Total 83 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

App State @ Coastal Carolina
Bookmark and Share
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
App State @ Coastal Carolina
The thread title can be modified to some kind of game thread format if need be, but I wanted to create a poll for this game.
11-15-2020 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: App State @ Coastal Carolina
I'm going with Coastal in a close one because they are at home. Should be a hell of a good game either way.
11-15-2020 11:18 AM
ah59396 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
This App team is a pretender in my opinion. I think Coastal exposes us unfortunately. I hope they prove me wrong.
11-15-2020 11:35 AM
biggie Offline
2nd String

I thought it would be close until all the recent injuries for App.
11-15-2020 11:52 AM
rokamortis Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
Should be a great, close, hard fought game. I think App will play much better than they did yesterday.
11-15-2020 11:54 AM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

With Zac playing, I think it's a toss up. Without, I say Coastal by 10 or so.

We shall see.
11-15-2020 12:32 PM
Advertisement

EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2020 11:35 AM)ah59396 Wrote:  This App team is a pretender in my opinion. I think Coastal exposes us unfortunately. I hope they prove me wrong.

I know I'll probably catch flak from App fans from saying this, but I'll say it anyways. Your offense is just not as balanced as a lot your fans think it is. If the running game isn't working you're not going to throw the ball for 250 yards and be able to lean on the passing game. We saw that against Georgia Southern twice, against Marshall, and now against Georgia State who also has a top rushing defense in the league. I'm not saying App hasn't been a good offense, but it's just not going to have the same punch with no Evans, no Williams, and no Harrington.

The good news for you (IMO) is that you had a letdown at the perfect time and I think you'll rally together and win this one in a 20-17 type score. I think App has the most complete defense in the league and can stop Grayson McCall throwing the ball.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020 01:14 PM by EigenEagle.)
11-15-2020 01:13 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(11-15-2020 01:13 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(11-15-2020 11:35 AM)ah59396 Wrote:  This App team is a pretender in my opinion. I think Coastal exposes us unfortunately. I hope they prove me wrong.

I know I'll probably catch flak from App fans from saying this, but I'll say it anyways. Your offense is just not as balanced as a lot your fans think it is. If the running game isn't working you're not going to throw the ball for 250 yards and be able to lean on the passing game. We saw that against Georgia Southern twice, against Marshall, and now against Georgia State who also has a top rushing defense in the league. I'm not saying App hasn't been a good offense, but it's just not going to have the same punch with no Evans, no Williams, and no Harrington.

The good news for you (IMO) is that you had a letdown at the perfect time and I think you'll rally together and win this one in a 20-17 type score. I think App has the most complete defense in the league and can stop Grayson McCall throwing the ball.
I think that to be a fair assessment.
11-15-2020 01:22 PM
CoachWillRob Offline
Special Teams

(11-15-2020 01:22 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  

I think that to be a fair assessment.

Yea, not too many App fans will disagree with you on this.
I feel Sutton is the missing piece to this offense. Our passing game has had very little explosion past couple years when he is out.
11-15-2020 01:32 PM
ah59396 Offline
1st String

I don’t think you’ll find an App fan that believes we have a balanced offense. Or an offense at all for that matter.
11-15-2020 02:30 PM
stingingeagle Offline
Special Teams

It's safe to say that the run game needs the pass game to work and vice versa. App can swing one way or the other if that's what it takes to win the game. So can Coastal. That's what is going to make this game a great one. It's truly unfortunate that this game isn't getting played when it was, because who knows what the circumstances will be when this game gets played. Good teams find a way to win and overcome various degrees of difficulty to do so and App has done that very well so far. Like us, the theme for each game is to find a way to win, even if it's ugly.
11-15-2020 02:36 PM
Advertisement

troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
(11-15-2020 02:30 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  

I don’t think you’ll find an App fan that believes we have a balanced offense. Or an offense at all for that matter.

I'd say we have "an offense at all". Guess I'm no fan.
11-15-2020 02:51 PM
ah59396 Offline
1st String

(11-15-2020 02:51 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  

Are you sure you’ve been watching App State?

What about this years offense do you like? That we do well? Honest question.
11-15-2020 04:04 PM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

(11-15-2020 04:04 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  

Kinda speaks to how spoiled we've been when having a top 30 scoring offense in the country constitutes not having an offense. Obviously haven't been impressed with the offense in comparison to recent years, but we can't act like they've been completely inept.
11-15-2020 04:26 PM
ah59396 Offline
1st String

(11-15-2020 04:26 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  
(11-15-2020 04:04 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  
(11-15-2020 01:13 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I know I'll probably catch flak from App fans from saying this, but I'll say it anyways. Your offense is just not as balanced as a lot your fans think it is. If the running game isn't working you're not going to throw the ball for 250 yards and be able to lean on the passing game. We saw that against Georgia Southern twice, against Marshall, and now against Georgia State who also has a top rushing defense in the league. I'm not saying App hasn't been a good offense, but it's just not going to have the same punch with no Evans, no Williams, and no Harrington.

Kinda speaks to how spoiled we've been when having a top 30 scoring offense in the country constitutes not having an offense. Obviously haven't been impressed with the offense in comparison to recent years, but we can't act like they've been completely inept.

Where are you seeing us as top 30 scoring? According to this we are 44th with 32.1ppg.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27

The only team we’ve played with a winning record, we scored 7.
11-15-2020 04:36 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

App has feasted in games against fairly poor competition.

CCU’s defense is better than GA St’s.

We’re about to find out if the problem is injuries or play calling. I can’t get over the offensive game plan vs GA St. Every poster here that has watched Ga St play twice or more knows the formula.
11-15-2020 04:45 PM
Advertisement

BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

I was referring to total offense. Currently 31st so I was slightly off I guess. Either way, we're second in scoring in the Sun Belt, and second in total offense. I do think we've taken a step back, but I don't think we're as hapless as some are saying. Marshall had a top 5 defense in the country, so it's not just any wining team.

My point is, it's insane to claim we have no offense.
11-15-2020 04:52 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

GA St was averaging giving up 38 ppg for perspective.
11-15-2020 05:01 PM
ah59396 Offline
1st String

(11-15-2020 04:52 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  I was referring to total offense. Currently 31st so I was slightly off I guess. Either way, we're second in scoring in the Sun Belt, and second in total offense. I do think we've taken a step back, but I don't think we're as hapless as some are saying. Marshall had a top 5 defense in the country, so it's not just any wining team.

My point is, it's insane to claim we have no offense.

We had 89 yards of offense in the first half against Ga State and 3 points.

I think they give up over 450 yards per game. We had 310.

Coastal beat them 51-0.

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong. I’ve only seen us run points up on winless FCS teams and Sagarin 100+ ranked G5 FBS teams. Guess we will see this weekend.

Sagarin rank of our opponents avg -128

UNCC - 120
Marshall - 44
Campbell - 194
Arkansas State - 110
Texas State - 130
ULM - 191
Ga State - 104
11-15-2020 05:26 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

We are stubborn on offense, going to run between tackles no matter what, we know it, the fans at the game knows it, and the defense knows it, yesterday GaSt loaded up the box and dared us to throw in the middle of the field, since Moore coached we have stayed away from the middle, just not going to do it, not sure we can move the ball consistently if we stick to our normal game, but, the defense is playing lights out, had a lot of reservations about Jones at DC, but him and his staff has really stepped up, I think both teams could have problems moving the ball.
11-15-2020 05:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.