Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Women's Basketball Players Opt out of Season
Bookmark and Share
billymac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: Women's Basketball Players Opt out of Season
The US (by all accounts) will have 25 million doses (50 million, actually, but it is a two shot dose, one 21 days following the first, so 25 million people) in the very near future. It will first be given to Doctors, Nurses, First Responders, front liners. Then it will go down through those most susceptible, elderly in nursing facilities, those with underlying vulnerabilities, etc.

It will be well into 2021 before it becomes available to "normal, healthy" individuals.
11-09-2020 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TDenverFan Online
All American

(11-09-2020 09:58 PM)billymac Wrote:  The US (by all accounts) will have 25 million doses (50 million, actually, but it is a two shot dose, one 21 days following the first, so 25 million people) in the very near future. It will first be given to Doctors, Nurses, First Responders, front liners. Then it will go down through those most susceptible, elderly in nursing facilities, those with underlying vulnerabilities, etc.

It will be well into 2021 before it becomes available to "normal, healthy" individuals.

I think the 50 million doses is a global number, so as best I can tell the US won't get all of them. I'm not sure on what the exact distribution strategy will be
11-09-2020 09:59 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

(11-09-2020 09:59 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  
(11-09-2020 09:58 PM)billymac Wrote:  The US (by all accounts) will have 25 million doses (50 million, actually, but it is a two shot dose, one 21 days following the first, so 25 million people) in the very near future. It will first be given to Doctors, Nurses, First Responders, front liners. Then it will go down through those most susceptible, elderly in nursing facilities, those with underlying vulnerabilities, etc.

I think the 50 million doses is a global number, so as best I can tell the US won't get all of them. I'm not sure on what the exact distribution strategy will be

No, actually, the world-wide number is higher. The 25 million was the total for the US given in an interview on 60 Minutes, Sunday night.
11-09-2020 11:03 PM
TDenverFan Online
All American

(11-09-2020 11:03 PM)billymac Wrote:  
(11-09-2020 09:59 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  

No, actually, the world-wide number is higher. The 25 million was the total for the US given in an interview on 60 Minutes, Sunday night.

Happy to be wrong about that, thanks for the correction
11-09-2020 11:08 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

Still a very small number for a country of 330,000,000 people, unfortunately.
11-10-2020 09:10 AM
Tribal Offline

You determine how this reads to you. For me, the writing is on the wall.

Is it your intention to play four seasons of basketball at William & Mary?

I’m currently just trying to figure everything out. There’s just so many unknowns and uncertainty. I think being able to be home in New Hampshire has allowed me to process a lot of stuff and figure out what’s coming next. Right now, I’ve just been focusing on my semester that’s about to start up. -Eva

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
01-20-2021 12:22 PM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

Next woman up......
01-20-2021 12:50 PM
Tribe32 Online
All American

I Root For: Tribe
Wagner is averaging 20.7 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 1.4 steals per game

Hodgson averaged 20.7 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.6 assists, and 1.6 steals per game last season.

I think she stepped up pretty well. It would have been fun to see both on the court at the same time.
01-21-2021 07:54 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

Eva Hodgson, interviewed in today Times-Dispatch, talked about her decision not to play this season. The part I found interesting is, when asked if she planned to play again for W&M, she danced around the question as smoothly as a Prima Ballerina. So, the transfer option must still be in her mind...at least, a little.
01-21-2021 09:35 AM
Tribe32 Online
All American

I Root For: Tribe
(01-21-2021 09:35 AM)billymac Wrote:  Eva Hodgson, interviewed in today Times-Dispatch, talked about her decision not to play this season. The part I found interesting is, when asked if she planned to play again for W&M, she danced around the question as smoothly as a Prima Ballerina. So, the transfer option must still be in her mind...at least, a little.

As strange as this may seem, if she graduates this May she may be thinking about playing professionally. Not sure if she's close to the caliber of WNBA, but certainly overseas. I think if she wants a free grad degree then it could be here or somewhere else. There was no reason to sit out this year due to eligibility concerns since it doesn't count. It had to be fear of illness/injury or something else. Either way, I hope she figures it out.
01-21-2021 10:31 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Not unexpected, Eva Hodgson enters the transfer portal. She is listed as a grad transfer.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021 04:54 PM by mrjoolius.)
02-01-2021 04:52 PM
Tribester Offline
Banned

I Root For: W&M
WHAT?!? I thought she was scared of Covid. Like I said months ago, I bet she wouldn’t be sitting out right now if she played for UConn instead of us. Bye Felicia.
02-01-2021 09:03 PM
Tribal Offline

(02-01-2021 04:52 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Not unexpected, Eva Hodgson enters the transfer portal. She is listed as a grad transfer.
Libby Underwood, too. Rather than challenge Eva's integrity, I suggest we thank her for being an awesome student-athlete. Both graduated--or will graduate--from W&M and owe us no apology.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021 09:31 PM by Tribal.)
02-01-2021 09:24 PM
Tribal Offline

Just forwarding a tweet. Don't throw your anger at me, but doesn't this sound familiar to rumors we read when Tony was fired?

"As far as I’ve heard, the relationship between Coach Swanson and Hodgson deteriorated over the last offseason. There were whispers starting in like Sept that this was likely."

https://twitter.com/bdoyle45/status/1356...82944?s=19

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021 10:11 PM by Tribal.)
02-01-2021 10:09 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2021 10:09 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Just forwarding a tweet. Don't throw your anger at me, but doesn't this sound familiar to rumors we read when Tony was fired?

"As far as I’ve heard, the relationship between Coach Swanson and Hodgson deteriorated over the last offseason. There were whispers starting in like Sept that this was likely."

https://twitter.com/bdoyle45/status/1356...82944?s=19

Interesting. Wouldn't be the first time Swanson and a player didn't get along

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
02-02-2021 07:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.