Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Time to Dust Off Your PowerPoint
(08-05-2020 07:57 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 07:16 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 11:47 AM)doss2 Wrote:  If we want a centered site for BB:

Atlanta - Already taken
Knoxville - I doubt UT would allow use of Thomson Bolling
St. Louis - The Dome the former home of football Cardinals.

Nashville

Already taken, at least half of the time, by SEC...

Let's be honest... AAC fans don't travel to the Conference tournament. We don't need a huge NBA arena.

Put it in New Orleans at Tulane's 3,000 seat gym. Call it "historic." Call it "intimate." Call it "Standing room only basketball." You'll actually sell games out. The atmosphere will be decent. Who cares if it's "on campus," just bill it as "College Basketball the way it was meant to be."

Hell, it'll be charming.

I like this. A conference tourney in a full arena with fans from multiple programs is so much more dynamic (and better for TV) than playing in a cavernous arena with a few pockets of fans scattered. Plus New Orleans is a terrific destination that offers fans abundant options for dining and entertainment during a three day tourney visit.

Going to NOLA annually could become a tradition for a conference still trying to carve out an identity. MSG in NYC is synonymous with the old (and now new) Big East. On the whole, I'd rather be in NOLA in March weather than NY.

08-06-2020 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skylinecat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
(08-06-2020 09:39 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 07:57 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 07:16 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 11:47 AM)doss2 Wrote:  If we want a centered site for BB:

Atlanta - Already taken
Knoxville - I doubt UT would allow use of Thomson Bolling
St. Louis - The Dome the former home of football Cardinals.

Nashville

Already taken, at least half of the time, by SEC...

Let's be honest... AAC fans don't travel to the Conference tournament. We don't need a huge NBA arena.

Put it in New Orleans at Tulane's 3,000 seat gym. Call it "historic." Call it "intimate." Call it "Standing room only basketball." You'll actually sell games out. The atmosphere will be decent. Who cares if it's "on campus," just bill it as "College Basketball the way it was meant to be."

Hell, it'll be charming.

I like this. A conference tourney in a full arena with fans from multiple programs is so much more dynamic (and better for TV) than playing in a cavernous arena with a few pockets of fans scattered. Plus New Orleans is a terrific destination that offers fans abundant options for dining and entertainment during a three day tourney visit.

Going to NOLA annually could become a tradition for a conference still trying to carve out an identity. MSG in NYC is synonymous with the old (and now new) Big East. On the whole, I'd rather be in NOLA in March weather than NY.

If I remember right, Tulane is in a pretty neat little pocket of town as well. A high school gym in New Orleans is better than Fort Worth.

08-06-2020 10:03 AM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
I can’t comment on which arena should be used, but my wife and I absolutely love Nawlins.

08-06-2020 12:18 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2020 09:49 PM by dsquare.)
08-23-2020 09:49 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Get a little mileage out of our top 25 preseason down south. LOL

Bring on the SEC!

https://www.si.com/college/vanderbilt/fo...-continues

08-29-2020 11:01 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
Time to Dust Off Your PowerPoint
"but the Bearcat's other sports aren't quite up to the level that the conference might want."

????

Being a bubble basketball team was the most B10 thing you could do last season

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

08-29-2020 11:59 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(08-29-2020 11:59 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  "but the Bearcat's other sports aren't quite up to the level that the conference might want."

????

Being a bubble basketball team was the most B10 thing you could do last season

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

In addition to hoops, our baseball team would be a top 3-4 team right away. The AAC is a better baseball conference today to bottom.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2020 12:19 PM by CliftonAve.)
08-29-2020 12:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.