Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
RE: Pelosi: Nationwide Mask Requirement Is ‘Long Overdue’
(06-29-2020 12:23 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(06-29-2020 11:42 AM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(06-29-2020 11:19 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(06-29-2020 10:19 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(06-28-2020 04:16 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  The botox joker could have just stopped right here: "The wearing of face masks as an attempt to control" and saved us all a moment or two of hearing/reading her drivel.

Do I VOLUNTARILY wear one? Yes, yes I do. As a courtesy to others in case I'm somehow infected. Do I do so as some kind of governmental diktat? Not in my life nor my Mothers life.

GFY

Pretty much my stance also. I carry one around with me if I get into a close quarters situation or it is required by the business. I had to have on one on for my dentist appt. Ive had to use it a 6 or 7 times. Most of the time Im able to stay more than 6 feet from people.

Same here. If I'm in a Home Depot I can keep my distance. If I'm in a restaurant picking up food, a grocery store or an Ace Hardware, I wear it.

Small sample size, but of the handful of instances I’ve observed an apparent healthcare worker (wearing scrubs) at both Ace and the grocery - no mask. One appeared to be a doctor and had a mask hanging around his neck (possibly from his shift). This doesn’t get me all excited about getting on the mask train.

Well maybe just desperate for a break. Ran into a neighbor whose husband is a surgeon. Says he has a continuous rash from wearing them all the time. He has the heavy duty one for surgery and a somewhat less annoying one for the rest of the time at work.

Store employees wearing a mask for an entire shift must be a brutal experience. I couldn’t to it.
06-29-2020 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(06-29-2020 12:34 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  I suppose anyone can own scrubs, but I’m unaware of a fashion trend around here. That and my conclusion that they were healthcare workers wasn’t based solely on scrubs. The scrubs were what got my attention. My only point was that they didn’t appear to be pushing the local agenda that everyone should be masked.

I have never worked clinically, but I sometimes would wear scrubs to work depending on what I was doing... so I have lots of pairs of scrubs... as do many other non-clinical people... even dog groomers etc... and I sometimes wear them to change my oil, work in the yard or as pajamas. I assumed there was other evidence by the way you described your situation, which is why although I addressed some of what you said, I didn't quote you because I wasn't really challenging you or your observation... just using it as a jumping off point.

As to 'pushing the local agenda'... I don't think that's their job any more than anyone else's, and they're probably more burned out about them (especially since that's only part of what they do) than the guy who is asked to wear it for maybe 45 minutes out of his day.

I could actually see it as a bit of a protest towards those who don't work in healthcare and don't wear them.... because as I said, they're protecting 'those people' by wearing masks, not themselves. If 'we' don't care to protect them outside of their work... why should they care to protect us?

I'd also wonder if they were 'socially distant' when you saw them. Of all people, they would be keenly aware of the need to sometimes catch your breath/pull the mask down... I mean, the fact that they went to the effort of putting one on, and then left it around their necks almost presumes that they knew they could pull it up at a moments notice if they needed to... i.e. if they needed to sneeze or couldn't distance themselves. The whole 'one way' shopping thing designed to cut down on people passing each other is stupid.... momentary lack of social distancing/passing people in an aisle (unless you're sneezing at the moment) is not the problem.

Again, sorry that I wasn't clear that I wasn't taking issue with your observations... just using it as a jumping off point.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2020 01:06 PM by Hambone10.)
06-29-2020 01:05 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
The could be NO effective enforcement, what good does the requirement do?
06-29-2020 01:06 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(06-29-2020 01:06 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  The could be NO effective enforcement, what good does the requirement do?

That's a great point.

If local law enforcement doesn't have to enforce federal immigration laws (or even do a bare minimum in cooperating with ICE), then why would they enforce federal laws about face masks?

Maybe they're suggesting providing funding for a new federal force to enforce mask wearing. They could call it the Public Organization for Ingestion hole Cover Enforcement, or POLICE. They would obviously never be in favor of defunding it.
06-29-2020 01:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.