Bookmark and Share
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Akron D2 Study
(07-19-2020 05:19 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(07-18-2020 04:18 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  
(07-17-2020 11:08 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(07-17-2020 11:01 AM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Not taking a side here, but I think people would be surprised what a FCS playoff every year capped with championship banner would do for recognition and attendance (like it could get any worse).

Unfortunately even winning at a lower level would not be guaranteed.

And if we start to have a carousel of good players leaving each year, would it really be worse a level lower?

And I hardly think anyone is going to NIU for our superior DI programs (ok, football) any more. If it was 20% of the 2k students at a game I'd be shocked. Doesn't seem to hurt ISU. 05-stirthepot

I completely agree. While I certainly understand fans' desire for NIU to remain DI, times have changed (and none so more than the last 6 months). Finances are drying up and schedules are being washed down the drain. If NIU were forced to drop down to FCS, it would not change my support or financial commitment one bit.

Screw FCS, ISU would kill to bump up to FBS if they had a clear path. The savings from dropping down would be greatly eclipsed by the losses, tangible and otherwise.

They averaged more at home than NIU in 2019

I'm sure all their games were on Saturday and as we've learned in the past, attendance numbers are not always consistent with butts in the seats. NIU reports actual numbers in attendance vs. tickets sold.
07-19-2020 05:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: Akron D2 Study
(07-19-2020 05:57 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(07-19-2020 05:19 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(07-18-2020 04:18 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  
(07-17-2020 11:08 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(07-17-2020 11:01 AM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Not taking a side here, but I think people would be surprised what a FCS playoff every year capped with championship banner would do for recognition and attendance (like it could get any worse).

Unfortunately even winning at a lower level would not be guaranteed.

And if we start to have a carousel of good players leaving each year, would it really be worse a level lower?

And I hardly think anyone is going to NIU for our superior DI programs (ok, football) any more. If it was 20% of the 2k students at a game I'd be shocked. Doesn't seem to hurt ISU. 05-stirthepot

I completely agree. While I certainly understand fans' desire for NIU to remain DI, times have changed (and none so more than the last 6 months). Finances are drying up and schedules are being washed down the drain. If NIU were forced to drop down to FCS, it would not change my support or financial commitment one bit.

Screw FCS, ISU would kill to bump up to FBS if they had a clear path. The savings from dropping down would be greatly eclipsed by the losses, tangible and otherwise.

They averaged more at home than NIU in 2019

I'm sure all their games were on Saturday and as we've learned in the past, attendance numbers are not always consistent with butts in the seats. NIU reports actual numbers in attendance vs. tickets sold.

I'm not sure what they report. I do know they, like other schools, resell tix on Stubhub.
07-19-2020 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.