Open TigerLinks

Norvell in hot water?
Bookmark and Share
macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Norvell in hot water?
(06-04-2020 01:37 PM)maximus Wrote:  Honest question,

What does "not integrated like they should be" even mean?

On the surface it sounds ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

In a perfect world we wouldn't segregate ourselves.

We do it in church...

In school you had different areas of the lunch room...Even now

Many people choose neighborhoods based on who they live near.

Many black folks choose to live near black folks...And it is not always a financial deal.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2020 01:41 PM by macgar32.)
06-04-2020 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(06-04-2020 01:37 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 01:23 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 01:15 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  Black folk just want to be treated the same by the police...That doesn't happen.

And just so there's no misunderstanding, I agree. ALL people should be treated equally. I am completely against racism in any form. Black folk should not have to fear police. Do you know who statistically kills way more black folk than any cop of any race? Other black folks. Them's the facts, easy to look up.

Dude I have a black daughter-in-law. She's a fine young lady and I don't really give a damn about race. But I will not bow and scrape because I'm white.

I don't think the many of police treating black people different are racist...

Not even close.

But I do think they need training so that they don't target a group of people because statistically they commit more crime per capita.

I absolutely agree.

My only point in this thread, and in this country I'm allowed to have an opinion even if I'm WHITE and even if you don't like it, is that if Norvell was black we would not even be having this conversation (and you know it).
06-04-2020 01:42 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(06-04-2020 01:33 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 01:31 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  Again with posting those darned misleading statistics.

Crimes are usually committed by people living in close proximity to each other...

Unfortunately our neighborhoods are not integrated like they should be so black folks live near black folks...Hence black folks are killed by black folks...Just like white folks are killed by white folks and latino folks are killed by latino folks.

Again with the race baiting.

Race baiting...

Huh...I clarified your misleading statement.

Saying black people kill more black people than police means what...It means nothing because of what I stated in the post above.
06-04-2020 01:42 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(06-04-2020 01:42 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 01:31 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  Again with posting those darned misleading statistics.

Crimes are usually committed by people living in close proximity to each other...

Unfortunately our neighborhoods are not integrated like they should be so black folks live near black folks...Hence black folks are killed by black folks...Just like white folks are killed by white folks and latino folks are killed by latino folks.

Race baiting...

Saying black people kill more black people than police means what...It means nothing because of what I stated in the post above.

Argue with someone else
06-04-2020 01:44 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(06-04-2020 01:42 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 01:37 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 01:23 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 01:15 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  Black folk just want to be treated the same by the police...That doesn't happen.

And just so there's no misunderstanding, I agree. ALL people should be treated equally. I am completely against racism in any form. Black folk should not have to fear police. Do you know who statistically kills way more black folk than any cop of any race? Other black folks. Them's the facts, easy to look up.

Dude I have a black daughter-in-law. She's a fine young lady and I don't really give a damn about race. But I will not bow and scrape because I'm white.

I don't think the many of police treating black people different are racist...

Not even close.

But I do think they need training so that they don't target a group of people because statistically they commit more crime per capita.

I absolutely agree.

My only point in this thread, and in this country I'm allowed to have an opinion even if I'm WHITE and even if you don't like it, is that if Norvell was black we would not even be having this conversation (and you know it).

If Norvell was black the player likely wouldn't have posted on instagram...

No doubt about it.

I stated that it was a disgruntled player issue and ESPN needs something to talk about. This is getting run because the player gave it life...If the coach is black the player likely doesn't question the coaches sincerity about the statement.

But if the player posted the same thing about a black coach and the players were going to sit out of practice (Highly unlikely)...Yes we would be talking about it and it would be in the news.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2020 01:49 PM by macgar32.)
06-04-2020 01:44 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

06-04-2020 01:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

So now we're reduced to making public apologies for a simple miswording. What a world.
06-04-2020 02:01 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

That's the response I can expect from Norvell.

He'll be fine.
06-04-2020 02:01 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-04-2020 02:01 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  So now we're reduced to making public apologies for a simple miswording. What a world.

I will pray for your reduced capacity of comprehension in this world.

You seem really bothered.
06-04-2020 02:02 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(06-04-2020 02:02 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 02:01 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  So now we're reduced to making public apologies for a simple miswording. What a world.

I will pray for your reduced capacity of comprehension in this world.

You seem really bothered.

No, I'm seeing videos on the internet and on TV of people getting down on their knees and apologizing for being white. That's basically what this amounts to. I will get on my knees for no mortal man. I will pray to the one I will get on my knees for that you get a clue.
06-04-2020 02:06 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(06-04-2020 01:44 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

Race baiting...

Argue with someone else

Just trying to give some context to what you are saying...That is all.
06-04-2020 02:09 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(06-04-2020 01:40 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 01:37 PM)maximus Wrote:  Honest question,

What does "not integrated like they should be" even mean?

On the surface it sounds ridiculous.

In a perfect world we wouldn't segregate ourselves.

We do it in church...

In school you had different areas of the lunch room...Even now

Many people choose neighborhoods based on who they live near.

Many black folks choose to live near black folks...And it is not always a financial deal.
Thats called human nature

Their isnt a cure for something thats not a problem... and people of the same culture / ethnicity congregating or living together isnt a problem, its natural.

That being said I live in a brand new house on a brand new street in a brand new subdivision, house in the 550K range, nothing outrageous but comfortable...I would bet my street is more diverse than 99% of streets in the mid-south, or the US for that matter. Would it be nice if everyone could experience that? Of course, but it is not even close to realistic.

06-04-2020 02:13 PM
Crazier Offline
All American

(06-04-2020 01:15 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  There were twice as many unarmed white men killed by cops last year than unarmed black men.

Name one of them.

Not to make this political but one group speaks up about the injustices and the other doesn't. Not their fault one when one group doesn't speak up against police brutality and the other remains status quo. All it takes is for police to be convicted when they do wrong and police misconduct will be reduced.
06-04-2020 02:14 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators

It's effing ridiculous.
06-04-2020 02:15 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

Donators
(06-04-2020 02:14 PM)Crazier Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 01:15 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  There were twice as many unarmed white men killed by cops last year than unarmed black men.

Name one of them.

Not to make this political but one group speaks up about the injustices and the other doesn't. Not their fault one when one group doesn't speak up against police brutality and the other remains status quo. All it takes is for police to be convicted when they do wrong and police misconduct will be reduced.

No, the problem is that the media chooses what is news and what isn't.

They 100% control the narrative in this country. They have an agenda. Once you realize who they work for and who controls them, it isn't hard to figure out.
06-04-2020 02:18 PM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
(06-04-2020 02:09 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 01:44 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

Race baiting...

Argue with someone else

Just trying to give some context to what you are saying...That is all.

I got curious so I looked a few things up. Two-thirds of crimes are committed by people living in poverty. There are twice as many white Americans living in poverty as there are black Americans. BTF stated that twice as many unarmed white men are killed by the police than are unarmed black men. That seems to hold up statistically for two-thirds of the criminal population. I don’t see a slant in either direction.

I’m not arguing with anyone nor am I stating this as fact. I imagine there are all kinds of statistics that would paint a different picture, either way. I just like to look things up
06-04-2020 02:31 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(06-04-2020 02:18 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  

Name one of them.

They 100% control the narrative in this country. They have an agenda. Once you realize who they work for and who controls them, it isn't hard to figure out.

This is exactly the problem. Left to our own devices people in this country of all races mostly get along fine.
06-04-2020 02:31 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(06-04-2020 02:31 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  I got curious so I looked a few things up. Two-thirds of crimes are committed by people living in poverty. There are twice as many white Americans living in poverty as there are black Americans. BTF stated that twice as many unarmed white men are killed by the police than are unarmed black men. That seems to hold up statistically for two-thirds of the criminal population. I don’t see a slant in either direction.

I’m not arguing with anyone nor am I stating this as fact. I imagine there are all kinds of statistics that would paint a different picture, either way. I just like to look things up

As opposed to blindly following the main stream narrative. Good man.
06-04-2020 02:33 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

Donators
(06-04-2020 02:31 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

Name one of them.

This is exactly the problem. Left to our own devices people in this country of all races mostly get along fine.

We would but that doesn't generate CONTROVERSY which generates EYEBALLS for the media which translates to $$$$$$.

We are all victims of the national media and their agenda driven manipulation.
06-04-2020 02:35 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(06-04-2020 02:35 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  
(06-04-2020 02:31 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

Name one of them.

We would but that doesn't generate CONTROVERSY which generates EYEBALLS for the media which translates to $$$$$$.

We are all victims of the national media and their agenda driven manipulation.

When I hear stories of black kids getting pulled over in Bartlett because the light above their license plate is out...Hell I didn't even know there was light there.

People are still getting profiled today...Even if you don't want to see it.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2020 02:50 PM by macgar32.)
06-04-2020 02:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.