Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Future MBB Schedule
Bookmark and Share
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
RE: Future MBB Schedule (2020+)
(09-17-2021 08:07 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  
(09-16-2021 09:47 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  I still think it’s easier for JMU women to schedule then the men- as the men win more and are a more reliable opponent from a strength of schedule perspective I think you’ll see the two be more similar.

Yep, no doubt the lady Dukes are seen as a quality opponent that helps the power rating for prominent programs while the men are seen as a drain to the NET rating. The willingness to play in Harrisonburg has to come with some reward for the power team.

However, road games against power schools are always available. You can certainly go overboard like Coppin state and play all 13 OOC games on the road to fund your athletic department, but to have zero speaks volumes about avoiding the best teams.

UVA is a great get at home and what the program planned for to open the new arena. There is no reason JMU couldn’t also play on the road at ACC, SEC, Big East, Big 10 schools every year. Pick a number for what you think is balanced. Play 1,2,3 on the road every year and put a little cash in the coffers while doing so.
Scrap the Alice Lloyd home “game” and go test your team. That is the only way to get better.

What we know - power programs play very few road games(if any) in the OOC. They are begging for opponents to come play them every year so they can generate revenue of $500k to $1MM per game.
CoC is usually pretty good at getting a couple of power teams each year on their schedule.

Fair point- I’d like to see us play one or two real non conference road tests per season. I guess the question is with COC Northeastern and others how many of those are one off/guaranteed games vs series (even 1 for 2). I’m cool with the one off pay day games and JMU had them last season that were unfortunately cancelled (Florida) and another as part of a tourney (GTech). I’d be cool with higher level Big East and A-10 even for one off pay days with the hopes that we would get more series as we continue to improve. I think here they were also looking for home inventory for next year so they wanted road games with a guaranteed return next year.
09-17-2021 09:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
09-17-2021 11:06 AM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
Interesting points in Mettlen’s tweets about the differences in men’s and women’s scheduling. I think Harts numbers on payday amounts for hoops are out of whack. Not sure if that’s what he meant but not in the hundreds of thousands.
09-17-2021 11:57 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
A couple COVID-19 related cancellations for CSU, can we pick up their games at Kent State (rematch) and/or Duke?

12-16-2021 11:23 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
(12-16-2021 11:23 AM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  A couple COVID-19 related cancellations for CSU, can we pick up their games at Kent State (rematch) and/or Duke?

not unless one of our opponent's has a COVID pause. JMU is at the max 31 games scheduled right now.

Or coach By could show giant gonads by agreeing to play at Duke for $$$ and using that money to buy out Morgan State. JMU would only have to bump up its anticipated game a few days.

How awesome would that be?

edit - too late. Loyola already jumped on that Duke game and took Cleveland State's spot. The quick and the dead just like last year's wild west of scheduling.
12-16-2021 07:07 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

It looks like COVID pauses are on the uptick again this year and of course that sucks.
14 games were postponed or cancelled yesterday. We can expect to see more.
Perhaps coach can turn lemons into lemonade.

If there has to be an opponent that cancels a game it would be ideal to be in the next 5 games, all of which are on the road. If it happens, that frees up JMU to schedule a P7 program that has also had a cancellation. Lots of big blue bloods out there now looking for another home game.
JMU could get some cash and upgrade their SOS at the same time with a chance to pull off a marquee upset.

With that being said, I hope JMU does not have COVID pauses due to problems on their own team. The last thing we need is for momentum to be stalled.

Lastly, does anyone know if Joey D had changed his COVID policy for this year? Last year was a train wreck and the CAA had the least number of games played compared to all 33 conferences due to his Laissez Faire “leadership”. We saw teams ducking opponents and cancelling CAA games especially when having to play on the road. Then miraculously being healthy to reschedule home games on those same dates.
Please tell me Joey D won’t be the buffoon again.
12-19-2021 11:33 AM
jmu007 Offline
All American

(12-19-2021 11:33 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Please tell me Joey D won’t be the buffoon again.

I mean... I could tell you that, but we all know I'd by lying to you.
12-19-2021 03:13 PM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

(12-19-2021 11:33 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Please tell me Joey D won’t be the buffoon again.

[Image: 1*ft9u4epdwUZ7gqvvvWxV1g.gif]
12-20-2021 12:10 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
Testing asymptomatic vaccinated people is the dumbest policy perhaps ever thrusted upon the world.
12-20-2021 12:12 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
And the Dukes suddenly have an opening on the schedule.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021 01:59 PM by Deez Nuts.)
12-20-2021 01:59 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

An opening they don’t plan on filling anytime soon.

12-20-2021 04:26 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

(12-16-2021 07:07 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  not unless one of our opponent's has a COVID pause. JMU is at the max 31 games scheduled right now.

Or coach By could show giant gonads by agreeing to play at Duke for $$$ and using that money to buy out Morgan State. JMU would only have to bump up its anticipated game a few days.

How awesome would that be?

edit - too late. Loyola already jumped on that Duke game and took Cleveland State's spot. The quick and the dead just like last year's wild west of scheduling.
Motherf&$#’n Morgan State! Hot damn, if we knew then what we know now.03-nutkick

Mettlen Wrote:Had JMU been able to predict Morgan State’s issues, its schedule may have gotten a significant boost. No. 2 Duke’s coaching staff called JMU last week after its game against Cleveland State was canceled, but at the time James Madison had the NCAA maximum number of games on the schedule.
12-20-2021 04:30 PM
jmudukes001 Offline
Special Teams

VCU was looking for an opponent last Saturday too. That would have been fun.

I hope if Covid stuff continues, we can somehow schedule a game with Richmond or VCU.
12-20-2021 06:12 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Noooooo. We were that close to a game in Cameron indoor stadium when students are out of session. That is about the only time you can get tickets for a reasonable amount of money and it would have been a must attend event. Every game sells out, but those December games after finals are relatively easy to secure entry.

I once walked into a Duke game vs Oklahoma getting 3 tickets for $20, not $20 each but a total of $20. 04-jawdrop only missed the first 10 minutes and elbowed our way into the 4th row on the sideline which is all SRO anyway.
It is the only time I have ever been sweating as a fan in an arena. Even in cool December temps, that building was a furnace.

We’ll, now we have a game to fill and roughly 10 days are under consideration. Once the CAA regular season starts on Dec 31st I doubt coach By will add an OOC game, unless, unless, unless other cancelations occur. There are roughly 10 P7 teams looking for a game now. Let’s go to the DeanDome at UNC or Rupp Arena at Kentucky. Both need a game Git-r-done

This could possibly impact the schedule all the way into March if things mirror last year. While the CAA is playing it’s conference tourney March 6th-9th, JMU could schedule regular season games with P7 schools whose regular season lasts one week longer than the CAA.
12-20-2021 07:35 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I’m with you on the Dean Dome, let’s get it done! 04-cheers
12-20-2021 07:48 PM
Anders Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU, Boston Col
05-24-2022 05:21 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Nice! Sounds like another road trip to try and swing!
05-24-2022 05:56 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

(05-24-2022 05:21 PM)Anders Wrote:  
Boom! Count me in!!!
05-24-2022 07:52 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Now this is the type of news that we need during the Summer doldrums when games aren’t being played.
Nice payday… check
Driveable road game..Check
Chance to knock off a Blue Blood…check
Easily recognizable opponent by All of our fans… check

Well done. Coach is keeping his word that he would ramp up the schedule.
Could we see more? He has hinted at it.

We have 2 top notch games At UVA, At UNC. I’m guessing JMU will have 12 OOC games if they get in a MTE so there is plenty of space to get some more big games.
05-24-2022 08:19 PM
devyanks90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion

Folding@NCAAbbs
Have ya'll heard anything about the status of your series with Mason?

Interested to see if you're facing the same issues we are with home and homes vs. A10 teams as we are.
05-24-2022 09:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.