[Show Results]

Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19
Bookmark and Share
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
RE: Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19
(06-20-2020 11:39 AM)Usajags Wrote:  
(06-20-2020 11:31 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Frustrating to see Americans cant/wont collectively work together toward a common goal like S. Korean citizens.

This is a result of our current political and media climate. Both sides complain the other is lying and is trying to destroy America. That works great for the extreme right and left, but for the majority middle, we are fed up with it and don’t believe either. So all we want to do is be left alone and let us live our lives. Until we have term limits and not people in the government for 40 years blaming the new guy for all the problems, this will just get worse.
Virus don't care

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
06-20-2020 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

(06-20-2020 12:04 PM)debragga Wrote:  The way this discussion has turned reminds me of this meme:
[Image: wez7bhnhsls41.jpg]
Just put on a damn mask

06-20-2020 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
Definitely agree that as the right and left (parties) drift further right and left, the moderate left and right have no real parties anymore. I’d also like to add that the separation of the 3 branches is a complete sham at this point. Congressmen and women fall in line for fear of risking political suicide. This further creates a partisan divide between the left and the right. Along with the legislative branch, the top of the judicial branch is obviously being controlled by the executive branch as well. It’s all wild. I don’t think this is a new trend, but it is certainly more blatant nowadays.

Anyways...in terms of Covid, we as a country would rather fall into this political divide instead of effectively stunting the spread. DT today even said he wanted to slow down testing. As the survey in this thread suggests, some people take it seriously, some people are apathetic, and others in between. Some people literally got bored of it and decided it was done. There is a 3 mile causeway to an island in Georgia that was backed up all the way to the entrance today. Anyways...this was a test and we did not/still are not doing well. I pray to GOD that a more serious pandemic doesn’t occur during my lifetime.
06-21-2020 12:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
APPdiesel Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
I work in radio, and granted it’s an environment where you’re only exposed to a small number of people every day, but my program director has had all his air staff coming in every single day. It’s unnecessary and unsafe. Our other program director has had 100% of his air staff working remotely from the beginning.

I do agree that having hosts, cohosts, and producers separated takes away from the show, but wake up dude. I’ve been doing artist interviews with our afternoon jock, who’s wife is a nurse, who had a COVID scare. Turned out negative but my boss put me in a situation where I could’ve easily contracted.

People aren’t being smart about this thing. Arrogance and ignorance is going to prolong this virus.
06-21-2020 08:28 AM
BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Those that have put their heads in the sand about this virus need to wake up.

Ever since we started to reopen our economy, there has been a spike in cases, mainly because there were so many who decided they would go back to the way things were.

And, it's getting worse. Younger people (under age 35) are about to be the biggest age group for having the virus. While the fatalities will be miniscule, they will infect a lot of people who won't be as lucky.

This is going to get worse before it gets better. That you can bank on.

And, like many have said, both sides of the political spectrum are to blame. Trump lied to us about the potential of this virus for at least six weeks before he declared an emergency. The left used scare tactics that were so "we're all gonna die" in nature that many simply paid no mind...similar to Henny Penny.

And so....here we are.

WEAR THE DAMN MASK. SOCIAL DISTANCE. AVOID CROWDS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. AND WASH YOUR HANDS.
06-21-2020 08:35 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

The hypocrisy related to large gatherings knows no bounds.

That is part of the public perception.

Some are using the virus conveniently to halt certain activities while allowing others from small matters to large.

Picking winners and losers at every turn.

It is here, it isn’t going anywhere, adapt, adjust, and work together to find solutions.
06-21-2020 09:20 AM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
(06-20-2020 11:05 AM)AlwaysSunny Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 11:16 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 09:48 PM)panama Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 07:08 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 02:23 PM)panama Wrote:  The experts told the truth. The people in charge chose to be the Mayor from Jaws.

There is a reason why South Korea with the same information has 12k cases and 280 deaths in a country of 50M

I am curious as to have they counted Covid19 deaths in a lot of countries. This virus doesn't magically dissapear because people spend a few weeks in solitary. I'm sure they were able to do a better job in containment, but our numbers of dead are so inflated its comical.
I have been to Korea 4 times and spent maybe a total of four months there. Talks to people there a couple times a week. Masks are a part of the culture as in obedience to authority. They REALLY shut down and REALLY stayed home. Lol @ blaming their numbers.

Let's say that they actually had ten times as many cases and deaths.

That's what 120k vs 2.2M for is!??!!

By the way, they didn't lie about their numbers because they don't have the mayor from Jaws running things. LOL

Ahhhhhhh. My response got deleted.

Well I am not going to repeat it all. Basically that our numbers of dead are crap and you can never properly shut this country down so it was a complete waste of time and resources. Now when a
really serious virus does hit no one will believe it.

People like this are why this virus is so out of control in the US vs other first world nations. Americans are idiots.

Haha. I've been washing hands and staying home when sick decades before this crap. My wife and I both work with Covid19 samples daily. Its our job. The number of dead is over inflated by at least half. And yes it is basically a cold. This one just affects certain population at a disproportionate level. But even then its still got 99.7%+ survival rate. Take individual precautions and deal with it.
06-21-2020 01:17 PM
panama Offline
Legend

That's great as long it's not you or your relative that dies...

06-21-2020 04:46 PM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
(06-21-2020 04:46 PM)panama Wrote:  That's great as long it's not you or your relative that dies...

So no one should ever drive a car anymore by that logic, right? Because you could get in a freak accident and kill someone’s family member. So we should all stay home forever, right?
06-21-2020 08:14 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(06-21-2020 08:14 PM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(06-21-2020 04:46 PM)panama Wrote:  That's great as long it's not you or your relative that dies...

So no one should ever drive a car anymore by that logic, right? Because you could get in a freak accident and kill someone’s family member. So we should all stay home forever, right?

Not sure I completely understand the logic of destroy the economy, education system, life styles and lively hood for the possibility of getting a virus that may or may not make you sick, and yes, could, in the extreme, kill you.

AIDS started in the 80’s, have sex and die, people didn’t stop having sex, people did a better job of protecting themselves, but continued with life. At some point we have to accept this is now a part of our world, and always will be. Medical will continue to get better, but at some point we must continue with life, with all the threats that includes.
06-21-2020 08:27 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Scamdemic
06-22-2020 03:04 AM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
(06-21-2020 08:27 PM)Usajags Wrote:  

Not sure I completely understand the logic of destroy the economy, education system, life styles and lively hood for the possibility of getting a virus that may or may not make you sick, and yes, could, in the extreme, kill you.

AIDS started in the 80’s, have sex and die, people didn’t stop having sex, people did a better job of protecting themselves, but continued with life. At some point we have to accept this is now a part of our world, and always will be. Medical will continue to get better, but at some point we must continue with life, with all the threats that includes.

You better stop it with your sound reasoning and logic! That’s not allowed in this new culture that has been established.
06-22-2020 04:45 AM
AlwaysSunny Offline
1st String

I Root For: NCAA
(06-22-2020 04:45 AM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(06-21-2020 08:27 PM)Usajags Wrote:  

You better stop it with your sound reasoning and logic! That’s not allowed in this new culture that has been established.

Sound reasoning and logic are two things that have nothing to do with this post.
06-22-2020 07:20 AM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
I guess I might get tested soon. One of the wife's co-workers is being tested after running a fever all weekend. Should know today.
06-22-2020 07:21 AM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
I quit caring about the numbers a long time ago. more testing more cases found...duh. we dont even turn on the news til about 5 after because they spend the first 5 minutes talking about the virus. dont care anymore. even at 73, I feel if I get it, I will be sick for a while. big deal. It's tragic what some panicky officials have done to the older folks in retirement homes. especially those moron leaders in N.Y. state. the couple of people we now who got it said WTF, no big whoop. the numbers are barely more than any of the other main causes of death..it is a shame that hospitals get money from the government if they claim covid on everything. they have lost credibility. I have basically just done my usual stuff the whole time and plan to continue to do so.
06-22-2020 08:07 AM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
Refusing to take sensible precautions is going to cost us football this year.
06-22-2020 08:28 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

If we don't play football this season it's going to cost many schools much more than one season.

There aren't enough sensible precautions for the those controlling narrative.

I wish the election were Labor Day we'd have a better chance at having football and a fall semester.
06-22-2020 08:33 AM
debragga Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
(06-22-2020 08:33 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  If we don't play football this season it's going to cost many schools much more than one season.

I wish the election were Labor Day we'd have a better chance at having football and a fall semester.

Election Day being a holiday is something that has been pushed by Democrats and the left as a whole. Just saying
06-22-2020 08:55 AM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(06-22-2020 08:55 AM)debragga Wrote:  
(06-22-2020 08:33 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  If we don't play football this season it's going to cost many schools much more than one season.

Election Day being a holiday is something that has been pushed by Democrats and the left as a whole. Just saying

Democratic forms of government should encourage voting
06-22-2020 08:58 AM
debragga Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
(06-22-2020 08:58 AM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  
(06-22-2020 08:55 AM)debragga Wrote:  

Democratic forms of government should encourage voting

Yes they should
06-22-2020 09:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.