Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Cancel rest of this football season and delay basketball until Jan/February
Bookmark and Share
T.I.G.E.R.S Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis/OU
RE: Cancel rest of this football season and delay basketball until Jan/February
(11-20-2020 06:50 AM)cmt Wrote:  25% of football games cancelled or postponed this weekend (16 games). 80 games have already been cancelled or postponed. Plus all the games played with depleted rosters make the outcome of the ones played meaningless.

The numbers right now look awful. We have a vaccine on the way and this virus will be beaten by early next year.

Why risk any more lives to try and salvage a "exhibition" season? We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, why can't we have a little patience and wait for the vaccine to be distributed?

Risking lives? Has anyone that has anything to do with college football died of Covid? If there were players and coaches dying left and right or even being extremely ill then it would be different
11-21-2020 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dcg141 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Leaving the AAC
Some teams have played 8-9 games and Utah played its first game tonight. 3rd of all games this weekend were postponed.
11-22-2020 01:28 AM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(11-21-2020 03:55 PM)FORealTigerFan Wrote:  
(11-20-2020 08:35 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Good grief. What about folks like me who wont get the vaccine? I've never had a flu shot and wont be taking a corona vaccine. These mask mandates and lock downs are ridiculous enough. Lets all just stay home until 2022

It's the virus or the vaccine. Choice wisely cause this thing will circulate for years.

I wish people could come to my icu and see what it does. It would change a lot of minds.

FOReal, exactly! Last winter when they first started talking about a new coronavirus "highly transmissible respiratory disease" it alarmed me. We haven't developed a vaccine for the common cold, i.e. a coronavirus, in 100 years or so of vaccine development. I was diagnosed with chronic bronchities at maybe 10 years old and have since been said to have "asthmatic bronchitis" which suddenly triggers.

I've spent days at a time struggling to breathe and wondering if I would survive another 15 minutes. You shouldn't wish bad on people, but I hope all these axxwipes like 1998 get CoVid19 and get to experience such pleasantries.
11-22-2020 02:22 AM
gotigers1 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
(11-22-2020 02:22 AM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  
(11-20-2020 08:35 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Good grief. What about folks like me who wont get the vaccine? I've never had a flu shot and wont be taking a corona vaccine. These mask mandates and lock downs are ridiculous enough. Lets all just stay home until 2022

It's the virus or the vaccine. Choice wisely cause this thing will circulate for years.

I wish people could come to my icu and see what it does. It would change a lot of minds.

FOReal, exactly! Last winter when they first started talking about a new coronavirus "highly transmissible respiratory disease" it alarmed me. We haven't developed a vaccine for the common cold, i.e. a coronavirus, in 100 years or so of vaccine development. I was diagnosed with chronic bronchities at maybe 10 years old and have since been said to have "asthmatic bronchitis" which suddenly triggers.

I've spent days at a time struggling to breathe and wondering if I would survive another 15 minutes. You shouldn't wish bad on people, but I hope all these axxwipes like 1998 get CoVid19 and get to experience such pleasantries.

and yet, in the second half of your sentence, you did the very thing you said you shouldn't do. Nice job
11-22-2020 02:49 AM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-22-2020 02:22 AM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  

04-chairshot
11-22-2020 11:16 AM
Guitarman Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(11-22-2020 02:22 AM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  You shouldn't wish bad on people, but I hope all these axxwipes like 1998 get CoVid19 and get to experience such pleasantries.

You seem nice.
11-22-2020 01:12 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(11-20-2020 05:30 PM)steves Wrote:  

You probably should become a shut in. Covid stops you're breathing dude !!! Are there no people who depend/count on you ... folks you owe it to to stay alive !!! I'm an old guy, been around awhile. I can't say I've known anyone to die of the flu, but there's been a vaccine since the fifties (?). I know 4 people who've died from Covid 19 and a couple more who are in dire straits. One day reality may jump up and smack you in the face !! Wear a mask ... get the shot !! 04-chairshot

My cousin is a pulmonary immunologist in New Orleans. Saw him pop up on NBC news one night early on when New Orleans was hit so hard. I sent him a message to check on him and ask about the virus. He told me wear a mask. Period. This is some bad ****. This was March/April. I recently had a physical and my doctor had on so much PPE he looked like an astronaut. He told me the same thing.

I live in Texas where it's 50/50 on people who take this serious. They do a good job of wearing masks in public but not so much while socializing. We won't be having Thanksgiving with our kids and grandkids out here because quite frankly the teenagers have not been responsible. Nor has one of the dads.

It's my responsibility to take care of me and my civic duty to be sure I'm not spreading to others.
11-23-2020 11:05 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
Speaking of playing sports and superspreader events...anyone see the past couple of weeks the pee-wee/youth football at the soccer field at Central and Early Maxwell?

Hundreds and hundreds of people...virtually NO ONE with masks on and people absolutely packed together.

I haven't heard one peep from any of our Corona Czar journalists like Evan Barnes and others who seem to pee themselves every time the word covid is mentioned.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020 11:17 AM by salukiblue.)
11-23-2020 11:17 AM
TigersTigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers
Ole Miss game has been canceled.... this is going to be a very small of games played. Maybe they are better off canceling all games and rescheduling sometime next year.

(11-23-2020 11:17 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Speaking of playing sports and superspreader events...anyone see the past couple of weeks the pee-wee/youth football at the soccer field at Central and Early Maxwell?

Hundreds and hundreds of people...virtually NO ONE with masks on and people absolutely packed together.

I haven't heard one peep from any of our Corona Czar journalists like Evan Barnes and others who seem to pee themselves every time the word covid is mentioned.
11-23-2020 11:39 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(11-23-2020 11:17 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Speaking of playing sports and superspreader events...anyone see the past couple of weeks the pee-wee/youth football at the soccer field at Central and Early Maxwell?

Maybe it was a “mostly peaceful” soccer protest. Those mostly peaceful events are corona free ya know.
11-23-2020 11:41 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

Ole Miss game cancelled.
11-23-2020 11:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators

WOW!

[Image: Woman-blowing-into-dog-whistle-near-white-poodle.webp]
11-23-2020 03:23 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

What's the 2020 football season ratio of:
football players experiencing life altering injuries playing football
vs
football players with serious complications from COVID, contracted while playing football?

I am sick of hearing Joris Ray come on tv/radio and say that his #1 concern is the safety of "his kids", and that's why he is cancelling sports. If true, then he should cancel sports permanently, because there are more kids getting hurt playing, than having COVID complications from playing.

It's silly logic that quickly falls apart. Especially when you look at the structure that football provides, and how it can actually help with the overall well being - and can even limit exposures to COVID.
11-23-2020 06:12 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
I think the community pile on here for wishing 'rona on others is probably sufficient. So long as that's that no further action on reported posts about that.
11-25-2020 12:55 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Cancel rest of this football season and delay basketball until Jan/February
Today seemed to go well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
11-26-2020 12:04 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(11-23-2020 06:12 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  What's the 2020 football season ratio of:
football players experiencing life altering injuries playing football
vs
football players with serious complications from COVID, contracted while playing football?

I am sick of hearing Joris Ray come on tv/radio and say that his #1 concern is the safety of "his kids", and that's why he is cancelling sports. If true, then he should cancel sports permanently, because there are more kids getting hurt playing, than having COVID complications from playing.

It's silly logic that quickly falls apart. Especially when you look at the structure that football provides, and how it can actually help with the overall well being - and can even limit exposures to COVID.

Legally he has to say that but yes there is more risk of them actually playing the game.

The risk is spreading the virus to other groups...But the affect to at risk groups appears to have lessened as we have learned how to treat this thing.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2020 09:05 AM by macgar32.)
11-26-2020 09:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.