Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Did Marshall turn down a game with BYU?
Bookmark and Share
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
RE: Did Marshall turn down a game with BYU?
(12-04-2020 09:38 AM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  So let’s get this straight:

1) A LaTech fan makes baseless accusations and demands we prove otherwise, so the burden is on the defense not the prosecution. Doesn’t work like that, professor. Sour grapes because we beat the ever loving crap out of you? 0-3 homeboy.

2) We are playing Rice this weekend so we could get another conference game in to eliminate the possibility of us being left out of the ccg on a technicality.

3) We didnt dodge a RANKED App State, so its idiotic to think we would dodge BYU when that would catapult us just below Cincy

4) I love how misery loves company with your (LT) coming up short yet again and want to piss on other people’s parade.

Oooooo....somebody is insecure and defensive. LOL!

Why do you Marshall fans keep talking about baseless accusations? Nobody has said anything expect Marshall EXCEPT that they didn't schedule a game with BYU when they COULD HAVE for 12/5. And that's TRUE. You didn't. So now, your nationally ranked team is stuck playing a Rice team that's won 10 football games in the last 5 years. A win over Rice in December isn't going to impress anyone.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2020 01:28 AM by HogDawg.)
12-05-2020 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

(12-04-2020 10:27 AM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  Seems to be the case now for whatever reason. I used to come to the defense of LT, not anymore.

Lighten up, Francis....

12-05-2020 01:26 AM
ThunderingHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-05-2020 01:17 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  

1) A LaTech fan makes baseless accusations and demands we prove otherwise, so the burden is on the defense not the prosecution. Doesn’t work like that, professor. Sour grapes because we beat the ever loving crap out of you? 0-3 homeboy.

2) We are playing Rice this weekend so we could get another conference game in to eliminate the possibility of us being left out of the ccg on a technicality.

3) We didnt dodge a RANKED App State, so its idiotic to think we would dodge BYU when that would catapult us just below Cincy

4) I love how misery loves company with your (LT) coming up short yet again and want to piss on other people’s parade.

Why do you Marshall fans keep talking about baseless accusations? Nobody has said anything expect Marshall EXCEPT that they didn't schedule a game with BYU when they COULD HAVE for 12/5. And that's TRUE. You didn't. So now, your nationally ranked team is stuck playing a Rice team that's won 10 football games in the last 5 years. A win over Rice in December isn't going to impress anyone.

It’s a conference game. You can’t just tell the league you’re not going to play a conference game so you can play a non-conference game. That’s simply not how this works.

I realize you’re trolling a bit but this is getting ridiculous.

When the league moves the championship game from 12/4-12/5 and says leave 12/5 and 12/12 weekends free for any conference games that need played due to ppd games, you aren’t free to ignore that and schedule somebody else.

Marshall had an agreement with ECU to play there 12/5 if the league didn’t require a game, but it did. And ECU means far more to Marshall this particular year than anyone else outside of the league.

For all you know, Marshall and BYU could have had that agreement. They didn’t, but you couldn’t know that for certain.

Now go back to harassing the league’s school of choice in Birmingham.
12-05-2020 02:30 AM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
(12-04-2020 08:03 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  
(12-04-2020 07:19 PM)Tech80 Wrote:  
(12-04-2020 10:10 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Does LA Tech enjoy pissing off every fanbase?

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Or, it's just a silly message board and folks shouldn't get their panties in wad...which, BTW, only encourages the banter to continue.

COGS

clt encourages la tech fans to post on a cusa chat page, they are in our conference.

04-cheers
12-05-2020 07:46 AM
Tech80 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(12-04-2020 11:45 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  
(12-04-2020 04:35 AM)Tech80 Wrote:  When did BYU and Liberty agree to play? And how is it, with LU out of the picture, Coastal and BYU got a game scheduled so quickly?

I'll wait....

Oh, and I'll add, other schools across the nation manage to schedule games over night. Tech picked up TCU like that [snaps fingers]. Also, three CUSA schools managed to schedule BYU this year...although I wish we hadn't...but Marshall has managed to avoid them. Not that it matters, MU is nothing more than the tallest midget in the room...enjoy your bowl vs. a MAC opponent. Hey! maybe y'all will draw Buffalo and that RB who is averaging 400 yards a game!!! Well, not quite, but he's good.

We'll be playing in a Bowl game when you'll just be playing with yourself.

Tech80's Mom: You've been in there an awful long time, is everything ok?

Tech 80: Shut up mom... leave me alone!!!!

Need to work on your comebacks...very weak.

As for playing in a bowl...I'm guessing Tech will be in a bowl game, just as "prestigious" as the mighty Thundering Turd! (kind of weak...I know)

Nope...the truth is you goofy MU fans have been lobbying all year...this messed up virus-ruined year...to be declared "Marshall the Almighty!" Starved for attention. Like, hey guys, look at us! Then when no one is interested...you scream louder, "Hey guys, we're over here! We haven't beaten anybody...but that's only because we haven't played anybody worth a damn, but that's not our fault." Schedule BYU. Then you're like...what? Ah...okay, then make up all kinds of stupid excuses why you couldn't schedule them, when their schedule was wide open and THREE other CUSA teams did, now a Belch team has.

Go back to your corner and keep telling yourself how great you are.
12-05-2020 08:13 AM
ThunderingHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-05-2020 08:13 AM)Tech80 Wrote:  
(12-04-2020 04:35 AM)Tech80 Wrote:  When did BYU and Liberty agree to play? And how is it, with LU out of the picture, Coastal and BYU got a game scheduled so quickly?

I'll wait....

Oh, and I'll add, other schools across the nation manage to schedule games over night. Tech picked up TCU like that [snaps fingers]. Also, three CUSA schools managed to schedule BYU this year...although I wish we hadn't...but Marshall has managed to avoid them. Not that it matters, MU is nothing more than the tallest midget in the room...enjoy your bowl vs. a MAC opponent. Hey! maybe y'all will draw Buffalo and that RB who is averaging 400 yards a game!!! Well, not quite, but he's good.

As for playing in a bowl...I'm guessing Tech will be in a bowl game, just as "prestigious" as the mighty Thundering Turd! (kind of weak...I know)

Nope...the truth is you goofy MU fans have been lobbying all year...this messed up virus-ruined year...to be declared "Marshall the Almighty!" Starved for attention. Like, hey guys, look at us! Then when no one is interested...you scream louder, "Hey guys, we're over here! We haven't beaten anybody...but that's only because we haven't played anybody worth a damn, but that's not our fault." Schedule BYU. Then you're like...what? Ah...okay, then make up all kinds of stupid excuses why you couldn't schedule them, when their schedule was wide open and THREE other CUSA teams did, now a Belch team has.

We looked pretty great in Ruston earlier this year. Too bad you guys couldn’t go be a quality win for the Herd. That’s on you.

BYU plucked all those CUSA schools on their originally scheduled open weeks, and more than a few days in advance.

BYU played La. Tech on 10/2. La. Tech was open all along that weekend. Marshall was scheduled to host Rice. Rice just didn’t bother to get around to starting football in time to play that game. The postponement was announced Sept. 7.

BYU played UTSA on 10/10. That was UTSA’s scheduled open week all along. Marshall played a conference game at Western Kentucky that night.

BYU played Western Kentucky on 10/31. WKU was open that day once Old Dominion announced they weren’t playing this year. Marshall was scheduled to play at FIU that night, but that game was postponed earlier in the week.

BYU had announced all 3 league opponents by 9/14.

All of that said, I hope you guys destroy TCU next weekend.
12-05-2020 08:30 AM
Tech80 Offline
1st String

(12-05-2020 08:30 AM)ThunderingHerdFan Wrote:  

I'll wait....

We looked pretty great in Ruston earlier this year. Too bad you guys couldn’t go be a quality win for the Herd. That’s on you.

BYU plucked all those CUSA schools on their originally scheduled open weeks, and more than a few days in advance.

BYU played La. Tech on 10/2. La. Tech was open all along that weekend. Marshall was scheduled to host Rice. Rice just didn’t bother to get around to starting football in time to play that game. The postponement was announced Sept. 7.

BYU played UTSA on 10/10. That was UTSA’s scheduled open week all along. Marshall played a conference game at Western Kentucky that night.

BYU played Western Kentucky on 10/31. WKU was open that day once Old Dominion announced they weren’t playing this year. Marshall was scheduled to play at FIU that night, but that game was postponed earlier in the week.

Dang! this is a "reasonable" reply. How do you expect me to send you barbs if you're gonna post something like this? Well, I have acknowledged y'all are the TALLEST midget in the CUSA room. That's something, ain't it? Beats being a run-of-the-mill, average midget like us!
12-05-2020 11:03 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(12-05-2020 01:09 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  
(12-04-2020 08:37 AM)Tech80 Wrote:  Oh! it was LU vs. Coastal that got cancelled, and BYU managed to slip in to fill the vacant spot. Well, well...amazing what can be done when a team is WILLING to accept a bit of a challenge. BYU's 2020 schedule got destroyed by the virus, and as a result they have had to piece together games the best they could. I salute them for jumping on this opportunity to play Coastal. Yeah, CC is probably a little over-rated and all of that, but on paper they are unbeaten and ranked. Coastal is risking their unbeaten season by playing BYU, but they know whatever slim chance they had of being the NY6 participant depends on beefing up their resume'. Good for them!

As for Marshall, when it comes to the NY6, STFU! Accept your "tallest midget" trophy and go beat a MAC team in some minor bowl...

That's exactly what happened today on ESPN radio. The two radio announcers saluted Coastal Carolina and BYU for "not being afraid to play an undefeated team". They also questioned out loud why nationally ranked Marshall had not done the same. (This is exactly what I said would happen) The announcers actually talked a lot about the upcoming BYU-CC game, and did a really good job of promoting interest in the game. They said "for you folks out there that are not familiar with Coastal, get in the game! You need to do your home work and know who this program is." Etc....etc...They had a lot of good things to say about Coastal.

The ONLY reason BYU is at coastal is because Gameday is there. Period. Otherwise, they’d be playing UCLA
12-05-2020 11:54 AM
Tech80 Offline
1st String

(12-05-2020 11:54 AM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  
(12-05-2020 01:09 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  
(12-04-2020 08:37 AM)Tech80 Wrote:  Oh! it was LU vs. Coastal that got cancelled, and BYU managed to slip in to fill the vacant spot. Well, well...amazing what can be done when a team is WILLING to accept a bit of a challenge. BYU's 2020 schedule got destroyed by the virus, and as a result they have had to piece together games the best they could. I salute them for jumping on this opportunity to play Coastal. Yeah, CC is probably a little over-rated and all of that, but on paper they are unbeaten and ranked. Coastal is risking their unbeaten season by playing BYU, but they know whatever slim chance they had of being the NY6 participant depends on beefing up their resume'. Good for them!

As for Marshall, when it comes to the NY6, STFU! Accept your "tallest midget" trophy and go beat a MAC team in some minor bowl...

That's exactly what happened today on ESPN radio. The two radio announcers saluted Coastal Carolina and BYU for "not being afraid to play an undefeated team". They also questioned out loud why nationally ranked Marshall had not done the same. (This is exactly what I said would happen) The announcers actually talked a lot about the upcoming BYU-CC game, and did a really good job of promoting interest in the game. They said "for you folks out there that are not familiar with Coastal, get in the game! You need to do your home work and know who this program is." Etc....etc...They had a lot of good things to say about Coastal.

The ONLY reason BYU is at coastal is because Gameday is there. Period. Otherwise, they’d be playing UCLA

So, you're saying Gameday was all set to go to Coastal and BYU jumped in just because they were going to be there even if there was to be no game (with Liberty cancelling). And BYU left UCLA hanging at the last minute? Sounds like BS to me. But, it doesn't matter. The bottom line is two 9-0 teams are willing to put their unbeaten seasons on the line, and both just got national attention with Coach Corso putting on the cougar mascot headgear.
12-05-2020 12:18 PM
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Did Marshall turn down a game with BYU?
Guess this thread doesn't matter anymore.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
12-05-2020 02:14 PM
Tech80 Offline
1st String

The tallest midget lost a few inches....
12-05-2020 03:09 PM
HERDDDDD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: HERD
(12-05-2020 03:09 PM)Tech80 Wrote:  The tallest midget lost a few inches....

No I feel we are more of a standard midget now, no height whatsoever to speak of.
12-05-2020 03:33 PM
Big Buds Online
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Today was the first time all year I watched Marshall. I saw a bit of the App. game but really watched this one in detail. Obviously you guys are a better team than this and Wells had a horrible night. I’m lost for words because after talking with you all this Marshall team sounded unbeatable. What exactly happened?
12-05-2020 04:09 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
(12-05-2020 08:30 AM)ThunderingHerdFan Wrote:  All of that said, I hope you guys destroy TCU next weekend.

Me too.
12-05-2020 05:05 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

(12-05-2020 02:30 AM)ThunderingHerdFan Wrote:  
(12-05-2020 01:17 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  

It’s a conference game. You can’t just tell the league you’re not going to play a conference game so you can play a non-conference game. That’s simply not how this works.

I realize you’re trolling a bit but this is getting ridiculous.

When the league moves the championship game from 12/4-12/5 and says leave 12/5 and 12/12 weekends free for any conference games that need played due to ppd games, you aren’t free to ignore that and schedule somebody else.

Marshall had an agreement with ECU to play there 12/5 if the league didn’t require a game, but it did. And ECU means far more to Marshall this particular year than anyone else outside of the league.

For all you know, Marshall and BYU could have had that agreement. They didn’t, but you couldn’t know that for certain.

Now go back to harassing the league’s school of choice in Birmingham.

Well Troll......

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9MTxEtNk2BR-y5VxOgYu...p;usqp=CAU]
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2020 05:13 PM by HogDawg.)
12-05-2020 05:12 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

(12-05-2020 08:30 AM)ThunderingHerdFan Wrote:  

I'll wait....

That bolded sentence didn't age well, did it? Rice just said the same thing about Marshall.

All kidding aside, what the hell happened today to Marshall?
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2020 05:19 PM by HogDawg.)
12-05-2020 05:15 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(12-05-2020 05:15 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  That bolded sentence didn't age well, did it? Rice just said the same thing about Marshall.

All kidding aside, what the hell happened today to Marshall?

That? Oh, that is what we do. We “Doc” one game every year. It is a mathematical certainty. When the chips are down, Doc can’t win a big game and gets completely outcoached. Observe:

2010 - WVU (2 OT with our backup running back in the game and fumbling on the goal line)

2011 - UCF

2012 - Ohio (rival)

2013 - MTSU

2014 - WKU

2015 - MTSU (kicker couldn’t hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle)

2016 - Charlotte

2017 - UTSA

2018 - USM

2019 - Charlotte (Marshall wins the East with a win)

2020 - Rice

Your honor, the defense rests.
12-09-2020 01:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.