Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Predicted Depth Chart 2020 at RB/WR/TE
Bookmark and Share
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Exclamation Predicted Depth Chart 2020 at RB/WR/TE
I'm a little bored over here and wanting to talk either some hoops or some football. I seem to recall we're losing some wide receivers to the transfer portal, and we also lost Deguara and Warren to the NFL.

I know we still have a lot of talent at WR, TE, and RB. For those more in the know than I am, what are your predictions for the depth charts at those positions? Seems like Doaks and Pierce are likely starters, but the rest of the skill positions remain unclear to me. Are highly touted tight ends like Taylor and Whyle ready to step up? Who do you anticipate being able to contribute right away among the incoming receivers?

06-02-2020 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OptimisticCoach Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Myself
RE: Predicted Depth Chart 2020 at RB/WR/TE
(06-02-2020 11:34 AM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  I'm a little bored over here and wanting to talk either some hoops or some football. I seem to recall we're losing some wide receivers to the transfer portal, and we also lost Deguara and Warren to the NFL.

I know we still have a lot of talent at WR, TE, and RB. For those more in the know than I am, what are your predictions for the depth charts at those positions? Seems like Doaks and Pierce are likely starters, but the rest of the skill positions remain unclear to me. Are highly touted tight ends like Taylor and Whyle ready to step up? Who do you anticipate being able to contribute right away among the incoming receivers?

QB - Desmond Ridder (Ben Bryan needs a real opportunity)
RB- Gerrid Doaks (I think Ford will get significant playing time)
WR 1- Pierce /
WR 2- Blue / (Maybe?) Young
WR 3- Jackson / Tucker / Young (in that order)

WR is up in the air but I believe Blue, Pierce, Jackson, and Tucker gets the first crack at the positions.

TE- Leonard Taylor / Labelle / Whyle

LT - Hudson
LG - Cooper
C - Robinson
RG - McConnell / O'Quinn / Mendiola / Woodside (Up in the Air)
RT - Harper

DE / Jack - Pitts / Tucky
DT - Elijah Ponder / Marcus Brown / Jabari Taylor / Curtis Brooks
DE- Sander / Vann

LB - White / Van Fossen
LB - DuBlanko / Huber/ Oakes
LB - Beavers / Holloway

CB - Gardner
CB - Bryant
Nickel - Bush

SS - Forest
FS - Wiggins

06-02-2020 12:47 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(06-02-2020 12:47 PM)OptimisticCoach Wrote:  QB - Desmond Ridder (Ben Bryan needs a real opportunity)
RB- Gerrid Doaks (I think Ford will get significant playing time)
WR 1- Pierce /
WR 2- Blue / (Maybe?) Young
WR 3- Jackson / Tucker / Young (in that order)

WR is up in the air but I believe Blue, Pierce, Jackson, and Tucker gets the first crack at the positions.

TE- Leonard Taylor / Labelle / Whyle

LT - Hudson
LG - Cooper
C - Robinson
RG - McConnell / O'Quinn / Mendiola / Woodside (Up in the Air)
RT - Harper

DE / Jack - Pitts / Tucky
DT - Elijah Ponder / Marcus Brown / Jabari Taylor / Curtis Brooks
DE- Sander / Vann

LB - White / Van Fossen
LB - DuBlanko / Huber/ Oakes
LB - Beavers / Holloway

CB - Gardner
CB - Bryant
Nickel - Bush

SS - Forest
FS - Wiggins

We are so stacked in the defensive backfield. As long we can create some pressure up front, those guys are going to have a field day. Even without pressure, we'll be stout in coverage.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020 12:52 PM by robertfoshizzle.)
06-02-2020 12:50 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
I think with the two grad transfers at wr so(Young from ND, and Jones from Arkansas) we should be in good shape. Jones was supposed to graduate this summer from Arkansas and Young has already graduated. Definitely ups our experience quotient provided they can both stay healthy. With the guys we have coming back, and those two and some frosh should be good to go. Curious to see if Blue Smith always makes his presence felt. LB still a little thing on experience, but a lot of guys in there. Huber's progess is the thing to watch along with the kids.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020 12:56 PM by dsquare.)
06-02-2020 12:54 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Unless he really comes back hard I do not see Blue as a starter this fall. He struggled with the playbook reportedly and the got injured in the fall and again prior to the limited spring workouts. Not saying they are going to start but I would not be surprised to see One or more of the freshmen come in and make a splash this year.

Running back is deep- Doaks, Ford, Chuck, Ryan Montgomery, and look out for the freshman.

Leonard Taylor and Bruno Labelle are going to be strong this year. Hopefully Whylie can finally stay upright.

06-02-2020 01:19 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
WR is wide open. I fear it’s thin. If any of the freshman had graduated early and gotten a full spring I think one of them could have made a big impact. I’m worried about that group, especially if Des doesn’t play better.

06-02-2020 01:55 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Online
Heisman

(06-02-2020 12:54 PM)dsquare Wrote:  I think with the two grad transfers at wr so(Young from ND, and Jones from Arkansas) we should be in good shape. Jones was supposed to graduate this summer from Arkansas and Young has already graduated. Definitely ups our experience quotient provided they can both stay healthy. With the guys we have coming back, and those two and some frosh should be good to go. Curious to see if Blue Smith always makes his presence felt. LB still a little thing on experience, but a lot of guys in there. Huber's progess is the thing to watch along with the kids.

Coach Marcus Freeman was on a podcast with Chad and Justin Williams last week. Sounds the plan at LB will be similar to our DL last year after the loss of Copeland and Broughton-- playing 5-6 guys on a rotational basis so that guys can play at a high level for fewer snaps vs. rolling with the same group for a majority of the snaps. Coach Freeman specifically mentioned Joel Dublanko, Jarrell White, Darrian Beavers, Wilson Huber, Brody Ingle and Steven Hawthorne.

Btw if you haven't listend to the podcast I suggest you do it-- you will pumped to hear Coach Freeman's comments about why Cincinnati

https://247sports.com/college/cincinnati...147602087/

06-02-2020 02:26 PM
OptimisticCoach Offline
Water Engineer

(06-02-2020 01:19 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Unless he really comes back hard I do not see Blue as a starter this fall. He struggled with the playbook reportedly and the got injured in the fall and again prior to the limited spring workouts. Not saying they are going to start but I would not be surprised to see One or more of the freshmen come in and make a splash this year.

Running back is deep- Doaks, Ford, Chuck, Ryan Montgomery, and look out for the freshman.

Leonard Taylor and Bruno Labelle are going to be strong this year. Hopefully Whylie can finally stay upright.

They also said Blue showed moments of why he was so highly rated. I think an off season and some more work could catapult him. I still, for some strange reason, feel like blue is that guy. I think he needs to get his head on his shoulders and focus. Once he realizes he's a special talent but have to put in the time because college isn't high school I think he will be undeniable.

So me putting Blue there was more of a belief in him than actual confidence.

06-02-2020 03:18 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Yea, i think you will see Whylie line up in the slot in a number of formations. He's a versatile guy. Key is he stays healthy. He's had some tough luck with injuries.

06-02-2020 03:20 PM
OptimisticCoach Offline
Water Engineer

(06-02-2020 02:26 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(06-02-2020 12:54 PM)dsquare Wrote:  I think with the two grad transfers at wr so(Young from ND, and Jones from Arkansas) we should be in good shape. Jones was supposed to graduate this summer from Arkansas and Young has already graduated. Definitely ups our experience quotient provided they can both stay healthy. With the guys we have coming back, and those two and some frosh should be good to go. Curious to see if Blue Smith always makes his presence felt. LB still a little thing on experience, but a lot of guys in there. Huber's progess is the thing to watch along with the kids.

Coach Marcus Freeman was on a podcast with Chad and Justin Williams last week. Sounds the plan at LB will be similar to our DL last year after the loss of Copeland and Broughton-- playing 5-6 guys on a rotational basis so that guys can play at a high level for fewer snaps vs. rolling with the same group for a majority of the snaps. Coach Freeman specifically mentioned Joel Dublanko, Jarrell White, Darrian Beavers, Wilson Huber, Brody Ingle and Steven Hawthorne.

Btw if you haven't listend to the podcast I suggest you do it-- you will pumped to hear Coach Freeman's comments about why Cincinnati

I listened to it and Hawthorne was more of an example of him stealing players from other positions. The mention of Huber was more of directed questioning. I chose Holloway because they said he was a monster already, between his athletic ability and his body growth they are excited about him. He Redshirted last year and they were focusing on getting his body right. He's the prototypical sniper and I believe they will give him opportunity.

06-02-2020 03:23 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

(06-02-2020 03:23 PM)OptimisticCoach Wrote:  

You are definitely right Holloway will be in the mix. The point I am making is it will be LB by committee this year. The depth on the DL and in the secondary is experienced and game proven, at LB it will mostly be inexperienced- but that does not necessarily mean they can't get it done. Our defense should be extremely good this year.

I listened to it and Hawthorne was more of an example of him stealing players from other positions. The mention of Huber was more of directed questioning. I chose Holloway because they said he was a monster already, between his athletic ability and his body growth they are excited about him. He Redshirted last year and they were focusing on getting his body right. He's the prototypical sniper and I believe they will give him opportunity.

06-02-2020 04:00 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I'm so hungry for fuggin' football that I'm most excited/intrigued to have Hudson at the left tackle spot from day 1 and Wiggins back prowlin' between the hashes. My gosh how the James Gang can have an incredible ripple effect on both sides of the ball. I realize Wiggins' status is a bit of an unknown with the ACL recovery but I haven't read anything yet that says he won't be ready to roll this season.

06-02-2020 06:39 PM
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
I forget his name, but what happened to the big German offensive lineman?

06-02-2020 06:45 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

(06-02-2020 06:45 PM)chatcat Wrote:  I forget his name, but what happened to the big German offensive lineman?

Lorentz Mentz- he is still here. Still learning the game, he will be getting a lot of reps in the two deep of the OL.

06-02-2020 06:52 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
Yeah, Metz will be able to back up both tackle spots. It’s great to have a backup with a dozen starts.

06-02-2020 06:56 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Metz is a bonus and may be a sleeper yet. That said, keep his ass on special teams to help block kicks.

06-02-2020 07:05 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I’m hoping Cooper really improves. He was pretty bad before he got hurt last year. Way to much grabbing.

06-02-2020 07:12 PM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

I think LB will be the big question mark on D. We lost so much leadership there but I know Dublanko and White have played a lot of snaps. I was pretty underwhelmed with what I saw out of Beavers last year to be honest. I know he's supposed to be very gifted athletically and maybe he was adjusting to a new position (I understand he played DE at UConn) but I thought he was way out of position on many plays. Really hoping he makes a big leap this year and the young guys step up.

06-03-2020 08:36 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(06-02-2020 07:12 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I’m hoping Cooper really improves. He was pretty bad before he got hurt last year. Way to much grabbing.

Luckily the edges are solid now and our center is seasoned...makes replacing guards a bit easier when they're covered by experience and talent on both sides. I think McConnell showed some great flashes last year, he'll be solid for us moving forward at the guard IMO.

06-03-2020 10:21 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
has vann been making an impact? he'll be a junior right?

06-03-2020 11:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.