'merica!

[Image: 62bee958b098e527ce338757b33e3214.jpg]
10-07-2020 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
RE: SCHD - Looking to reduce mandate - Now 6ft
(10-07-2020 01:37 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Uhh, nothing I said was a lie.

California ranks 17, Tennessee 26.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_...on_density

You're the one who brought another variable.

What's the Point you are trying to make Chief ?
10-07-2020 02:37 PM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
(10-07-2020 11:52 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  
(10-07-2020 11:32 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  Oh boy. Speaking of the abolishment of the Electoral College, isn't is great that the mandate is lowered to 6ft? How many here chose to donate their tickets and will now be able attend?

i say zero

tigers screwing around with their ticket site
changing stuff on the fly

I'm not sure what you are referencing but the article said single game tickets would be available Friday if you deferred (not sure how they prioritized).

I donated so hoping for even better seats than the ASU game the rest of the way and wondering if it would be the same seat for each of the last 5.
10-07-2020 03:39 PM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
(10-07-2020 01:21 PM)ballhog Wrote:  
(10-07-2020 11:18 AM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  California ranks 17th in population density, Tennessee 26th.

But by all means, people living in BFE should have a greater voting impact just because they choose to live there.

Greater voting impact? Hardly. California has more electors than 15 other states combined. Add New York to that, and you're almost to half the states.

But yes, there should be a voting impact from places other than the 5 largest cities.

Eliminate the Electoral College and we’d all become serfs, bowing to the will of the largest cities. This is what the founding fathers wanted to prevent. Good on them.
10-07-2020 04:24 PM
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-06-2020 09:17 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(10-06-2020 08:48 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  
(10-06-2020 07:51 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(10-06-2020 12:34 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  
Haushalter Wrote:“We’re not going to be back to normal for some time,” said Haushalter. “There will always be restrictions in place until, one, we have a vaccine and we have significant numbers of people who are vaccinated.”
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2020/10/0...-directive

So "14 days to flatten the curve" has turned into a multi-year lockdown (until the Governor takes care of it).

I don't see anything in there about a lock down. The way I read that it's saying until we have a vaccine be prepared to wear a mask and social distance...that sounds reasonable.

Under penalty of ”law”. And if your private business doesn’t enforce it she will shut you down and destroy your livelihood.

if you have a private business then you have a business license and you have to agree to follow the rules if you want that license.

asking folks to wear a mask to enter a store isn't exactly tyranny

Rules aren't necessarily considered "Laws" passed & enacted by a duly elected Legislature.

If "Martial Law" hasn't been declared then rules don't mean $hit.

As Abraham Lincoln (who overused & abused "Martial Law") once said:

"That these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom —and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

10-07-2020 05:08 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(10-07-2020 04:24 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(10-07-2020 01:21 PM)ballhog Wrote:  
(10-07-2020 11:18 AM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  California ranks 17th in population density, Tennessee 26th.

But by all means, people living in BFE should have a greater voting impact just because they choose to live there.

Greater voting impact? Hardly. California has more electors than 15 other states combined. Add New York to that, and you're almost to half the states.

But yes, there should be a voting impact from places other than the 5 largest cities.

Eliminate the Electoral College and we’d all become serfs, bowing to the will of the largest cities. This is what the founding fathers wanted to prevent. Good on them.

yeah, because being a serf bowing to the will of Ohio, Florida, and PA is SO much better....
10-11-2020 08:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-07-2020 11:32 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  Oh boy. Speaking of the abolishment of the Electoral College, isn't is great that the mandate is lowered to 6ft? How many here chose to donate their tickets and will now be able attend?

i say zero

I got my letter. I also know a number who are choosing not to exercise the right to purchase because too many people are living recklessly and endangering others.
10-11-2020 08:28 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(10-11-2020 08:28 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  

i say zero

I got my letter. I also know a number who are choosing not to exercise the right to purchase because too many people are living recklessly and endangering others.

That battle cry of the triggered snowflake. What are you thinking? A bunch of kids are going to run up to you and cough in your faces? You can't find a spot to be away from others when there will be gaps of hundreds of feet between spectators in a 60,000 seat stadium with 12,000 in attendance?

Buy tickets, go to the game, wear masks and tell others to stay the **** away from you. You go to Costco and Walmart, you do groceries. 200 people will get closer to you at Walmart and Costco INDOORS than they will at the football game. IF it wasn't so pathetic, it would be hilarious. It is both actually.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020 10:57 AM by Stammers.)
10-11-2020 10:56 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-11-2020 10:56 AM)Stammers Wrote:  

i say zero

That battle cry of the triggered snowflake. What are you thinking? A bunch of kids are going to run up to you and cough in your faces? You can't find a spot to be away from others when there will be gaps of hundreds of feet between spectators in a 60,000 seat stadium with 12,000 in attendance?

Buy tickets, go to the game, wear masks and tell others to stay the **** away from you. You go to Costco and Walmart, you do groceries. 200 people will get closer to you at Walmart and Costco INDOORS than they will at the football game. IF it wasn't so pathetic, it would be hilarious. It is both actually.
There you go making assumptions again and displaying your angry man syndrome. Did I say anything about me? I said I knew people. Go away.

But just for fun I’ll share I’m one of those essential workers that never stopped going to work every day. That participated in serving the public
In close proximity. I was among those handing out curriculums and food and devices to thousands of families.

I never shunned the public. I wore my masks no matter what others chose to do and never commented to them. I sanitize where I work and do my best to social distance. I have tested four times, each time negative.

Go peddle your snowflake, individualism crap somewhere where somebody cares. If you would do any research on the history of pandemics you would know what we are doing looks very much like the 1918-19 ( and 1920 flare up) response. Here is an exert:

“ The end of the 1918 pandemic wasn’t, however, just the result of so many people catching it that immunity became widespread. Social distancing was also key. Public health advice on curbing the spread of the virus was eerily similar to that of today: citizens were encouraged to stay healthy through campaigns promoting mask-wearing, frequent hand-washing, quarantining and isolating of patients, and the closure of schools, public spaces and non-essential businesses—all steps designed to cut off routes for the virus’ spread.”
10-11-2020 04:47 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(10-11-2020 04:47 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  

i say zero

There you go making assumptions again and displaying your angry man syndrome. Did I say anything about me? I said I knew people. Go away.

But just for fun I’ll share I’m one of those essential workers that never stopped going to work every day. That participated in serving the public
In close proximity. I was among those handing out curriculums and food and devices to thousands of families.

I never shunned the public. I wore my masks no matter what others chose to do and never commented to them. I sanitize where I work and do my best to social distance. I have tested four times, each time negative.

Go peddle your snowflake, individualism crap somewhere where somebody cares. If you would do any research on the history of pandemics you would know what we are doing looks very much like the 1918-19 ( and 1920 flare up) response. Here is an exert:

“ The end of the 1918 pandemic wasn’t, however, just the result of so many people catching it that immunity became widespread. Social distancing was also key. Public health advice on curbing the spread of the virus was eerily similar to that of today: citizens were encouraged to stay healthy through campaigns promoting mask-wearing, frequent hand-washing, quarantining and isolating of patients, and the closure of schools, public spaces and non-essential businesses—all steps designed to cut off routes for the virus’ spread.”

You and your buddies can stay in bed under the covers where it is safe.
10-11-2020 04:49 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-11-2020 04:49 PM)Stammers Wrote:  
(10-07-2020 11:52 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  i say zero

Go away you don’t listen. All you want to do is disrupt
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020 05:46 PM by Tigerx3.)
10-11-2020 05:45 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(10-11-2020 05:45 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  
(10-11-2020 04:49 PM)Stammers Wrote:  
(10-11-2020 08:28 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  I got my letter. I also know a number who are choosing not to exercise the right to purchase because too many people are living recklessly and endangering others.

Go away you don’t listen. All you want to do is disrupt

If you don't like being ridiculed, put me on ignore.
10-11-2020 08:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.