Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nate Meyer Walking On FB Team
Bookmark and Share
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Following Urban’s footsteps, Urban is walking on the FB team. Wants to get into coaching afterwards.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/urban-m...ssion=true

05-13-2020 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
Don't want to read too much into this but it sounds like Urban is coach in waiting

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

05-13-2020 08:29 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
RE: Nate Meyer Walking On FB Team
(05-13-2020 08:29 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Don't want to read too much into this but it sounds like Urban is coach in waiting

How would the fanbase react if Fick left but Meyer was next man in?
Can we get over the white helmet butt-kicking at the hands of Meyer in the Sugar Bowl or do we hold a grudge?

05-13-2020 08:34 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Nah, coaches son go to other schools all the time to learn their trade (see Tommy Tuberville’s son who went to Auburn).

If and when Fick leaves I think Freeman is the guy.

05-14-2020 03:58 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(05-14-2020 03:58 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Nah, coaches son go to other schools all the time to learn their trade (see Tommy Tuberville’s son who went to Auburn).

Freeman seems the heir apparent, if we can hold him long enough. What am I saying--maybe he and Fickell will spend another decade together here?

Fickell passed UC's "three years and done" milepost with flying colors by turning down a top tier Big Ten program. Could UC be as consistently good as Virginia Tech was during Beamer's best years? With Ohio recruits, maybe better. How fun would that be?

05-14-2020 07:27 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(05-14-2020 07:27 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(05-14-2020 03:58 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Nah, coaches son go to other schools all the time to learn their trade (see Tommy Tuberville’s son who went to Auburn).

Freeman seems the heir apparent, if we can hold him long enough. What am I saying--maybe he and Fickell will spend another decade together here?

Fickell passed UC's "three years and done" milepost with flying colors by turning down a top tier Big Ten program. Could UC be as consistently good as Virginia Tech was during Beamer's best years? With Ohio recruits, maybe better. How fun would that be?

The only difference is conference affialiation...there will always be that pull. I think if you don't have rampant sexual assault allegations he would've ended up at MSU last season...which means it's only a matter of time. Regardless, I'm thrilled with how his tenure has gone and won't let the end tarnish the means.

05-14-2020 08:12 AM
Advertisement

Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I guess I have to clarify that I was kidding about Urban

05-14-2020 08:14 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
Maybe Urban will want to come in as Offensive Coordinator if Denbrock ever moves on.

05-14-2020 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(05-14-2020 08:59 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Maybe Urban will want to come in as Offensive Coordinator if Denbrock ever moves on.

Urban is an interesting character. There's not a whole lot he could do that would surprise me to be honest. Obviously if he ever wants to be involved with UC football, you take him in a heartbeat. Urban will always have pull with recruits.

05-14-2020 09:19 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

Following up on the above, Urban Meyer seems to be motivated by challenges. It's possible that he would be intrigued by the challenge of turning Cincinnati into a national power, thus ending his career by turning his alma mater into a football factory. Stranger things have happened, and it would be a heck of a way to end a hall of fame career. That said, I agree with others that Freeman is the head coach in waiting, with Gino also waiting in the wings.

05-14-2020 09:25 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(05-13-2020 07:20 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Following Urban’s footsteps, Urban is walking on the FB team. Wants to get into coaching afterwards.

I presume it's a total coincidence, but Trent Cloud announced he's transferring (seemingly on good terms) and put his name in the portal (I lost track of his tweet or I'd have posted it.)

We are going to see quite a few new faces at WR and no offense to those leaving, but I also think we should be quite improved at that position.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2020 03:21 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
05-14-2020 03:19 PM
Advertisement

doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(05-14-2020 03:19 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 07:20 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Following Urban’s footsteps, Urban is walking on the FB team. Wants to get into coaching afterwards.

I presume it's a total coincidence, but Trent Cloud announced he's transferring (seemingly on good terms) and put his name in the portal (I lost track of his tweet or I'd have posted it.)

We are going to see quite a few new faces at WR and no offense to those leaving, but I also think we should be quite improved at that position.
Man the seasons done. How will we cope when losing a guy who in past two seasons, played in a combined 22 games. He’ll apparently finish his time with the Bearcats with 83 yards and a touchdown on 12 receptions. Seven of the receptions, 34 of the yards and the lone score came in 2019.

Wow had he stayed he would have joined the Ring of Honor!

05-14-2020 05:48 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
[Image: e5dbbcc3a319e75bab27646c5c2533ed.jpg]

05-14-2020 05:58 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-14-2020 05:58 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  [Image: e5dbbcc3a319e75bab27646c5c2533ed.jpg]

BAZINGA!

05-14-2020 06:02 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

Super cool to **** on a kid who gave everything to the program and just didn't have enough to make it through

05-14-2020 07:30 PM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(05-14-2020 03:19 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  I presume it's a total coincidence, but Trent Cloud announced he's transferring (seemingly on good terms) and put his name in the portal (I lost track of his tweet or I'd have posted it.)

Anyone know why some many WR's are transferring? Is there better younger talent and these guys see the writing on the wall that they won't be getting PT? That certainly didn't seem like the case for Mbodj. Are they frustrated with the QB play? Seems rather odd that one position group would have so much turnover.

05-15-2020 07:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-15-2020 07:26 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  
(05-14-2020 03:19 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  I presume it's a total coincidence, but Trent Cloud announced he's transferring (seemingly on good terms) and put his name in the portal (I lost track of his tweet or I'd have posted it.)

Anyone know why some many WR's are transferring? Is there better younger talent and these guys see the writing on the wall that they won't be getting PT? That certainly didn't seem like the case for Mbodj. Are they frustrated with the QB play? Seems rather odd that one position group would have so much turnover.

Getting Davis MSU and Young ND but losing Mbodj, Rogers and Cloud to ?

Losing QB Kosco to ?

Losing RB Thomas to ? and getting Ford AL

DB's losing Potts to NCO and McDonald and Johnson to ?

Losing Mbodj is a loss. Thomas The Tank could have been great if he had his head straight. But we got a FORD!

These are per 247.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2020 11:00 AM by doss2.)
05-15-2020 08:38 AM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
WR was our worst position group last year. The more change the better.

05-15-2020 10:22 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(05-15-2020 08:38 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
(05-15-2020 07:26 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  

Getting Davis MSU and Young ND but losing Mbodj, Rogers and Cloud to ?

Losing QB Kosco to ?

Losing RB Thomas to ? and getting Ford AL

DB's losing Potts to NCO and McDonald and Johnson to ?

Losing Mbodj is a loss. Thomas The Tank could have been great if he had his head straight. But we got a FORD!

These are per 247.

A few minor notes, Potts was a linebacker, not a DB and Kosco was a walk-on QB. Thomas is going to Independence CC (Last Chance U), and Mbodj has been in the portal each of the last two seasons, so I don't know if he's actually gone. Even if he is, we're bringing in three highly rated WRs, so I'm not worried.

WR was a position that they clearly knew needed to be upgraded and I believe there were probably some very frank and honest conversations and players took them the way the coaches likely intended.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2020 11:21 AM by BearcatMan.)
05-15-2020 11:19 AM
ZCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(05-14-2020 08:12 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(05-14-2020 07:27 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  

The only difference is conference affialiation...there will always be that pull. I think if you don't have rampant sexual assault allegations he would've ended up at MSU last season...which means it's only a matter of time. Regardless, I'm thrilled with how his tenure has gone and won't let the end tarnish the means.
I respect your opinions Based on your working at a University and being on the inside, coaching, played at UC etc.
That said, it’s disappointing to read your post. I thought (wishful thinking?) he would’ve stayed even without the sexual assault issues at Michigan State.

05-15-2020 01:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.