RE: GaSo vs ULM game thread
If ULM is the worst team in the league we are right there with them
10-03-2020 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
GaSo vs ULM game thread
We have maybe the worst defensive scheme I have ever seen us have. We have the talent but the coaches suck. Good job from the Warhawks coaching to exploit it. On to the next.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk
10-03-2020 09:40 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
Didnt watch the game but that score...
[Image: giphy.gif]

I'm sorry for doubting you ULM.

To be fair, Warhawks' offense looked really really bad whenever I watched your games this season.

Must've been a great game. Definitely will replay this on ESPN+ later this week 04-cheers
10-03-2020 09:41 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-03-2020 09:40 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  We have maybe the worst defensive scheme I have ever seen us have. We have the talent but the coaches suck. Good job from the Warhawks coaching to exploit it. On to the next.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

Our defensive scheme is worse...
10-03-2020 09:41 PM
debragga Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
Good game GaSo. Somebody had to win this game, I just wish it could have been us. On to 0-12...
10-03-2020 09:47 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
If ULM had 1 more play they win. A gutsy comeback by ULM when it would have been easy to fold when it was 35-17
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2020 09:52 PM by GaSoEagle.)
10-03-2020 09:50 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I'm looking through the stats and I dont understand how ULM had so much success via air with a rookie QB who has been struggling. Were Brinson and Vildor in quarantine for GS?
10-03-2020 09:51 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Both are graduated. Vildor is playing on Sundays with the Bears
10-03-2020 09:53 PM
jhbEAGLE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ga. Southern
(10-03-2020 09:51 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  I'm looking through the stats and I dont understand how ULM had so much success via air with a rookie QB who has been struggling. Were Brinson and Vildor in quarantine for GS?

Were Brinson and Vildor in quarantine for GS? Graduated and our best DB has been out so far. Game was just horrid on the defensive side.
10-03-2020 09:54 PM
AppManDG Online
Heisman

I Root For: App State
Missing the wide open receiver in the endzone with 30 seconds left.... GASo was fortunate to get out of Monroe with the W.
10-03-2020 10:00 PM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
ULM essentially threw the ball uncontested. Pass defense has been an issue all season, and to be brutally honest, for years. We had an awesome tandem of DBs the last few years, but middle of the field was always a soft spot in our scheme. Now that Vildor, Brinson, and company are gone, this is scary bad.
10-03-2020 10:02 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

(10-03-2020 09:53 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  Both are graduated. Vildor is playing on Sundays with the Bears

oh.....my mistake. I feel like there should be a comprehensive rundown thread to keep track of guys who are graduating/transferring for lazy people like me.. lol.

I just remember those two GS corners were stout and they're there...every...year. Glad to hear Vildor is doing well in the pro league.

But they finally graduated you say..?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2020 10:07 PM by GSUALUM17.)
10-03-2020 10:07 PM
1st String

The parody of GS... We’re a stupid field goal away from being 3-0 and also a two point conversion and less than 1 yard away from being 0-3 which is incredibly wild
10-03-2020 10:09 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
This is not a good team. I'm not finding many Ws on the remaining schedule.

Chad has lost his swag.
10-03-2020 10:12 PM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-03-2020 10:09 PM)EagleNationRising Wrote:  The parody of GS... We’re a stupid field goal away from being 3-0 and also a two point conversion and less than 1 yard away from being 0-3 which is incredibly wild

It's called not being good.
10-03-2020 11:21 PM
1st String

(10-03-2020 11:21 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(10-03-2020 10:09 PM)EagleNationRising Wrote:  The parody of GS... We’re a stupid field goal away from being 3-0 and also a two point conversion and less than 1 yard away from being 0-3 which is incredibly wild

It's called not being good.

Can’t argue with that!
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2020 11:31 PM by EagleNationRising.)
10-03-2020 11:31 PM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Once again, very frustrating game to watch. We are just as close to 3-0 as we are 0-3. We are not good but we play at such a snails pace I expect most of our games to be within 1-2 scores. Hard to blow a team out when you get the ball 6 times a game. So we got that going for us, which is nice.
10-04-2020 04:26 PM
ChiefGSU275 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS EAGLES!
Many GS fans were hoping that what we saw in 2018 was the base foundation for a new resurgence in football, but 2019 presented more of the same but with less wins. We attributed that to much of the off the field adversity the team faced - Shais arrest prior to camp, the OL untimely death mid-season, as well as numerous injuries and a very tough schedule. 2020 had long been targeted as a "breakout year" because we had some very winnable OOC games as well as a 4th year starter at QB and our third year under this current staff.

HOWEVER...

There is something fundamentally flawed with this team. I don't know if it's personnel, coaching, scheme, or some amalgam of all three, but we just aren't as good as we should be. We are a solid team, we don't tend to beat ourselves, but we also make playing football look extremely hard. We consistently give up 3rd and longs on defense, we cannot generate much in the way of pass rush. Offensively we can be explosive but can also look inept 1 play later. This was our first TD on an opening possession in 29 games. We play at a snails pace on offense so every possession is valuable, but we do not always convert that to scores.

It's frustrating to watch, and honestly is not entertaining football.
10-05-2020 07:02 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(10-03-2020 09:51 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  I'm looking through the stats and I dont understand how ULM had so much success via air with a rookie QB who has been struggling. Were Brinson and Vildor in quarantine for GS?

Because our defense has never been great and the decent recruiting classes are filtering out from underneath and bad coaching staff that puts little effort into getting the best talent they can.

The App game is weird since emotions play a big part as anything else but on paper, App should hang a number on us a really big one.

If anyone needs slogans though we got them in spades...
10-05-2020 07:27 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(10-05-2020 07:02 AM)ChiefGSU275 Wrote:  Many GS fans were hoping that what we saw in 2018 was the base foundation for a new resurgence in football, but 2019 presented more of the same but with less wins. We attributed that to much of the off the field adversity the team faced - Shais arrest prior to camp, the OL untimely death mid-season, as well as numerous injuries and a very tough schedule. 2020 had long been targeted as a "breakout year" because we had some very winnable OOC games as well as a 4th year starter at QB and our third year under this current staff.

HOWEVER...

There is something fundamentally flawed with this team. I don't know if it's personnel, coaching, scheme, or some amalgam of all three, but we just aren't as good as we should be. We are a solid team, we don't tend to beat ourselves, but we also make playing football look extremely hard. We consistently give up 3rd and longs on defense, we cannot generate much in the way of pass rush. Offensively we can be explosive but can also look inept 1 play later. This was our first TD on an opening possession in 29 games. We play at a snails pace on offense so every possession is valuable, but we do not always convert that to scores.

It's frustrating to watch, and honestly is not entertaining football.

The 2018 schedule was insanely easy but credit to the staff for winning the games they were supposed too and one they were not. 2019 and now the 2020 schedule have exposed this staff for what it really is, mediocre in every facet. They dont push kids, develop talent well and or recruit well. Nothing absolutely horrible but nothing absolutely above average either. Therefore we will probably beat the absolute worst teams but struggle against average or better and have nearly zero shot at beating a P5 or upper-tier G5. With good bounces, we probably hit 8 wins at best with but will hoover around 6 wins on average depending on the schedule from year to year. I have watched several other Belt and G5 games and we just look off from what the better teams are doing.

For all the fanatics that come with the "well you should try and see if you do better" nonsense..I am judging results and you dont have to be Bill Belicheck to judge results. Just like I dont need to be Gordon Ramsey to know if my dinner is horrible. I dont know how to make beef wellington but know if it tastes like crap.
10-05-2020 07:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.