Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A thread to share positive news about Covid-19 Rx and vaccine developments
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
RE: A thread to share positive news about Covid-19 Rx and vaccine developments
(09-26-2020 09:00 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(09-26-2020 08:17 PM)jedclampett Wrote:  
(09-26-2020 08:04 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  The first wave was a fake also.

In other words, you're suggesting that the 204,000+ documented deaths (with death certificates) due to Covid-19 (with the cause of death in most or all cases being printed on the death certificates) were "fake deaths?"

No, the deaths aren't fake. The "wave" of covid deaths was a fake.

There is NO WAY 204,000 people died of covid. NO. WAY.

I don't care what death certificates say.

I'm sure many doctors would tell you, as mine did, that more men die with prostate cancer than from prostate cancer. Probably many of the 204,000 died with Covid instead of from Covid.
10-02-2020 01:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HoustonRocks Offline
1st String

I Root For: HoustonCougars
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020 09:30 PM by HoustonRocks.)
10-05-2020 09:29 PM
coogrfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
The National Review? Seriously?
10-06-2020 02:13 PM
smu89 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: SMU
A thread to share positive news about Covid-19 Rx and vaccine developments
A new report from The New York Times indicates that experts have “genuine confidence” that the coronavirus pandemic will end “far sooner” than originally expected and that President Donald Trump’s Operation Warp Speed — the administration’s efforts to facilitate and accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics — has been “working with remarkable efficiency.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nyt-exper...efficiency

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
10-13-2020 07:33 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
The New York Times? Seriously? 03-wink

Just kidding, thanks for sharing the news.
10-13-2020 09:31 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
If you are interested this is one of the best articles I've seen explaining the mechanics of the virus. Complete with short videos along the way showing the actual virus - with computer enhancement to display the parts. How the virus spikes swivel looking for receptors and how it cloaks itself to hide from our immune system. How one virus protein hijacks our cellular machinery and how another creates a tunnel to get out of vesicles and infect other cells. Very easy read with pictures. :-)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020...eiled.html
10-14-2020 08:08 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-14-2020 08:08 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  If you are interested this is one of the best articles I've seen explaining the mechanics of the virus. Complete with short videos along the way showing the actual virus - with computer enhancement to display the parts. How the virus spikes swivel looking for receptors and how it cloaks itself to hide from our immune system. How one virus protein hijacks our cellular machinery and how another creates a tunnel to get out of vesicles and infect other cells. Very easy read with pictures. :-)

So that is positive news? lol
10-14-2020 09:50 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-14-2020 09:50 AM)TripleA Wrote:  
(10-14-2020 08:08 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  If you are interested this is one of the best articles I've seen explaining the mechanics of the virus. Complete with short videos along the way showing the actual virus - with computer enhancement to display the parts. How the virus spikes swivel looking for receptors and how it cloaks itself to hide from our immune system. How one virus protein hijacks our cellular machinery and how another creates a tunnel to get out of vesicles and infect other cells. Very easy read with pictures. :-)

I'm sure the article itself wasn't describing anything new -- what is good news is how far the researchers / scientist have come in the understanding of this virus. In fact, the antibody cocktail that Trump received is a product of that research and understanding.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2020 01:23 PM by TIGERCITY.)
10-14-2020 01:20 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-14-2020 01:20 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  
(10-14-2020 09:50 AM)TripleA Wrote:  

I'm sure the article itself wasn't describing anything new -- what is good news is how far the researchers / scientist have come in the understanding of this virus. In fact, the antibody cocktail that Trump received is a product of that research and understanding.

Fair enough. From your description, I just didn't see anything encouraging.
10-14-2020 01:50 PM
HoustonRocks Offline
1st String

University of Houston partners with local company to develop
cutting-edge COVID vaccine.

a nasal inhalant.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/inno...radarajan/
10-15-2020 09:49 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Linked is an open letter from the chairman and CEO of Pfizer. His best estimate for showing efficacy of their vaccine candidate is late October. His best estimate to show safety is the "third week in November" - at which time they will apply to the FDA for a emergency used authorization. 04-cheers

https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/a...ert_bourla
10-16-2020 10:56 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Johns Hopkins Researchers Identify Immune System Pathway That May Stop COVID-19 Infection

https://scitechdaily.com/johns-hopkins-r...infection/
10-18-2020 10:53 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-16-2020 10:56 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Linked is an open letter from the chairman and CEO of Pfizer. His best estimate for showing efficacy of their vaccine candidate is late October. His best estimate to show safety is the "third week in November" - at which time they will apply to the FDA for a emergency used authorization. 04-cheers

It is amazing how fast the work has been done on this virus. Just need 2 or 3 of the vaccines being produced to get approved in Nov/Dec time frame. Along with the Government guessing right on which ones to fast track production.
10-19-2020 08:09 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-19-2020 08:09 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(10-16-2020 10:56 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Linked is an open letter from the chairman and CEO of Pfizer. His best estimate for showing efficacy of their vaccine candidate is late October. His best estimate to show safety is the "third week in November" - at which time they will apply to the FDA for a emergency used authorization. 04-cheers

It is amazing how fast the work has been done on this virus. Just need 2 or 3 of the vaccines being produced to get approved in Nov/Dec time frame. Along with the Government guessing right on which ones to fast track production.

I would imagine that part of this is the resurgence of the virus. We shot through 70000 new cases yesterday. More infections means better data and quicker timelines - that said, I have a feeling we're in for a rough month or so.
10-19-2020 09:51 AM
HoustonRocks Offline
1st String

10-21-2020 10:22 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
“University of Tennessee Health Science Center and University of New Mexico researchers have identified three drugs which could possibly be used as early-stage novel coronavirus treatment.”

https://dailymemphian.com/section/metro/...-treatment
10-22-2020 05:36 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-19-2020 09:51 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  
(10-16-2020 10:56 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/a...ert_bourla

I would imagine that part of this is the resurgence of the virus. We shot through 70000 new cases yesterday. More infections means better data and quicker timelines - that said, I have a feeling we're in for a rough month or so.

New cases are up, but death rates have not followed. We understand the virus better, and are doing a better job with treating it. Here in Florida we are running at 25 to 35% of what we had at the peak in July. We have taken a bit of a jump over 3 weeks ago, but have opened everything up. Still lots of mask and social distancing done, But the economy is recovering.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2020 07:03 AM by goodknightfl.)
10-22-2020 07:02 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(10-22-2020 07:02 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(10-19-2020 09:51 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  
(10-16-2020 10:56 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/a...ert_bourla

New cases are up, but death rates have not followed. We understand the virus better, and are doing a better job with treating it. Here in Florida we are running at 25 to 35% of what we had at the peak in July. We have taken a bit of a jump over 3 weeks ago, but have opened everything up. Still lots of mask and social distancing done, But the economy is recovering.

In Nashville, as of 10/21/20, the two week death rate (deaths/total cases) is 0.238%. The overall death rate is 0.894%. At least one cause (I read) is better treatments.
10-22-2020 08:15 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Take a look at this study showing the affect of mask-wearing -- and wearing different types of masks. Note the synergistic effect when both parties wear masks. (Eg the lowest ranking mask was cloth. Still a "receiver" wearing a cloth mask blocks 20 to 40% of the virus, a "spreader" cloth mask blocks 50% of the virus. So when both parties are wearing masks, even cloth, a substantial portion of virus is blocked)

https://msphere.asm.org/content/5/5/e00637-20
10-22-2020 04:09 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Should wear mask anyways, so we don't have to look at faces of ugly people.
10-23-2020 08:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.