Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC Announces Football Schedule Changes
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
ACC Announces Football Schedule Changes
https://theacc.com/news/2020/11/16/acc-a...anges.aspx
Quote:ACC Announces Football Schedule Changes
GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) - The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today a series of rescheduled ACC football games.

Miami’s home game against Georgia Tech on Saturday, November 21 and its game at Wake Forest on Saturday, November 28 will be rescheduled. The announcement follows the positive tests and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes within the Miami football team. The conference and team are adhering to the outlined protocols within the ACC Medical Advisory Group report, which is available on theACC.com (full report).

In order to accommodate the rescheduling of these games, below is a list of rescheduled games:

Saturday, Nov. 28
Wake Forest at Louisville (previously scheduled for Saturday, December 5)

Saturday, Dec. 5
Miami at Wake Forest (previously scheduled for Saturday, November 28)
Western Carolina at North Carolina (previously scheduled for Friday, December 11)

Saturday, Dec. 12
Louisville at Boston College (previously scheduled for Friday, November 27)
North Carolina at Miami (previously scheduled for Saturday, December 5)

Saturday, Dec. 19
Georgia Tech at Miami (previously scheduled for Saturday, November 21) **
** This game will be played if Miami is not in the ACC Football Championship Game and if the result of the Georgia Tech at Miami game would not directly impact the determination of which two teams do play in the league championship game.

As was previously announced, the 2020 ACC Football scheduling model includes 11 games (10 conference plus one non-conference), played over at least 13 weeks with each team having two open dates.
11-16-2020 06:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
RE: ACC Announces Football Schedule Changes
Saturday the 12th Games:

ND (2-3) at Wake (playing BCS bid)
UNC (18-22) at Miami (10-12) (playing for NY6)
Pitt at GT
Louisville at BC
UVa at VT

That will keep the SEC and Big 10 from dominating the air that weekend.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020 06:59 PM by Statefan.)
11-16-2020 06:56 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I was wondering what would happen if ND lost a game, for instance to UNC, and there was still the potential for a three way tie after the games of 12/12 were played. According to this article, in that scenario, the ACC CCG would still be Notre Dame v. Clemson based under the tie breakers.

https://caneswarning.com/2020/11/09/miam...n-clemson/

Quote:If Clemson wins out as expected, Notre Dame loses one more game and Miami wins out the Hurricanes would still lose the three-way tiebreaker. According to the ACC official website, the first tiebreaker is “Combined head-to-head win percentage among the tied teams.” Miami would lose out in that scenario.

The Fighting Irish will have a 1-0 record in a three-way tie with Clemson and Miami, the Hurricanes 0-1 and Tigers 1-1. Miami needs to win out and somehow hope Clemson sufferers one more loss or Notre Dame loses twice. Neither seems likely.

Look for Georgia Tech-Miami 12/19 at noon on ACCN.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020 10:02 AM by orangefan.)
11-17-2020 10:01 AM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

Wake Forest at Duke now cancelled this weekend. With Wake's schedule full through the December 12th, the 19th would be the only available open date to play the game.

Another possibility would be to let Wake off the hook from playing Duke and allow Duke to schedule a second OOC game on the 12th. I note that Western Carolina is now free that weekend with its UNC game rescheduled for the 5th. ECU may also have interest since it has that weekend open, has only managed to schedule one OOC game this year, and is already eliminated in the AAC. Having Duke play an OOC game would allow the ACC to stay on track to fulfill its TV obligations.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020 08:41 AM by orangefan.)
11-18-2020 08:19 AM
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(11-18-2020 08:19 AM)orangefan Wrote:  Wake Forest at Duke now cancelled this weekend. With Wake's schedule full through the December 12th, the 19th would be the only available open date to play the game.

Another possibility would be to let Wake off the hook from playing Duke and allow Duke to schedule a second OOC game on the 12th. I note that Western Carolina is now free that weekend with its UNC game rescheduled for the 5th. ECU may also have interest since it has that weekend open, has only managed to schedule one OOC game this year, and is already eliminated in the AAC. Having Duke play an OOC game would allow the ACC to stay on track to fulfill its TV obligations.

Wake is 4-3, Duke is 2-6 and ECU is 1-6. I would think if any of those 3 teams should be playing on the 19th, it should be Wake.

How does replacing Wake @ Duke with ECU @ Duke allow the ACC to more stay on track fulfilling its TV obligations? It's the same number of games whether Duke plays Wake or ECU.
11-18-2020 12:51 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

(11-18-2020 12:51 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  
(11-18-2020 08:19 AM)orangefan Wrote:  Wake Forest at Duke now cancelled this weekend. With Wake's schedule full through the December 12th, the 19th would be the only available open date to play the game.

Wake is 4-3, Duke is 2-6 and ECU is 1-6. I would think if any of those 3 teams should be playing on the 19th, it should be Wake.

How does replacing Wake @ Duke with ECU @ Duke allow the ACC to more stay on track fulfilling its TV obligations? It's the same number of games whether Duke plays Wake or ECU.

My suggestion was that ECU or WCU at Duke would be played on 12/12 or 12/11 in lieu of playing Wake on 12/19.

The ACC has an obligation to provide games for ESPN to air on its various platforms. The ACC has the rights to the home games of all of its members aside from Notre Dame. ECU at Duke is a game to which the ACC would have television rights that could be aired by ESPN and would count towards contractual minimums. It doesn't have to be a conference game.

My concern is that adding another game to 12/19 would not be useful. I believe the ACC CCG will air at 330 pm on ABC, as the SEC and B1G CCG's have already been scheduled for prime time. The game will get a killer rating at 330. ABC can then put the B12 CCG in prime time as a sacrificial lamb.

I assume GT-Miami would air at noon on 12/19 on ACCN. After that game, I assume ACCN will air men's basketball. The only useful time slot for Wake-Duke to air would be on Friday night. That still would be head to head with the P12 CCG, but would avoid going head to head with the ACC CCG or SEC CCG and would avoid displacing basketball on ACCN. A game on 12/11 or 12/12, though, may be more useful.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020 01:13 PM by orangefan.)
11-18-2020 01:09 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Move the Duke/GT game up a week (i.e. play this Saturday), then you'd be free to juggle the 11/28 games as needed. Problem solved.
11-18-2020 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
You assume Duke wishes or needs to play
11-18-2020 02:48 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

(11-18-2020 02:48 PM)Statefan Wrote:  You assume Duke wishes or needs to play

True, but all members of the conference have stepped up to ensure that the conference can meet its TV minimums. There was no other reason, for instance, for UVA to add Abilene Christian or UNC to add Western Carolina after their original OOC opponents cancelled. It's about being a team player. The best solution, though, may be to play either Duke-Wake or GT-Miami on Friday, 12/18.

(11-18-2020 02:24 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Move the Duke/GT game up a week (i.e. play this Saturday), then you'd be free to juggle the 11/28 games as needed. Problem solved.

If they are willing, I'd love to see them do so. If Wake were able to go on 11/28, that would allow them to play Duke then.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020 04:05 PM by orangefan.)
11-18-2020 03:41 PM
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
It would be nice if someone could play NCState this week instead of them wasting their time losing to, I mean, playing Liberty. Hey, the ACC's 0-2 vs. them this season!
11-18-2020 04:00 PM
Advertisement

orangefan Offline
Heisman

More shuffling. Clemson at Florida State postponed. No date announced yet, but the weekend 12/12 seems likely.

Pitt-Georgia Tech, previously postponed to 12/12, now moved to Thursday night, 12/10.

Wake Forest-Louisville, previously scheduled for next weekend, now moved to 12/19. I would look for this one or Miami-Georgia Tech to be moved to Thursday or Friday night, 12/17 or 12/18.

Duke-Wake Forest now cancelled.

This leaves Duke at 10 games. If they are interested in adding an 11th game, they could pick up an OOC game for the weekend of 12/12, possibly ECU or WCU, both of which have the date open and available games to play. However, looks like Duke will just call it a season after it plays FSU on 12/5.

Louisville at BC moved forward to 11/28. It had originally been scheduled for 11/27, but previously was shifted to 12/5 to help accommodate Miami.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020 11:04 AM by orangefan.)
11-21-2020 10:29 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Any truth to the rumor that ESPN is paying the ACC extra for not playing the Wake/Duke game? Asking for a friend...
05-stirthepot
11-21-2020 04:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
orangefan Offline
Heisman

(11-21-2020 04:21 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Any truth to the rumor that ESPN is paying the ACC extra for not playing the Wake/Duke game? Asking for a friend...
05-stirthepot

03-lmfao

I gather from Duke's statement about the cancellation that they had no interest in having a two week break between games in December. https://goduke.com/news/2020/11/21/footb...elled.aspx

Meanwhile, with the risk that Wake may have to cancel again next week, it made sense to use the 12/19 weekend for the Louisville-Wake game and move Louisville-BC back to next weekend, when it was originally scheduled before the Miami related shuffle.

Interestingly, the ACC has authorized Wake to add an OOC game for 11/28 if it has resolved its Covid issues.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020 05:52 PM by orangefan.)
11-21-2020 05:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.