Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I had to laugh
bluelight Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
RE: I had to laugh
(08-13-2020 05:53 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(08-13-2020 05:45 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  
(08-11-2020 10:25 AM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  i'll donate mine to ODAF.

Yeah....Me too. I'll donate the cost of my season ticket for football.

Doing the same.

You guys must have money, to spare. Wood's salary has not been touched in 6 months and you are willing to give the ODAF money, without football fans and probably much of basketball. As to basketball we are getting lower ratings due to poor recruiting. Sooner or later it is coming back to bite us. Then and only then, Wood will look for a new coach.
08-15-2020 04:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bench jockey Offline
1st String

Or, Blue, maybe they're just very passionate fans who love the school, want to see it be the best it can AND don't ***** and moan about everything.
08-15-2020 04:12 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Sent mine to ODAF yesterday.
08-15-2020 06:50 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(08-15-2020 04:05 PM)bluelight Wrote:  
(08-13-2020 05:53 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(08-13-2020 05:45 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  
(08-11-2020 10:25 AM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  i'll donate mine to ODAF.

Yeah....Me too. I'll donate the cost of my season ticket for football.

Doing the same.

You guys must have money, to spare. Wood's salary has not been touched in 6 months and you are willing to give the ODAF money, without football fans and probably much of basketball. As to basketball we are getting lower ratings due to poor recruiting. Sooner or later it is coming back to bite us. Then and only then, Wood will look for a new coach.

As an alum i love the school and would love to see the school flourish on all fronts. My donations or contributions are a small part that i do in an effort to give back to the institution that made me what i am today or atleast gave me the confidence to pursue. I have a bigger obligation to my school in a different way than someone who is hired to do their job. I don't know how much Mr Selig or Broderick love the school but i will still donate no matter who is holding those positions. I am sure a lot of Alums agree with me or atleast to a certain degree.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020 12:42 PM by 12thmonarch.)
08-16-2020 11:11 AM
ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

(08-15-2020 04:12 PM)bench jockey Wrote:  Or, Blue, maybe they're just very passionate fans who love the school, want to see it be the best it can AND don't ***** and moan about everything.

I'm a passionate fan and alumni. Now is the time for all good Alumni and Fans to come to the aid of ODU...
08-17-2020 09:56 AM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I always try to put my discretionary money where I believe it is needed. For example, for the first time ever I contributed to a political campaign this year because I believe this is a pivotal election year for our country. In the same vein, I donated my ticket costs to ODAF because Monarch athletics is in a financial crisis of a kind we have never before experienced. What better use could there be for what was already a sunk cost than to help ensure there will be season tickets to purchase in the future?

To me, all this falderal about Wood Selig's salary is nothing more than bluster to cover unwillingness to part with money that could be used for a cause that is dear to the heart of any Monarch fan.
08-17-2020 01:30 PM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

(08-17-2020 01:30 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  I always try to put my discretionary money where I believe it is needed. For example, for the first time ever I contributed to a political campaign this year because I believe this is a pivotal election year for our country. In the same vein, I donated my ticket costs to ODAF because Monarch athletics is in a financial crisis of a kind we have never before experienced. What better use could there be for what was already a sunk cost than to help ensure there will be season tickets to purchase in the future?

To me, all this falderal about Wood Selig's salary is nothing more than bluster to cover unwillingness to part with money that could be used for a cause that is dear to the heart of any Monarch fan.

The fact of the matter is donations are going to plummet whether Wood Selig gives up his salary or not and regardless of all the hand waving and virtue signaling. On top of zero revenue, a major loss in donations is the reality that is going to have to be dealt with sooner or later. What's the plan? Beg for a state bailout? Back to FCS? Cut football altogether and rejoin the CAA? Hope someone with $40M in the bank like Verlander bails them out? I don't know what the answer is, but I really see no other way. I think some kind of plan would have a chance of saving it or give donors motivation to circle the wagons.
08-17-2020 02:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.