Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN: Florida State's Unraveling
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
ESPN: Florida State's Unraveling
https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...e-football

I think FSU's unraveling has also had a big effect on the ACC's popularity as well. I was discussing TV ratings on one of the threads in the main board and wanted to kick the Pathetic 12 and Big 12 because I don't like them but I found that in 2019 the ACC didn't do well in the college football ratings either. It was pretty bad. The Pathetic 12's conference championship outdrew the ACC's (Pac-12 5.86M to ACC 3.97M). Remember they play their championship game on Friday nights. Last season, Clemson's top game was vs. Texas A&M, an SEC team. The ACC had no conference games in the top FORTY most watched games of the season.

Obviously Notre Dame was a miracle to the ACC and gave them new life as they have the #1 most watched game this season and two top 10 games. But the ACC can most likely only count on Notre Dame for five games a season and unless they are as good as this season they won't be as high rated. The ACC needs Florida State or Miami or someone good on a regular basis other than Clemson who can attract eyeballs. The ACC shouldn't be compared to the Pathetic 12 when it comes to TV ratings.
11-19-2020 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
RE: ESPN: Florida State's Unraveling
(11-19-2020 03:43 PM)schmolik Wrote:  https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...e-football

I think FSU's unraveling has also had a big effect on the ACC's popularity as well. I was discussing TV ratings on one of the threads in the main board and wanted to kick the Pathetic 12 and Big 12 because I don't like them but I found that in 2019 the ACC didn't do well in the college football ratings either. It was pretty bad. The Pathetic 12's conference championship outdrew the ACC's (Pac-12 5.86M to ACC 3.97M). Remember they play their championship game on Friday nights. Last season, Clemson's top game was vs. Texas A&M, an SEC team. The ACC had no conference games in the top FORTY most watched games of the season.

Obviously Notre Dame was a miracle to the ACC and gave them new life as they have the #1 most watched game this season and two top 10 games. But the ACC can most likely only count on Notre Dame for five games a season and unless they are as good as this season they won't be as high rated. The ACC needs Florida State or Miami or someone good on a regular basis other than Clemson who can attract eyeballs. The ACC shouldn't be compared to the Pathetic 12 when it comes to TV ratings.

Thank you for your keen observation troll. 03-zzz
11-19-2020 06:11 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
If the ACC wants to get paid more: football ratings have to increase and/or basketball needs valuations like the 80s and 90s. The ACC gets more for hoops than other conferences but the NBA taking all the stars early has killed viewership.
11-20-2020 07:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(11-20-2020 07:25 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  If the ACC wants to get paid more: football ratings have to increase and/or basketball needs valuations like the 80s and 90s. The ACC gets more for hoops than other conferences but the NBA taking all the stars early has killed viewership.

I don't think the ACC is #1 in basketball any more.
11-20-2020 09:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
(11-20-2020 09:52 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(11-20-2020 07:25 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  If the ACC wants to get paid more: football ratings have to increase and/or basketball needs valuations like the 80s and 90s. The ACC gets more for hoops than other conferences but the NBA taking all the stars early has killed viewership.

I don't think the ACC is #1 in basketball any more.

Really? Four titles in the last decade seems to speak otherwise.
11-20-2020 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.