Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

***Official Memphis vs Arkansas State Game Thread*** (9/5)
Bookmark and Share
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
RE: ***Official Memphis vs Arkansas State Game Thread*** (9/5)
I do my best to stay out of these things but if you wonder about SI and his comments on the stAte program just stop in on the stAte 247 forum. https://247sports.com/college/arkansas-state/Board/. He's not the best reference point for the program.
09-10-2020 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MvETigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
(09-07-2020 06:46 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 01:17 PM)gulfcoastgal Wrote:  
(09-06-2020 05:33 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(09-06-2020 05:27 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(09-06-2020 04:05 PM)MvETigers Wrote:  In an interview after the game Kylan Watkins said that mentally they were prepared, but still have a way to go physically.

I agree with that. The team looked well coached, but haven't been able to practice and put everything together like they would've in a normal season. This team will just keep getting better and better as the season moves along.

A team which was mentally ready does not commit 12 penalties.

I would agree BUT a team in its first game that hasn't been able to practice as much as usual does. We now have a off week to clean things up...

Ark St. went through both spring/fall camps and it showed. Memphis play reminded me of a spring scrimmage. Understandably so, as several starters had only been together for a few weeks... less than mid year enrollees playing in spring scrimmages come to think of it. Coaches and players adjusted and got a win. From that perspective, impressive, imo, with a lot to look forward to. I'll be disappointed if there isn't noticeable improvement next game...unless covid :( Then again, next men up did pretty good against a staff and team that has been together a whole lot longer. Prolly get to see some unique personnel combos this year. Plenty of opportunities for players to show what they can do.
I love the rationalizations fans come up with when their imaginary team does not materialize in game one, when they actually don't know crap about their real team much less their opponents real team.

In the real world Arkansas State is a good team than can beat most G5's (and I took the time to show you why) , Memphis is an even better team that can beat a lot of P5's. See the real world is not that hard, and the truth not your enemy.

Well unless you are Donald Trump,and if you are then my apologies, did not mean to upset you Mr. President with that truth thing. My bad. Just remember there were enough idiots in a few swing states to elect you in 2016, so hang in there, my guess is most did not get any smarter.

You're still delusional in every aspect. In the real world, a team favored by 16 and wins by 13 is only a mild upset. AR State jumped on the Tigers early as we were having to break in three starters that were only starters for less than 3 days due to C19 and other issues. Once we recovered from the first two drives, you never seriously threatened to win the game.

The AState offense is good, the defense is not. We played VERY vanilla, hardly ever stretched the field and STILL managed more than 500 yards of offense.

The truth is you are a liar. I've watched you for years on this site peddle your "Boise of the South" narrative and then backpedal when the real world didn't match your BS. The only pathetic thing is that I am sure we will have to consistently read your nonsense over the length of this contract regardless of how resoundingly we thump A State.

(to every other Arkansas State fan, I apologize for what I said about your team. I have thoroughly enjoyed every trip I have made to your stadium and your fans have always been great. Look forward to a great series. It's a shame you have an idiot like that which makes it very hard to be polite to your team)
09-10-2020 10:36 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-10-2020 10:36 PM)MvETigers Wrote:  
(09-06-2020 05:27 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  A team which was mentally ready does not commit 12 penalties.

I would agree BUT a team in its first game that hasn't been able to practice as much as usual does. We now have a off week to clean things up...

Ark St. went through both spring/fall camps and it showed. Memphis play reminded me of a spring scrimmage. Understandably so, as several starters had only been together for a few weeks... less than mid year enrollees playing in spring scrimmages come to think of it. Coaches and players adjusted and got a win. From that perspective, impressive, imo, with a lot to look forward to. I'll be disappointed if there isn't noticeable improvement next game...unless covid :( Then again, next men up did pretty good against a staff and team that has been together a whole lot longer. Prolly get to see some unique personnel combos this year. Plenty of opportunities for players to show what they can do.
I love the rationalizations fans come up with when their imaginary team does not materialize in game one, when they actually don't know crap about their real team much less their opponents real team.

In the real world Arkansas State is a good team than can beat most G5's (and I took the time to show you why) , Memphis is an even better team that can beat a lot of P5's. See the real world is not that hard, and the truth not your enemy.

Well unless you are Donald Trump,and if you are then my apologies, did not mean to upset you Mr. President with that truth thing. My bad. Just remember there were enough idiots in a few swing states to elect you in 2016, so hang in there, my guess is most did not get any smarter.

You're still delusional in every aspect. In the real world, a team favored by 16 and wins by 13 is only a mild upset. AR State jumped on the Tigers early as we were having to break in three starters that were only starters for less than 3 days due to C19 and other issues. Once we recovered from the first two drives, you never seriously threatened to win the game.

The AState offense is good, the defense is not. We played VERY vanilla, hardly ever stretched the field and STILL managed more than 500 yards of offense.

The truth is you are a liar. I've watched you for years on this site peddle your "Boise of the South" narrative and then backpedal when the real world didn't match your BS. The only pathetic thing is that I am sure we will have to consistently read your nonsense over the length of this contract regardless of how resoundingly we thump A State.

(to every other Arkansas State fan, I apologize for what I said about your team. I have thoroughly enjoyed every trip I have made to your stadium and your fans have always been great. Look forward to a great series. It's a shame you have an idiot like that which makes it very hard to be polite to your team)

Well said.
09-10-2020 10:50 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(09-06-2020 05:27 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(09-06-2020 04:05 PM)MvETigers Wrote:  In an interview after the game Kylan Watkins said that mentally they were prepared, but still have a way to go physically.

I agree with that. The team looked well coached, but haven't been able to practice and put everything together like they would've in a normal season. This team will just keep getting better and better as the season moves along.

A team which was mentally ready does not commit 12 penalties.

Reported.

Political posts are a no-no in this forum.

And in reading your posts you don't appear to be any smarter either.
06-05-2021 10:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Keeper Offline
All American

I saw this thread and thought it was a little early. Then i opened page 20 and realized it was from last year. Sure looking forward to skipping over to Jonesboro for a snowball at the game this September!
06-05-2021 05:57 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
Last year I said you would be impressed with their talent and not so much with their coaching, this year you will be impressed by both.

Memphis will again have the best roster of talent, but neither team play's their whole roster, and IF the newbies and returnees mesh well over the summer, they will field a depth chart capable of beating any G5 team, especially at their place.

They WILL be a much more talented team, and they WILL be a much better coached team, than last year, and hopefully healthy.

Not as sure about the Tigers this go-around. Expect a great game and will be shocked and more than a little impressed if the Tigers come out with a win.

I do appreciate those A-State fans that remind people here I am not one of them, but I do know more about their team than most of them.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2021 07:20 AM by Seminole Indian.)
06-08-2021 07:15 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
Little FYI when discussing their team I always try to give the tangible whys for any predictions, and it is always about talent-remember last year when my Memphis buddies asked me to use this forum to update them on what to expect from a talent stand point, after the game they were impressed with what I had told them they would see from a talent standpoint.

My early prediction on the Razorback site for them in 2021 is that while their schedule is very tough, they will be a much improved team, and win enough to be bowl eligible (and probably enough to get a bowl invite).

Because many readers may not be very knowledgeable when it comes to A-States team, I try and give them the "whys" for my prediction in as simple a format as possible https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=730387.0
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2021 07:42 AM by Seminole Indian.)
06-08-2021 07:28 AM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(06-05-2021 05:57 PM)Keeper Wrote:  I saw this thread and thought it was a little early. Then i opened page 20 and realized it was from last year. Sure looking forward to skipping over to Jonesboro for a snowball at the game this September!

I think we need to go edit the thread title with a year. :-P
06-08-2021 08:00 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-08-2021 07:15 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  Last year I said you would be impressed with their talent and not so much with their coaching, this year you will be impressed by both.

Memphis will again have the best roster of talent, but neither team play's their whole roster, and IF the newbies and returnees mesh well over the summer, they will field a depth chart capable of beating any G5 team, especially at their place.

They WILL be a much more talented team, and they WILL be a much better coached team, than last year, and hopefully healthy.

Not as sure about the Tigers this go-around. Expect a great game and will be shocked and more than a little impressed if the Tigers come out with a win.

I do appreciate those A-State fans that remind people here I am not one of them, but I do know more about their team than most of them.

Has ASU replaced Butch Jones with someone we dont know about? If y'all are hanging your hopes on that clown, well good luck to ya!
06-08-2021 08:06 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(09-06-2020 02:59 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  If your stupid tyrant hadn't called Kaepernick a b*tch for peacefully protesting, we might have more peaceful protests.

You reap what you sow.

Millions of Americans died, which allowed loser POS the freedom to crap on the anthem.
06-08-2021 08:11 AM
Eagleonpar Online
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
(06-08-2021 08:11 AM)Stammers Wrote:  
(09-06-2020 02:59 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  If your stupid tyrant hadn't called Kaepernick a b*tch for peacefully protesting, we might have more peaceful protests.

You reap what you sow.

Millions of Americans died, which allowed loser POS the freedom to crap on the anthem.

Amen
06-08-2021 11:26 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(06-08-2021 07:28 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  Little FYI when discussing their team I always try to give the tangible whys for any predictions, and it is always about talent-remember last year when my Memphis buddies asked me to use this forum to update them on what to expect from a talent stand point, after the game they were impressed with what I had told them they would see from a talent standpoint.

My early prediction on the Razorback site for them in 2021 is that while their schedule is very tough, they will be a much improved team, and win enough to be bowl eligible (and probably enough to get a bowl invite).

Because many readers may not be very knowledgeable when it comes to A-States team, I try and give them the "whys" for my prediction in as simple a format as possible https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=730387.0

The concept of anyone asking you for anything beyond where they can find a public toilet or the nearest McDonald's, is mind blowing. If people that low on the food chain exist, they barely have access to electricity and running water.
06-08-2021 12:19 PM
MvETigers Offline
Special Teams

(06-08-2021 07:15 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  Last year I said you would be impressed with their talent and not so much with their coaching, this year you will be impressed by both.

Once again, you prove a level of cluelessness that is almost unmatched by any other than possibly ut fans, and even they are realizing their team sucks.

I will be shocked if it isn't at least a 7 point spread and Memphis doesn't win by double digits. The game was 37-17 last year in a season Memphis didn't have a Spring Camp and only practiced 8 times prior to the game... while installing a new defense and offense. That doesn't address losing an All-American a week prior to the game.

Spread your crap somewhere else, I bet NOBODY on this board actually asked for your opinion... ever.
06-08-2021 08:45 PM
Tiger87 Online
Hall of Famer

ouch
Boise of the South, indeed
06-09-2021 07:36 AM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(09-10-2020 08:15 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  I do my best to stay out of these things but if you wonder about SI and his comments on the stAte program just stop in on the stAte 247 forum. https://247sports.com/college/arkansas-state/Board/. He's not the best reference point for the program.
Close to a year later, but thanks for the response...makes much more sense. Wish nothing but the best for Ark St!
06-09-2021 01:56 PM
Keeper Offline
All American

ASt has been a traditional foe and the series has been competitive. It is much like the Memphis oldmz games. Hop skip and a jump road trip. Heck ASt is just a hop and skip. I like having 8 games with no travel problems. Hope this series continues, unlike the oldmz one.
06-09-2021 07:18 PM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
(06-09-2021 07:18 PM)Keeper Wrote:  ASt has been a traditional foe and the series has been competitive. It is much like the Memphis oldmz games. Hop skip and a jump road trip. Heck ASt is just a hop and skip. I like having 8 games with no travel problems. Hope this series continues, unlike the oldmz one.

Not as competitive as many believe, at least not in the post WWII modern era of college football. IMO, the overall record is a bit misleading. 15 of their 22 wins were 1914-1937 when we were known as WTNS & WTSTC. 6 of the first 7 games had to be played in Jonesboro due to lack of facilities. This all occurred 84-107 years ago. Post WWII we are 23-7-4, including a 10 game winning streak prior to the Porter years. Including that hiccup, they’ve managed to go 3-3 against us in the past 7 games. We’ve done the same against Ole Miss, but the series is what it is.

I’m not slamming ASU, despite the doofus troll that goes by Seminole Indian. Only meant for perspective.
06-10-2021 10:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.