05-07-2020 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
RE: Pandemic Response Team/Playbook
(05-07-2020 11:09 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(05-07-2020 10:47 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(05-07-2020 10:41 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  And funny, while lad ******* about 'talking about the term "slut" ', he conveniently absolutely forgets which side made that dumb*** issue a debating point topic..... I mean, he jumped full force in with big when they whined about the use of the word (among others) as the outset. Now he ******* about talking about it. Laugh a minute with some.

I kind of like Lad. he at least has some flexibility, like his patron saint, Obama. But he does tend to run away when he doesn't like where his own words are leading him.

Watching him debate with ham is an event.

I appreciate Tanq deleting that portion of his reponse.

I obviously know I was part of :checks notes: defining the word slut.

I am 100% self-aware of how wasteful this board can be. I try to laugh about it when it becomes to much for my fragile psyche to bare. But for some reason, I keep coming back here - a bit masochistic if you ask me.

It is one level to complain about some of the topics here.

It is another level to wholeheartedly jump in with the group in the conversation on a stupid topic (i.e. the propriety of using the term 'slut'), then to add a supplemental complaint about the topic. Had you not been one of the quasi PC police that *started* that topic, I wouldnt have typed my comment in the first place, mind you.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020 11:15 AM by tanqtonic.)
05-07-2020 11:13 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
(05-07-2020 11:13 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(05-07-2020 10:41 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  And funny, while lad ******* about 'talking about the term "slut" ', he conveniently absolutely forgets which side made that dumb*** issue a debating point topic..... I mean, he jumped full force in with big when they whined about the use of the word (among others) as the outset. Now he ******* about talking about it. Laugh a minute with some.

I kind of like Lad. he at least has some flexibility, like his patron saint, Obama. But he does tend to run away when he doesn't like where his own words are leading him.

I am 100% self-aware of how wasteful this board can be. I try to laugh about it when it becomes to much for my fragile psyche to bare. But for some reason, I keep coming back here - a bit masochistic if you ask me.

It is another level to wholeheartedly jump in with the group in the conversation on a stupid topic (i.e. the propriety of using the term 'slut'), then to add a supplemental complaint about the topic. Had you not been one of the quasi PC police that *started* that topic, I wouldnt have typed my comment in the first place, mind you.

I'm not complaining about the topic in this instance - I'm complaining about the seriousness with which you're taking this board by getting worked up over some gifs and Twitter screen prints from one of the great philosophers of our time (@dril).
05-07-2020 11:17 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(05-07-2020 11:17 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(05-07-2020 11:13 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  

I'm not complaining about the topic in this instance - I'm complaining about the seriousness with which you're taking this board by getting worked up over some gifs and Twitter screen prints from one of the great philosophers of our time (@dril).

I have zero problems with levity. Or with 'some gifs'. Note the word 'some'. In Mr Cartoon world, I dont think the word 'some' really applies. Perhaps you do. when he starts out his lack of aderall 48 hours making a ****-fer post about using msn.com, that kind of paints the picture of the type of 'conversation' cartoon-boy is seemingly capable of at his apex.

When all a person can do is in the overall the equivalent of writing cartoons on the wall in crayon for pretty much every fing post, yeah, in a Rice political board I find that inane and dumb***.

I turned Mr Gif off -- so there shouldnt be an issue there. Have fun speaking 'cartoon'.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020 11:31 AM by tanqtonic.)
05-07-2020 11:26 AM
Fountains of Wayne Graham Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
[Image: giphy.gif]
05-07-2020 11:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.