UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

**Covid-19 Discussion Thread** - unmoderated - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!
BatesUAB Online
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
RE: **Covid-19 Discussion Thread** - unmoderated - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!
(11-17-2020 06:59 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  He didn't enact a national mask mandate, or encourage states to mandate masks, or do anything really to make sure masks were enacted on a wide scale. He has actively denigrated masks and people who wear them. He politicized a novel virus, and has made it as toxic and divisive as abortion or any other hot button topic. He has minimized and talked **** about the experts and physicians. He has peddled ineffective drugs or fake treatments (injecting bleach and UV light). He has supported doctors who believe in "demon semen." He promotes radiologists who have absolutely no training in infectious diseases, epidemiology, or virology. He did not enact massive, wide spread testing. He did not make sure that all hospitals, SNFs, and medical facilities had adequate PPE. He has, at best, modeled bad behavior over and over and over again, and at worst actively promoted bad behavior. He is careless, his inner circle is careless, he and his family got COVID purely because of his stupidity and carelessness, and someone in his circle even died from it! His travel ban was ineffective and not widespread enough(this travel ban was actually warranted due to a virus, not because of racist, anti-muslim policies). He has subverted policies at every turn that could have been effective to curb the virus. There is a reason the US response to this pandemic has been so disastrous, and it starts with the abhorrent human being we have in the white house currently. I'm sure I've forgotten something there, but feel free to let me know if I missed anything.

And the next educated or intelligent person I meet who refuses to wear a mask will be the first. Take that for whatever you want..

THE PRESIDENT CANNOT ENACT A NATIONAL MASK MANDATE!!!!!!! NEITHER CAN CONGRESS!!!!!!! THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY!!!!!!! WHY ARE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY SO IGNORANT ABOUT HOW OUR GOVERNMENT WORKS?!?!?!?!?!?!

And who has Biden tapped to run his virus stuff? Ezekiel Emanuel, an oncologist who thinks nobody over 75 should be given medical treatment.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc...75/379329/

I will tell you what you missed- an education in basic civics. The president does not institute testing. The president doesn't supply hospitals with medical equipment. I get that you hate the guy, but these things are not the job of the president, or the federal government.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020 10:13 AM by BatesUAB.)
11-18-2020 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
11-18-2020 02:28 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-18-2020 10:12 AM)BatesUAB Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 06:59 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  He didn't enact a national mask mandate, or encourage states to mandate masks

[b][i][u]THE PRESIDENT CANNOT ENACT A NATIONAL MASK MANDATE!!!!!!! NEITHER CAN CONGRESS!!!!!!! THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY!!!!!!!

True. The President also can't shutdown the country as he vowed he wouldn't do if he was re-elected. So ignorance is bliss everywhere.
11-18-2020 03:28 PM
UABFRENCHY Online
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

Donators
(11-18-2020 02:28 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  Annals of Internal Medicine

Great article ...and it make sense .both party (mask and no mask can use this article )
11-18-2020 04:03 PM
BatesUAB Online
Doombringer, Esq.

(11-18-2020 03:28 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 06:59 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  He didn't enact a national mask mandate, or encourage states to mandate masks

[b][i][u]THE PRESIDENT CANNOT ENACT A NATIONAL MASK MANDATE!!!!!!! NEITHER CAN CONGRESS!!!!!!! THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY!!!!!!!

True. The President also can't shutdown the country as he vowed he wouldn't do if he was re-elected. So ignorance is bliss everywhere.

So, the President vowed that he would not do something that he had no authority to do... And you have a problem with that?

I'm legitimately not being an a-hole on this one, just trying to make sure I understand what you're saying.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020 04:57 PM by BatesUAB.)
11-18-2020 04:56 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

The best way to complain about someone that’s supposedly a dictator is to be pissed that he doesn’t actually do things that a dictator would do.
11-18-2020 05:51 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(11-18-2020 04:56 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  

So, the President vowed that he would not do something that he had no authority to do... And you have a problem with that?

I'm legitimately not being an a-hole on this one, just trying to make sure I understand what you're saying.

If you can't understand what I said then you are truly just trying to make this conversation more difficult than it has to be. And you are legitimately being an a-hole......just sayin'.....
11-18-2020 05:53 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(11-18-2020 05:51 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  The best way to complain about someone that’s supposedly a dictator is to be pissed that he doesn’t actually do things that a dictator would do.

I was just thinking that today. If Trump actually did 20% of what people accuse him of doing/planning to do, the Earth would be a smoking cinder of ash right now. Say what you want about him, but he can pull the media's puppet strings like no one since Bill Clinton.
11-18-2020 08:33 PM
UAB Band Dad Online
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/132...9067516930

RedditCFB
@RedditCFB

What could possibly go wrong?

Heather Dinich
@CFBHeather

The CFP management committee met this evening and committed to keeping the playoff as scheduled. They also decided if a semifinalist is unable to play because of a COVID-19 disruption after Selection Day on Dec. 20, the selection committee would not choose a replacement team.
11-18-2020 08:34 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(11-18-2020 08:33 PM)blazr Wrote:  
(11-18-2020 05:51 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  The best way to complain about someone that’s supposedly a dictator is to be pissed that he doesn’t actually do things that a dictator would do.

I was just thinking that today. If Trump actually did 20% of what people accuse him of doing/planning to do, the Earth would be a smoking cinder of ash right now. Say what you want about him, but he can pull the media's puppet strings like no one since Bill Clinton.

I'm reminded of the period right after W got elected but before 9/11. He was portrayed as a bumbling idiot who didn't know and couldn't even pronounce the names of 75% of nations on the globe. Then 9/11. And it didn't take too long until W was accused of having orchestrated what would have been the most diabolical, ingenious, almost miraculous series of events...

He was either a bumbling idiot who couldn't tie his shoes, or a super-intelligent evil villain on the level of nothing we had ever known. It couldn't be both.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020 08:43 PM by blazr.)
11-18-2020 08:43 PM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

(11-17-2020 06:59 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  He didn't enact a national mask mandate, or encourage states to mandate masks, or do anything really to make sure masks were enacted on a wide scale. He has actively denigrated masks and people who wear them. He politicized a novel virus, and has made it as toxic and divisive as abortion or any other hot button topic. He has minimized and talked **** about the experts and physicians. He has peddled ineffective drugs or fake treatments (injecting bleach and UV light). He has supported doctors who believe in "demon semen." He promotes radiologists who have absolutely no training in infectious diseases, epidemiology, or virology. He did not enact massive, wide spread testing. He did not make sure that all hospitals, SNFs, and medical facilities had adequate PPE. He has, at best, modeled bad behavior over and over and over again, and at worst actively promoted bad behavior. He is careless, his inner circle is careless, he and his family got COVID purely because of his stupidity and carelessness, and someone in his circle even died from it! His travel ban was ineffective and not widespread enough(this travel ban was actually warranted due to a virus, not because of racist, anti-muslim policies). He has subverted policies at every turn that could have been effective to curb the virus. There is a reason the US response to this pandemic has been so disastrous, and it starts with the abhorrent human being we have in the white house currently. I'm sure I've forgotten something there, but feel free to let me know if I missed anything.

And the next educated or intelligent person I meet who refuses to wear a mask will be the first. Take that for whatever you want..

Masks mandates don’t do a damn thing, there’s nothing you can do to stop a spread of a virus. Lockdowns don’t work, mask mandates don’t work. You sound idiotic. And if you think it was so bad how do you explain Europe dealing with the same thing
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020 10:02 PM by Blazer88.)
11-18-2020 10:01 PM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

I just have to post something in a thread with "Enter at your own risk" in the title.
11-19-2020 07:15 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(11-18-2020 10:01 PM)Blazer88 Wrote:  Masks mandates don’t do a damn thing, there’s nothing you can do to stop a spread of a virus.

You're correct. Mask mandates won't work because people will ignore it. You can slow the spread of the virus but you need to cooperation of the citizens to make it happen. But since it infringes on people liberties, threaten their rights to own guns, and opposes the views of pro life folks, a mask mandate would be useless.
11-19-2020 08:14 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
Danish study finds face masks provide limited protection to wearer

I think a mask is better than nothing so I'm wearing mine when I'm supposed to but masks aren't gonna stop everyone from being exposed. Even with vaccines, this thing is gonna come back like the flu.

Sue, sanction, and shame the Chinese for this bull****.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020 09:21 AM by BlazerGreen.)
11-19-2020 08:47 AM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

(11-19-2020 08:14 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(11-18-2020 10:01 PM)Blazer88 Wrote:  Masks mandates don’t do a damn thing, there’s nothing you can do to stop a spread of a virus.

You're correct. Mask mandates won't work because people will ignore it. You can slow the spread of the virus but you need to cooperation of the citizens to make it happen. But since it infringes on people liberties, threaten their rights to own guns, and opposes the views of pro life folks, a mask mandate would be useless.

Wrong, I don’t know why you think a mask is some magical shield. Don’t be an idiot, think for yourself for once.
11-19-2020 09:22 AM
BatesUAB Online
Doombringer, Esq.

(11-18-2020 05:53 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(11-18-2020 04:56 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  

If you can't understand what I said then you are truly just trying to make this conversation more difficult than it has to be. And you are legitimately being an a-hole......just sayin'.....

If the conversation is difficult, that's your problem. Don't blame me for your inability to convey a coherent message. And yeah, I am being an a-hole. After 8 months of enduring the abject f*cking stupidity around me in this country and keeping my mouth shut, I've had my fill.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020 10:13 AM by BatesUAB.)
11-19-2020 10:06 AM
BatesUAB Online
Doombringer, Esq.

(11-19-2020 08:14 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

Yes, a mask mandate does infringe on peoples' liberties. Telling someone that they are required to wear a specific article of clothing is a curtailment of liberty. By definition. But we live with curtailment of of our liberties every day. I can't drive 125mph on the interstate. The question is- is the curtailment lawful? You know, the rule of law doesn't end in a pandemic. Every state has laws on the books that give in some form authority to the government to enact certain measures during a pandemic. And a mask mandate isn't something so onerous to be deemed unlawful. So you will not hear me say that the state and local mandates are illegal. However, this nation is a federal constitutional republic. The federal government has limited powers- and NO general police power, which is where things like mask mandates are derived. The point I have been trying to drive home- to give a very basic lesson in civics- is that neither the president nor congress can issue a nationwide mask mandate. This is an issue for state and local governments. Something that I have known for a long time, and has been reinforced in the extreme in 2020, is how poorly educated our country is in civics. This year everyone is an expert on epidemiology, but has no clue about things they should've learned in 8th grade civics.
11-19-2020 10:25 AM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

[Image: iPPiqoG.jpg]
11-19-2020 11:56 AM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

So China who released this, has yet to reach 5k deaths. Had total lockdowns. Beat stray animals to death in the streets. Had people dying in pharmacy lines, in the streets on their way out from dinner, folks committing suicide to supposedly keep from taking virus home. What really happened here? Theatrics & surpressed but somewhat correct labeling. A billion people and only 5k deaths? Please..... China also had whistleblowers who have said that 40-50k died in wuhan alone, but that was buried. However, I’m led to believe that China got this under control by everyone on the left.

Sweden had no lockdowns and has yet to reach 7k. What really happened here? Folks have acted like adults and correct labeling.

Are either of those countries counting every flu, pneumonia, stroke, heart attack, lighting strike, suicide, Cancer, gunshot, crash, fall from a ladder death as a Covid death? No.

The USA has mislabeled deaths for the sole purpose of a mail-in ballot scam and it incentivized it’s hospitals to do so and the media totally played its part. A legit conspiracy.

Coronavirus is only news when it’s needed to keep those in disagreement of politics in line. I believe this virus is real, just not to the extent we’ve made it to be. It’s a flu strain. When hospitals were empty all summer. Testing sites were ghost towns. Backlogged deaths from the previous flu season were added to keep the death rate up.

I’ve seen folks who died at life expectancy this year with no sign of covid. I’ve seen folks in mid to late 80s and 90s beat “Covid” with simple HCQ, Azithromycin, and Zinc.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020 12:37 PM by BlazinBham.)
11-19-2020 12:22 PM
tceaz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB/Braves
(11-19-2020 12:22 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  Sweden had no lockdowns and has yet to reach 7k. What really happened here? Folks have acted like adults and correct labeling.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes - You use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts—for support rather than for illumination

Sweden has a population of 10million. USA is @ 330m. So we are at 33x their size. If we take their # of deaths (6,340 per Google) and multiply by 33 you get ~210k. The US is now reporting 250k deaths. So those aren't too far off each other. Plus, Sweden appears to be doing a 180 on their approach. The herd immunity/adult approach doesn't appear to be working as well as you think it is.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/lock...pes-falter

BatesUAB Wrote:Something that I have known for a long time, and has been reinforced in the extreme in 2020, is how poorly educated our country is in civics. This year everyone is an expert on epidemiology, but has no clue about things they should've learned in 8th grade civics.

And Bates brings up some good points here

We as a society have been dumbed down via social media. Everyone is an expert on epidemiology not because they've actually researched all sides of the issues or committed years of their life to education....but because they read some meme on facebook or saw a tweet that supports their opinion.

I would go past Bates and say we are very poorly educated not only on civics but critical thinking in general. I'm not here to say masks are the end all be all (I could go find a dozen studies that support both sides of the mask argument), but it is hard for me to argue against them/respiratory protection when I see masks being used in the OR/by painters/when handling hazardous material/etc. If you don't think they work then next time you have a procedure done go tell the doc...no need for the mask doc, my buddy Tina on facebook posted a link saying they didn't work.
11-19-2020 02:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.