment, which has been there as long as most posters on this board attended ODU.
12-12-2020 09:48 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

(12-12-2020 09:34 PM)The Doctor Is In Wrote:  

Odd and disrespectful reference - “that school.”
12-12-2020 09:49 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(12-12-2020 08:45 PM)The Doctor Is In Wrote:  The academics at odu have become nothing special. Combine that with unsafe neighborhoods surrounding the campus, an almost non existent relationship with the power gods in Richmond, and an athletic department (despite a more than sufficient flow of donor contributions) that just can’t seem to get it right and there you have it. Never have so few done so little for so many with so much. Changes are needed!

Not sure what you’re basing your line on unsafe neighborhoods hampering us? All Lamberts Point and Park Place have done since I moved to Norfolk in 2010 is improve.
12-12-2020 09:56 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

Let me guess “doc.” You received your undergrad from ODU and then went to another school and forgot your roots - and pined for ODU to gain the same stature as UVA or VT. My nephew went to ODU and then UVA for medical school and is a doctor now. And he would never refer to ODU as “that school.”
12-12-2020 09:58 PM
ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

I love ODU and we can do so much better... Time for some changes...
12-12-2020 10:04 PM
The Doctor Is In Offline
Special Teams

(12-12-2020 10:04 PM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  I love ODU and we can do so much better... Time for some changes...

Here, here! Another reasonable man in the house!
12-12-2020 10:53 PM
The Doctor Is In Offline
Special Teams

(12-12-2020 09:56 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  

Not sure what you’re basing your line on unsafe neighborhoods hampering us? All Lamberts Point and Park Place have done since I moved to Norfolk in 2010 is improve.

Norfolk Police Department keeps records of crime both on campus and in adjoining neighborhoods. You can search the records and run queries on the various types of crime overtime. And I have no reason to doubt your experiences in specific circumstances.
12-12-2020 11:30 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

Quack, please keep educating us from that school.
12-12-2020 11:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.