Thread Closed 
Liberty ranked but not the Cajuns?
Bookmark and Share
AlwaysSunny Offline
1st String

I Root For: NCAA
RE: Liberty ranked but not the Cajuns?
(11-08-2020 08:36 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(11-07-2020 10:25 PM)AlwaysSunny Wrote:  At this point I dont think Liberty cares whether a conference wants them or not. They're doing well enough and better than most G5's on their own.

If they got an invite to a conference, they'd take it without a second thought.

Point is, they dont need to. They're doing fine without one.
11-10-2020 02:47 PM
Find all posts by this user
FrankyP Offline
All American

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(11-10-2020 02:47 PM)AlwaysSunny Wrote:  
(11-07-2020 10:25 PM)AlwaysSunny Wrote:  At this point I dont think Liberty cares whether a conference wants them or not. They're doing well enough and better than most G5's on their own.

And yet, here you/they are. Kind of an odd way of showing how they don’t care and aren’t interested.
11-10-2020 06:31 PM
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Neil Young

AAC? Yes. CUSA? No way. Why would we join CUSA when we can play a blended schedule of G5/P5 and still go to bowl games? Anyhow no one will invite us anyway and frankly, that’s fine.
11-14-2020 03:10 PM
Curtisc83 Online
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
(11-14-2020 03:10 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  

AAC? Yes. CUSA? No way. Why would we join CUSA when we can play a blended schedule of G5/P5 and still go to bowl games? Anyhow no one will invite us anyway and frankly, that’s fine.

No sure why thus comes up so often. When we needed a invite we couldn’t get one. We moved forward and found a way. So the time for needing a invite from the SBC or CUSA has past. College sports is pretty fluid so what was needed before isn’t necessarily needed now. I want the SBC and CUSA to crush it and be the best they can be I just don’t think LU needs them like they don’t need us right now. Nothing wrong with that, we are own our own separate paths.
11-14-2020 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
StatesboroBluesman Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA. Southern
It’s kind of a moot point. They don’t qualify for the access bowl because they won’t be a conference champ. When it comes down to the bowl committees picking teams they’ll dig deeper into scheduled opponents and evaluate strength of schedule.
11-15-2020 07:14 AM
TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(11-15-2020 07:14 AM)StatesboroBluesman Wrote:  It’s kind of a moot point. They don’t qualify for the access bowl because they won’t be a conference champ.

oh. So in normal non-COVID years Notre Dame (as well as BYU) can't have the qualifications for "the access bowl"? Got it.

07-coffee3
11-15-2020 07:51 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(11-15-2020 07:14 AM)StatesboroBluesman Wrote:  It’s kind of a moot point. They don’t qualify for the access bowl because they won’t be a conference champ. When it comes down to the bowl committees picking teams they’ll dig deeper into scheduled opponents and evaluate strength of schedule.

Your statement about access bowl is correct. You have to be a conference champion.

As for bowl committees, they pick teams that will sell tickets. They don't really care about SoS.
11-15-2020 08:03 AM
DoubletapWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Red Wolves and SBC
(11-14-2020 04:35 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  
(11-14-2020 03:10 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  

No sure why thus comes up so often. When we needed a invite we couldn’t get one. We moved forward and found a way. So the time for needing a invite from the SBC or CUSA has past. College sports is pretty fluid so what was needed before isn’t necessarily needed now. I want the SBC and CUSA to crush it and be the best they can be I just don’t think LU needs them like they don’t need us right now. Nothing wrong with that, we are own our own separate paths.

KUDOS to Liberty for refusing to accept No as an answer and pushing forward and finding a path of their own. Liberty at this point has no need for the SBC or CUSA. Personally I hope Liberty develops a National Brand and continues to excel and climb in the National Rankings. Go Liberty !! 01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020 08:16 AM by DoubletapWolf.)
11-15-2020 08:14 AM
Liberty Fan Offline
Under The Radar

I Root For: Flames
(11-02-2020 12:34 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  My guess is that theres some home teaming going on from sports writers that are favorable to LU.

2 teams blown out by South Alabama (an awful USM team and winless ULM)
A D2 to FCS reclassifing team
An awful Syracuse team
A 2 pt win over a winless FIU team that has a FCS loss
A 6 point win over an awful WKU team. WKU scored more points against LU than any other team.

Every team they beat has a losing record. None has more than 2 wins. No team they beat has a win over a team with a winning record. They will all finish with a losing record.

Current FBS record of LU opponents...3-24. And they have 2 losses to FCS teams.

They beat USM, Syracuse, FIU, ULM, WKU, and No. Ala. These teams have collectively beaten Ga Tech, MTSU, and UNT. That is all.

The 3 teams that LU beat have wins over teams with FBS combined record of...4-13, with no team with more than 2 wins. All will finish with losing records.

Their current ranking in the Sagarin is below Troy and 4-3 UAB. Its in the 70s.

This will resolve itself quickly. No need to get too angry here. But now I know the sports writers that are willing to risk their reputation to boost an unqualified school.

Where has Tom in Lazybrook gone? This seems to be his last post. He was a regular around here for a long time.
11-06-2022 10:23 AM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
You lost?
11-06-2022 10:39 AM
SENOREIDA Online
1st String

I Root For: Coastal
(11-06-2022 10:23 AM)Liberty Fan Wrote:  
(11-02-2020 12:34 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  My guess is that theres some home teaming going on from sports writers that are favorable to LU.

2 teams blown out by South Alabama (an awful USM team and winless ULM)
A D2 to FCS reclassifing team
An awful Syracuse team
A 2 pt win over a winless FIU team that has a FCS loss
A 6 point win over an awful WKU team. WKU scored more points against LU than any other team.

Every team they beat has a losing record. None has more than 2 wins. No team they beat has a win over a team with a winning record. They will all finish with a losing record.

Current FBS record of LU opponents...3-24. And they have 2 losses to FCS teams.

They beat USM, Syracuse, FIU, ULM, WKU, and No. Ala. These teams have collectively beaten Ga Tech, MTSU, and UNT. That is all.

The 3 teams that LU beat have wins over teams with FBS combined record of...4-13, with no team with more than 2 wins. All will finish with losing records.

Their current ranking in the Sagarin is below Troy and 4-3 UAB. Its in the 70s.

This will resolve itself quickly. No need to get too angry here. But now I know the sports writers that are willing to risk their reputation to boost an unqualified school.

Where has Tom in Lazybrook gone? This seems to be his last post. He was a regular around here for a long time.
Lmao. I hope you clicked one by one through 100 pages of threads to find this. Have fun in the MAWC…
11-06-2022 11:01 AM
rokamortis Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
There is nothing greater than a Liberty fans ability to be petty.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022 11:26 AM by rokamortis.)
11-06-2022 11:26 AM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
We are not bringing up a thread that is years old.
11-06-2022 11:53 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.